• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help a confussed newbie

O

Oglin

Hi all,
I have just reactivated my account after a gap of 9 years and have, already, reached a couple of dead ends someone might be able to help me with.

1. I had started a Miner/Blacksmith and I'm now actively playing this character which is slow/hard work. I have read about a recycling bag which will make my life a lot easier/quicker. Where can I buy one?

2. I have enough money to place a small house and would like to put a forge and anvil in it but I can't find out where to purchase these from either.

I'm sure I'll have more questions but these two are really bugging me at the moment.

Thanks

Oglin

R

RichDC

Welcome back.

You can Buy a recycling bag from any provisioners for roughly 3k and i believe a carpenter is who you would have to see for a forge and anvil (altho im not positive)

What shard do you play? im sure i can hook you up with both if you cannot find them as long as your on Great Lakes

O

Oglin

Thanks for the kind offer of help Rich, appreciated. Unfortunately I'm playing on the Europa Shard so can't hook up.

Anyone playing on Europa fancy showing an old dog new tricks?

R

RichDC

If you have a rune to delucia head to the smiths shop, inside the room just to the left there is a provisioner he will sell you the recycle bag.
i have just checked and unless you are lucky enough to get an anvil from a BOD they have to be crafted the same with forges altho you cant recieve those as a reward.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Read the guides that are stickied for some hints. The New Player's Guide to Blacksmithing, the Mining FAQ, Skill gain guides and Crafter Help guides theads should all be worth reading.

It's even possible to go without a forge, if you own a fire beetle (though you have to be dismounted, with you and the fire beetle next to an anvil).