• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with barding skills

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've one or two training bard skills - music, prov, peace, disco - just now and since the old forums have gone, I have no idea what people should be doing at which skill level, and nowhere to go to find out! Does anyone have a list, like the smith/tailor ones of what to do when? I'm doing prov myself, and haven't a clue what monsters to aim for!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hunter's guide can help you, look at the creature's barding difficulty.

I might be able to suggest something if I knew what level you were currently at.

Picking stuff up from a 'search' for 'bard' in uo player's corner I found:
Seismic said:
Provo

50-68 -- Lava Lizards (Delucia passage)
68-85 -- Drakes (Destard, near level 2 stairs)
85-GM -- Ogre Lords (Shame OL isle)
GM-120 -- Yomotsu Warriors, Priests, and Elders (Yomotsu Mines - Tokuno)

You can ring up at 68 to go straight to provoking Ogre Lords too, if you want.
Peace: area peace in Twisted Weald or Serpentine Passage.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I asked on the old Bards' Board, the following was suggested....

Lock music at GM (if you're currently above GM, train something easy to drop music to GM)

For Disco and Provo; target anything that the Hunters Guide says is within 25 points of your skill level.

For Peace; either area peace in a highly monster-populated area, or do the "not an exploit, but not exactly playing the game as it was meant to be played" thing, and constantly area peace yourself as you wander around.

The reason for locking Music at GM was that above GM you lose a skill check when trying to Disco or Provo, thus dropping your chance of a gain.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Up to which skill can you train peace by area-peacing?
Btw you area-peace these days by targetting yourself with peacemaking. It could be possible, that you can get only up to GM that way. From what I've heard, you're having 100% success chance on area peace at gm music/gm peace.
Music over GM adds to your succes chance. That way you're having higher succes chances with the other barding skills. (It sounds good but it isnt, if you want to have many gains. Especially at higher skill levels you need to bard onto more dangerous creatures than you would have to with only gm music.)
I dont have exact lists, when to bard which creatures, but an other trick with them. Toy around with different music instruments. Exceptional instruments give 10% more succes on any monster, slayer instruments giving 20%, if used onto the fitting creatures and -10% (or -20%? ... cant remember) if used onto monsters of the opposite slayer group, normal/npc bought instruments are not giving any bonus. Knowing that you can improve your gains on certain monsters/gain for a longer duration on them.
I am not fully up to date with todays barding possibilities. There was a point (or at least I think so), where you could provoke something onto player controlled pets. So ... if your having a guild mate training his/a pet with a shadow elemental, you could try to join in and provoke those two onto each other.