• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Help for a new Bowcrafter

• Thread starter Kyrie_Elaison
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kyrie_Elaison

I'm having a difficult time finding this information so please bear with me.

1. What is the best wood type to use to create bows that are worth using?
  2. Is it worth it to create bows without using a runic?
  3. What is the best all around runic kit to use?
  4. What is the best way to enhance bows found as loot? ie; if it has luck use luck to enhance, if it has SSI go for that, etc
  5. Are the peerless ingredient bows worth trying to make, or can you make a better bow just using wood and runics?
  6. Can items be crafted with colored wood and a runic then enhanced again?

I mainly want to make really good all around hunting bows to sell, but I'm not sure what the best way is to do that.

I am currently working on my arms lore and it is in the 80's, should I wait until I GM before crafting anything?

Eleven years and this is my first Bowcraft/Fletcher.......Go Figure.

:loser:

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
let me help.
first question.. the best wood type is up to the archer that uses the bow..
for me, its SSI first on heavy hitting bows, i probably wouldn't even consider using a crossbow or heavy crossbow with less then 25 ssi.. thats if its got very nice other mods.
35 SSI is the min on bows i use..

so for me, i craft with ASH since SSI is a very low mod on runics.

second question.. that answer is no :(
unless your making recipe bows, and that is question 5

third question.. the only one to craft with is heartwood.... guess that is it.
anything lower and your back to question number 5..

fourth question.. you gotta play around with it to see what works.. i basically enhance everything with ash cause of question number one.. :)

also enhancing bows usually results in a failure :(
but its worth it..

fifth question.. the main one, the reason your a bowcrafter :)
peerless bows net you from about 1m to about 1.5m in sales.. if you get the ingredients from a warrior char you can make alot of gold making these items..

also.. the lesser recipe bows, the ones that you make with gems, can be made exceptional and with a runic kit.. these bows i craft with my runics that are lower then heartwood..

you can make some really nice balanced magic shortbows using the lightweight recipe and a yew or ash kit with ash wood of course for SSI :)

these sell very well..

sixth question.. no :( once you make a bow with any type of wood other then plain wood it cannot be enhanced.. and dont craft with plain wood to try to enhance later cause it will break most of the time.

dont waste any runic kits with less then 100 arms lore..

also, the bows i use for my archer i didnt craft, i enhanced.

basically the only plain bows/crossbows people buy are either enhanced super loot, or made with runic heartwood kits. 4 mods, 30+ ssi, 40 di.

the recipe bows are what you want to make and they sell well.