• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help me decide on new guild name...

What would you like the Massive Multi-Shard Thief Guild's name to be?

• Total voters
S

Shinobi

The vote on this will be the final name, unless it has too few voters and I decide to throw out the poll. I'm evenly torn between all these names, and need help deciding.

History of the names:

The Collectors [SHIN] - The guild name I used when I went cross-shard stealing, making a guild on each shard I visited.

Thieving Evolution [ThEv] - A great suggestion from Mairut, which describes what this new guild could be.

The Jelly Gang [GANG] - A real-life gang that formed in Britain. This was the gang that Eddie Chapman, a thief/double agent during World War II, rolled with. They got their name from using gelignite to blow open safes. Read "Agent Zigzag" to learn more.

The High Mach Society [MACH] - Referring to the MACH-IV test created by an Italian philosopher named Machiavelli. See the thread titled "The MACH-IV Test, and our new guild name..."

C

Cruxshadow

I got tired of waiting and started a chessy guild called "Sticky Fingers" [ ..I, ]. If we ever end up deciding what to call the intershard guild, ill switch over. lol, not like it matters. i think i might be the only theif on chessy right now actively stealing ****.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the Jelly Gang!

Sounds cool and has a real reference to a thief gang :p

That and I like Jelly, lol

F

Fingers of Cats

I had to vote "ThEv" because currently with the way UO has changed over the years, a thief has to evolve or at least adapt to be viable.

I played a PvP thief when AoS came out and saw how the number of PvP thieves dropped drastically and they all cried "UO is dead because of insurance and thieves not being able to steal blah blah blah" and found myself making more money because of people forgetting to insure arties etc, I just had to be sneaky with what I did :p

-Fingers

T

The Green Thief

The Collectors [SHIN] - The guild name I used when I went cross-shard stealing, making a guild on each shard I visited.
Wow, ego much? You aren't God's gift to thieves, get over yourself.

S

Shinobi

Wow, ego much? You aren't God's gift to thieves, get over yourself.
Lol, i already said in the last thread that i knew it sounded conceited. I couldn't come up with an abbreviation and it was the first thing that popped into my head. How about i get over myself, and you learn to not take things so seriously, then we'll have a deal.

P.S. The only reason it is in the final 4 choices is because i like the name "The Collectors". The abbreviation can easily be changed.

M

Mairut

I had to vote "ThEv" because currently with the way UO has changed over the years, a thief has to evolve or at least adapt to be viable.

I played a PvP thief when AoS came out and saw how the number of PvP thieves dropped drastically and they all cried "UO is dead because of insurance and thieves not being able to steal blah blah blah" and found myself making more money because of people forgetting to insure arties etc, I just had to be sneaky with what I did :p

-Fingers
Me too. It seems to take a lot more "skill" to be a thief nowadays...much like looting was back when I played from '00 to '04.

I decided to make a thief after talking to Shinobi one day and learning how it is much more challenging than it used to be...that and some of the other things he was doing seemed pretty da** cool.

The guild name ThEv:Thieving Evolution also seemed descriptive to me because not only in that you do have to adaptable to be a thief in today's UO...

...But the fact that we're going to do a cross-shard thieving guild, thieves helping thieves and god only knows what else (and I know there are a few things in the works)

To me, it does seem like a good name for the next step
for thieving in UO (and hopefully for thieving in mmo's in general).

C

Cruxshadow

Any thoughts on using [ ..I, ] for guild abbreviation? lol, supposed to look like a middle finger. I think it would help keep the thief status kind of hidden, but still kinda let people know what we're about lol. Anyways, just a suggestion.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any thoughts on using [ ..I, ] for guild abbreviation? lol, supposed to look like a middle finger. I think it would help keep the thief status kind of hidden, but still kinda let people know what we're about lol. Anyways, just a suggestion.
That is hilarious....I like.

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I think we need a few other Suggestions... I still beleive that coming out saying, "Hey We Are Thieves!!!" isnt the best option.. I mean alot of people pick a guild name because it sounds cool... but this is not the same type of choice.... This is 1 Mass-Shard Guild and once we choose a name and find out later it wasnt the best choice... it'll be too deep to change especially since I'm planning on not only Running the Vent but also Building and Maintaning the Website...

We can't let the name be chosen on just 6 votes...

If the name is gonna be Blunt like ThEv... it needs to state a meaning as well as to make the outsiders have to think about it...

I still think, "Opportunity Makes The Thief" is slightly blunt but is also a statement thats true no matter what method you use for stealing... It's the opportunity that you come across as a thief to steal... the abriviation can be anything i was joking around on Atlantic with [TAKE] but it can be a number of things... i just didnt really like [OMTT]...

By the way I wanna Introduce myself to those of you who do not know me... I am Tetricyde Thief of Baja originally... Xfered to Atlantic to help shinobi build his army and now I will be transfering to Pacific to Lead the Pacific Branch of the Mass Guild...

Please let me know what you all think...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you mind a suggestion from a mere crate thief, too cowardly and conscience ridden to steal from players?

Suggestion is SoF = Scholars of ***in.

S

Shinobi

Ok, how's this...

The Collectors [LOL]

This way, when someone is trying to rat us out or speak badly about us, it can lighten the blow of the situation. Imagine someone talking about us:

"Dude, that thief that stole my item was in LOL"

A passer-by will see this as a fun conversation, rather than a threat that they should be worried about.

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok there is a new thread here. Please follow the link to the new Poll and we are gonna try to sort this all out. :) Thankyou

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, how's this...

The Collectors [LOL]

This way, when someone is trying to rat us out or speak badly about us, it can lighten the blow of the situation. Imagine someone talking about us:

"Dude, that thief that stole my item was in LOL"

A passer-by will see this as a fun conversation, rather than a threat that they should be worried about.
Re-read the above post, then return sensibly to "THEV". :lick:

C

Cruxshadow

I still think, "Opportunity Makes The Thief" is slightly blunt but is also a statement thats true no matter what method you use for stealing... It's the opportunity that you come across as a thief to steal...

come to siege, you make your own opportunities...

lol, not sure what happened to my quote.