• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with color t-maps

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I am back after playing WOW since about "Welcome, Cupid.
You last visited: 05-24-2005 at 09:12 PM"
Anyway I used to solo all the maps but I am having a hard time locating them with the new colors on them, I have actually yet to find a single one after many attempts as I cant match up my map with those on the databases since the colored maps seem to lack the details to make a perfect match. Any help would be appreciated as I am even starting over with level 1 maps :-O

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You must be using the enhanced client.

In the classic Client (the old 2D client) they are still the same.

There is also the free replacement for UO Automap called UO Cartographer (look for a link on U.Hall - the thread's getting about 600 posts long), that will work with both clients as long as you do the following:

Classic Client: Run the trial or full version of UO Assist
Enhanced Client: install one of the custom user interfaces (like copper enhanced) that are linked to off the Enhanced Client forum, that has the little bit of LUA code to allow the map to work.

If you like the enhanced client, go to that forum (a few lines up from this one), and ask for advice on user interfaces, and getting UOC. You should be able to tell map locations a little better with that info.

L

Lord Drakelord

You must be using the enhanced client.

In the classic Client (the old 2D client) they are still the same.

There is also the free replacement for UO Automap called UO Cartographer (look for a link on U.Hall - the thread's getting about 600 posts long), that will work with both clients as long as you do the following:

Classic Client: Run the trial or full version of UO Assist
Enhanced Client: install one of the custom user interfaces (like copper enhanced) that are linked to off the Enhanced Client forum, that has the little bit of LUA code to allow the map to work.

If you like the enhanced client, go to that forum (a few lines up from this one), and ask for advice on user interfaces, and getting UOC. You should be able to tell map locations a little better with that info.

Thanks for helping him, I don't play the enhanced client, makes me ill looking at the screen, so had no clue what he was talking about.

T

Tukaram

So far my experience has been just the opposite. The detail is so nice in the new maps I was able to locate my first one using just the UO atlas. I looked at the colored map, looked at a zoomed out world and as I zoomed in a little at a time I was able to go right to it.

But then again I could never use the old map. I was never able to find any treasure spots before without using Goodmans, or UO Treasure Hunter.

L

Lord Drakelord

Ahh I am glad you do not suffer any illness, I, however, do each time I log in that client, I just cannot play it, if they ever quit using the 2d client I would have to quit playing UO.