• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP: Stratics needs some lores on the following...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This one really makes me wish for an updated gump in Pinco's UI. Having to take one screenshot per mob instead of 9? would speed up this work tremendously.
Edit: I imagine you need more than one per mob for certain things like stats and resists? Or is the idea to get at least one set per pet first, and then add as time allows?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like there are quite a few in that list that you wont get a lore gump for, either because they are no long spawning or they are humanoid and don't work with animal lore.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Or they are ethy's like the Charger but get as many as you can.

I did one Abcess, going down the list and getting at least one reading for whatever I can without dying lol.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am always killing Dreadhorn, so I will get some more lores during the next week so we have a good pool of data on him.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one really makes me wish for an updated gump in Pinco's UI. Having to take one screenshot per mob instead of 9? would speed up this work tremendously.
You can enter the lore information yourself, no need for screenshots.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Edit: I imagine you need more than one per mob for certain things like stats and resists? Or is the idea to get at least one set per pet first, and then add as time allows?
I asked Pinco about it and he/she said that they were having some RL issues and such but when that is better he/she will be updating that! Can't wait.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I already have the backend code ready and waiting for Pinco's, and I've talked with him about it. He's been busy in RL; he needs to find time to re-code the OCR he uses to extract all the info from the lore gumps to make his things work. Once he does get Pincos up and running with the new lores, though, it'll only take me a couple of days to write the last bit of code to support adding lores via Pincos lore log files - that'll be far less tedious, at least for EC users. :)

And yes; the more lores for every mob, the better. The more lores we have, the less important the influences of the RNG become, and the closer to the real min/max values we'll get, just like with the old Hunter's Guide. But even just a single lore gets at least a basic baseline in, even if we don't know the possible ranges for each number.

For an example of a mob where a decent # of lores has likely mostly eliminated the RNG to let us see the true range of possible values, Tsuki Wolf - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums currently has 30 lores submitted.

Seems like there are quite a few in that list that you wont get a lore gump for, either because they are no long spawning or they are humanoid and don't work with animal lore.
Aye; there's over a thousand mobs in the Hunter's Guide, but this particular list can never get down to zero, between extinct mobs, unloreable mobs, mobs not yet seen in game, etc. I've been running around on test loring everything I can find, but there's still at least a few hundred that can get lores, and just haven't yet, especially from spawns, bosses, the Pit, the Prim Lich, Corgul's island, etc - ie, places and mobs that aren't quite easy to get to on a single char on test. :p

Last edited: