• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help, My ea land is crashin to desktop now

• Thread starter imported_herk1287
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_herk1287

after the update...."C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" "-AppArgs: -r800x600" thats my ea land target windowd box

G

It's because we are being forced to use that awful huge window, take out the resizing part and it should work, I hate this myself. This alone will push many of us with more than one account to cancel, for what is the sense in having more if we can't see to play with them? I was hoping this wouldn't come to EA Land, was hoping it was a bug they would fix, but alas here it is

G

Is it being suggested to remove appsarg from the target line?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent got that in my target line ??? mines as follows and it does it still

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

R

Rowdee

Where do u find the target line? My size screen looks the same since I have come back to game, I havent been able to use FULL screen at all only windows granted it is big then in the past?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never used it. The command line has a (relatively) flexible syntax set-up - meaning not everything has to be exact. Unfortunately, *some* things *do* have to be exact, and figuring out which is which can be frustrating.

P

Paula778

so far multiple windows always worked for me.. also with the bigger ones...

don't think they would dare taking that from us. that would be just stupid lol

M

MadisonEJ

Hi My Target Line is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

my start in line is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\"

desktop trip is my home i guess

C

coyoteee

I'm playing two accounts right now in windowed mode without a problem.

My screen res is 1280 x 1024 and I'm playing EAL with two windows set to 1024 x 768 res. Don't know if that helps or not. :)

~Coy

D

DGLita

the reason is because an update is being applied and EALand is down.

When the update is finished ou shuodl be able to log in again

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

after the update...."C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" "-AppArgs: -r800x600" thats my ea land target windowd box

[/ QUOTE ]

This DOSN"T work

Max

G

Mine too, but it I use the full screen icon it works. What did the update do now. Just got more accounts and need smaller window, what it is this time, getting at wits end!!

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Parizad posted that EAL is back up and I'm there right now, so she wasn't pulling our legs. :)

HERE

~Coy

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

Hi My Target Line is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

my start in line is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\"

desktop trip is my home i guess

[/ QUOTE ]

This DOES'T work !

G

I will post this to help the other players in the game, but damn it pisses me off that I am the one to do it instead of a developer who prefers to hide than hear the complaining this update is going to cause.

To get to your target line, right click the icon you use to enter the game, click on properties, the top line of the window that opens should be your target line. Remove -r800x600 or any other numbers it may have there, I know some use different sizes. I never had that other part in my target, the app??? thing so not sure what it is for. My target line now is:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOPatch\TSO.exe"

This one is for the client in EA Land only, you only need this IF you run more than one account, always use the first to make sure you are updated to newest version before you use the client:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" "-CSCity:EA Land"

If you have the new ea land install, the first part will be different, but that's ok, you only need worry about the end part.

You should be able to get in game, and I hope all of you who hate this big friggin window as much as I do, tell the devs about it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i mean ea land windowed icon not client

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks the same bad bear apart from the *patch*

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

Lol took the -r800x600 out just before saw cntrygrls post and got me in game - dame big window how we supposed t play 2 or 3 accounts - if it stays like this ill close the other two and use as free just to hold things - dammed if ill pay for three acounts and only be able to comfortably use one thats 2 x £7.99 (£15.98) a month e a will loose off me - thought they were suppose to be trying to make money no loose it

P

Paula778

I had to go the long way to get the update in my pocket...
start-programs-maxis-tso where you can chose the city...
when uploaded and in, I closed game and went back to precious desktop client

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can log in on full screen just not windows mode

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

We not only have to suffer with the big screen, I now cannot enter my factory at work...says free players are unable to enter such lots, pfft....I am not a free acct and I work there every day...kind of sucks...thought these updates were suppose to be tested in tc3 first....

G

I used this path, but it is full screen I need small, are we now unable to use small screen?

G

Oh wow, noticed your post and yes, have 5 account and if this is going to happen, cancelling 4 of theem ASAP, please someone (DEV.) let me know??

S

SweetOldMan

It can be fixed IM me in Game "SweetDealz" and I will tell u how

P

Paula778

no no don't freak, all good, im in with all of em.. maybe my post a lil more up there helps you too

T

Tristan Lewis

FYI for those of you who dont like what you are calling full screen. Which is actually a large Windowed Mode, Just go to your desktop right click on an empty spot on your desk top go to properties and settings. In there youll find Desktop Resolutions. Just change that to the desired setting and hit apply. That simple no need to get mad about it.

G

I have tried that, my monitor isn't big enough to get this friggin window to look like I want it to.

G

Well, thx. for the info. but when I have to search all these post to know that something else has to be done to play the way I
have been playing. I have a right to get mad. This aint free.

T

Tristan Lewis

Yea I know it Aint FREE but let me say Yall are bonkers if you think its impossible to run more then 1 account in what is beeing called full screen. Cause I run 6 on 1 PC in that huge window!!!!!!!!

And I got an old saying for this one too. Go ahead and be mad rest assured that you'll get glad in the same pants you got mad in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yea I know it Aint FREE but let me say Yall are bonkers if you think its impossible to run more then 1 account in what is beeing called full screen. Cause I run 6 on 1 PC in that huge window!!!!!!!!

And I got an old saying for this one too. Go ahead and be mad rest assured that you'll get glad in the same pants you got mad in.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOnt recall anyone saying its impossible i know people who use it that way and are happy to do so - I personally like many others do not like it in full mode when running more than one account, you cant keep any eye on your sims so easily - eg i can work one sim and keep an eye on whos coming in and out of shop etc and have another skilling and have them all lined on my 17 inch screen so i can see there needs without having to flick from one screen to another which is a pain in butt - change the resolution make everything so small my sim would look like a stick insect

Just because you can work 6 accounts that way aand are happy to do so does not mean that we are all *bonkers* we paid for our accounts to use in whatever mode we wanted it is not right to have that choice taken away from us or give us a screen that is so small its impossible to work with

G

Ok, last post, and not wanting the last word, BUT I always know that you can have as many you want in FULL mode. Just think we should be told and not have to talked about just to find a *&amp;^% fix.

A

Anarela

Come on guys... cool it a bit... it's not what all of us want, it's not what all of us is used to...

We are not bonkers if we like things some other ways

I would love to be able to go to work... or to be able to play without the lag... it's getting bad...

Peace...

G

I want my windows mode.

I would also love a Dev to respond to our posts regarding this update. It takes 5 seconds to post a response. Did you disable windows mode so we couldn't play group money objects with multiple sims? Do you want to make it more difficult to use our multiple accounts? We are seeking straight up answers here. Thank you

T

Tristan Lewis

And A bit nicer response this time
. Be Patient Ive read somewhere that resizable windows MAY be in the future.

G

ok, before the update...I had the -w -r800x600 in the target line and it worked great for me. I am one of the few Im sure that loves the full screen and I had it...I also have vista. Now...even with the screen resolution set 800 x 600 and removing the 800x600 in the target just so I can sign on...its full screen but a lot smaller than before...so is there no way to get it back to the large full screen I had?

G

are they willing too pay for our monitors if they mess up doing this?

G

RIGHT ON!!! Glad I,m not crazy here or Bonkers or whatever the heck that means. I want it back or no need to play these many, hell I,m missing songs and cant say thank you and all kinds of crap. Thx. for the cool it a bit Anarela

G

*relieved* that Lee as stated it is a bug; now waiting on a fix

for some reason this doesn't feel new to me...? &gt;: )

G

Yeah its a bug that might get fixed next week. In the mean-time, i do not know of another way to run my sims. If anyone can point me in the right direction on this, i would appreciate it because when i try to open two games with the regular shortcut it tells me only one instance of the game can be run at a time. Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.

S

SweetOldMan

I am currently Wrapping up my Business classes for this semester and let me tell you this..EA needs a few lessons in bussiness.I will say safely %50 or more of TSO users have more then 1 account. Cant Play more then 1 sim means no 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Account Ect. Which means a great Net loss. So go ahead make it were we can only play one account BUT before you do All you Ea Employees who work in the TSO department put in for a transfer or find another job Because TSO will become Ghost Town Once more... And FYI most people who cry about people with more than one account are to cheap to pay for another.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah its a bug that might get fixed next week. In the mean-time, i do not know of another way to run my sims. If anyone can point me in the right direction on this, i would appreciate it because when i try to open two games with the regular shortcut it tells me only one instance of the game can be run at a time. Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Multiple acc's can still be run using the client shortcut, except they are in the larger screen as the 800x600 is causing a 'bug'. Which makes it very difficult, but not <font color="black"> impossible </font> for us to have multiple acc's running at the same time.