• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help, maybe.

G

Ok, so Im trying to reactivate my account, and either Im ********, or the reactivation process is now an IQ test that Im failing miserably. Apparently I have to reactivate from the ea.com website, and even though Ive created an account, I cant see a link/tab/button that will help me.

Ideas?

G

Hmm...Ive also noticed talk of character wipes. Is there a way to check if my characters are still on my account be I subscribe?

D

Dain69

I believe the character wipe was kind of a random thing on all significantly inactive characters/accounts around 2002. Although don't quote me on it!

Welcome back (hopefuly
) to UO!

K

Kaybrielle

Once you log into that site, click on subscription and in the right hand corner there is a small link that says reactive your subscription....

uo.com wont show your chars I tried that but reactivated my account using the link above today...

I

imported_thenow

I believe chars are/were only deleted if character was below GM skill and on an inactive account for a long period of time.I could be wrong , but this is my belief. And as UO char search, again i think if char hasn't logged in for a period of time it does not show.

G

it only shoes up if you've logged in in the past 30 days
Generator would do well to look at the thread, 'wow is about all i can say' as alot of what he is asking is in that thread.

G

Ok...sigh.

I started playing back in Feb 2000. I did put a code in, WAY BACK THEN. Obviously.

Ive quit and reactivated my account quite a few times over the past 8 years, and havent since had to "put a code in", unless of course I was upgrading my account. Im not doing that this time, I simply wish to reactivate and start playing again. Which is/was also obvious.

I know youre trying to help, but really? It looks like I didnt put a code in?

Anyone else?

G

Sounds as if you're victim to the login/account management screen as many have been in recent times. Not to panic, EA themselves admit that the account pages are "borked"...

It should all resolve sooner or later. Not to stress, I've found myself that the EA pages are a little iffy. Keep at it and a solution should present itself.

G

Ahh, thanks. Good to know its not just me. Misery loves company, as they say. I'll keep at it and will hopefully be revisitng Sosaria again very soon.

G

yes it does look like you havnt, seeing as they are all unregistered, i was under hte ussumption that it was when you put the back of the box code in it says registered. if im wrong im wrong but god damn you dont have to be so rude about it!
good bloody luck with it
*closes webpages she had open last night to find answers*

G

You left your account name on that screenshot by the way.

And Katlene's right, there wasnt any need to be rude about it, from that screenshot it looks exactly like she said =) That may not be the problem, but it's how it appears from the screenshot.

C

Cowgoesmoo

<blockquote><hr>

Checked out that link, theres no actual Reactivation button/link that I can see and quite honestly its far more bloody confusing than I remember.

I also logged into MyUo from the uo.com website, and tried searching for my characters, none of which came up. Now, I have played UO within the last 18 months or so...but if theyre gone, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I just mentioned in the last thread that site only shows chartacters that have been logged in in the last 30 days.

G

yeah i said it earlier on in the threads moo. but help falls on deaf ears in this one

G

This Moderator is not taking crap either.

Keep it sensible people.