• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello? Is anybody home? Communication concerns and more

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Roger, where do you get the words 'We' from? My great aunt used to say..."What you got a frog in your pocket?"

I pay $9.99 for a game. And I totally adore playing the game and am thrilled each and every time we get something new.

I'm also very satisfied with the way the devs and Parizad have handled themselves.

I'm very confident in the future of EALand and I'm happy with it.

G

I'm going to try to make this a short and informative as I can.
If EA wants to compete in this specific market then they probably need to take into consideration how other companies with games in this market are interacting with their client base.
I took a look myself, as I know many others have and will do, and was very impressed with what Second Life is doing on their main site.
<ul> Their information was all posted on their own site , I did not have to go look through a series of sites to find the information, and I definitely did not have to go to a site that was not even theirs to find the information.

The information was on their main page , it was not hiding in the many links to choose from where there could be several close choices.

If was very informative , whether it was all understood or not it was all provided, and they updated the information regularily. I did not see post from unhappy clients begging to be more informed. [/list]
What I am trying to say is, yes your are not Second Life, but if you want to compete in the market and you want your clients to feel like they are important to your company then you might want to consider what it will take to make them feel that way

G

<blockquote><hr>

Roger, where do you get the words 'We' from? My great aunt used to say..."What you got a frog in your pocket?"

I pay $9.99 for a game. And I totally adore playing the game and am thrilled each and every time we get something new.

I'm also very satisfied with the way the devs and Parizad have handled themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

x

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Of course they're hiding and non-communicative. I'd be hiding and ducking also if I were hosing my customers.

We're paying to play a game that isn't even deserving to be in beta yet. EA Land is the most unstable and bug ridden online game I've ever paid for. For heavens sake, TSO in beta was in better shape than this.

In it's current developmental state there is no reason anyone should have to be paying money for EA-Land, but they are, and it tends to annoy people to pay for a product or service that doesn't come anywhere close to meeting their expectations of value. They tend to feel cheated. Comprende EA? Cheated. People who feel they are being cheated sometimes say nasty things on their way out the door. Personally I wouldn't, I'd just leave, but I can understand why they want to vent.

Hey EA, you're game isn't even beta worthy and you have the gall to be charging us for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's post like these that don't have a purpose.
It's post like these that would make the devs want to stop communicating with us.

Why can't we all just be happy and positive?
Our game is still alive!
Isn't that what we want?

It's a little buggy right now but I have no doubt that they are fixing these bugs. This game has a lot to offer and even more if the future. It's different than most online games. We just need to support them!

I understand that people have opinions and they have the right to share them. But its how you present your opinion that matters the most. Complaining and being rude is not the way to go. I would just state the fact of my concern in a polite fashion, even if its a negative concern.

Positivity and politeness will get you a long way in the world

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

x

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackiee, YOUR great aunt said that TOO? This leads me to a scary thought...what if you have the SAME great aunt?

G

I've given the selling back of "simoleons" serious thought. At first i was thinking "What are they thinking" people will make more money then they are putting into the game. But then I thought about Custom Content and where EA believes it will take them. it will take "Simoleons" to buy this content or RL money. But I see where they are headed. The thought i believe they have considered is that people may be more willing to put money into the game to buy all the cool new stuff. That more money may come into that game for this purpose than go out. There may be other things that they believe will bring in more money than is going out, I'm not sure what they are but just thinking of how much could come in with the right custom content is one area that has made me think twice about the decision they have made to buy back game money.
Just my two cents on the issue of buying back

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Of course they're hiding and non-communicative. I'd be hiding and ducking also if I were hosing my customers.

We're paying to play a game that isn't even deserving to be in beta yet. EA Land is the most unstable and bug ridden online game I've ever paid for. For heavens sake, TSO in beta was in better shape than this.

In it's current developmental state there is no reason anyone should have to be paying money for EA-Land, but they are, and it tends to annoy people to pay for a product or service that doesn't come anywhere close to meeting their expectations of value. They tend to feel cheated. Comprende EA? Cheated. People who feel they are being cheated sometimes say nasty things on their way out the door. Personally I wouldn't, I'd just leave, but I can understand why they want to vent.

Hey EA, you're game isn't even beta worthy and you have the gall to be charging us for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You opt to pay.

I don't understand how you are being cheated if you are going into it with eyes wide open.

Your entire post just makes you look like a sucker.

If I felt that way, I certainly would not allow them to charge my credit card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit jumping to conclusions. I'm hanging around to turn my mountain of rares into whatever we call simoleans now, and then into cash. After that you can color me gone

My post was more oriented to how I understand the frustration and anger of our fellow players. We're being cheated and hosed, but I'm not whining about it. I'm only here for the money at the end of the road.

Have a nice day.

R

Rach

Wow.

To me this topic is complex and tricky.

I fully believe the EA staff has made a large improvement in being communicative in the past year. However it comes with many double-edged swords.

So many people want communication about everything, but want new in-game events and changes made in-game. The problem is, they will never be able to do all that you want all of time. It's completely unrealistic. And whatever they give you more of... they are giving you less of something else.

Take a look at other online games... EAland in my opinion, has the most vocal, readily available staff out of any game i've ever played... which is a lot.

I just look at it as, people need to not expect so much personally from the devs. They do let you know the important things you NEED to know. And then some. Ealand is not affiliated with Stratics.. so in my opinion everybody is lucky to get what they do get here.

Ealand staff has to take the good with the bad when opening theirselves up to personal communication. Yes a lot of people have legit concerns and requests... but that also opens the door for the "gimme gimme" people... or all the middle-aged women dreaming and throwing their pixelated panties at Lee, or those that think they deserve special treatment for being an original member. I think Parizad would have to serve some of you appetizers off her ass while updating the blog, being in town hall, and posting on stratics at the same time for some of you to be like "o... she's communicative".

Basically, the staff gives us what we need to know and then some. Deal with that... isn't that what they have always done? If it is such a problem how come some of you have stuck with the game for 5+ years? It's a broken record. Their job is to provide a game, they do that. But they also do a hell of a lot more. Some of you will never be happy. So... good luck with that.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Have ya' been to the blog site?

http://www.ea-land.ea.com/blog/?cat=3

There are links on the bog to both the new EAland site and the wikki. I encourage all the new folks to check out these sites. I'm an internet 'non-savy' person but even I was able to create a couple of decent wiki pages using their instructions.

The wikki is still a good place to present ideas and suggestions to the dev team. They actually want our input into how to build our community up. It's encouraged for everyone to get involved with their suggestions.

To me, it's amazing how far the game has come in less than a year.

We as players and contributors to the building of our game need to start learning to use the wikki on a regular basis and not just expecting the devs to be coming through these threads looking for suggestions and comments about problems.

(Roger....you are hanging out for what? Have ya ever thought that it might cost you more to 'hang out' then you may or may not get from your rares? LOL ok whatever....it's kinda like the hillybilly paying $110 per month at the local 'u-store' it place for furniture with about $50 at most at a yard sale even.)

G

I have to make an addition here..
Stratics is not an official EA company owned site. While I applaud the effort EA has made to up there communication by placing one of their own to post information on the top fan based site. I still believe the choice in where they should post has been misplaced and is draining the energy of their resources. EA has two sites that are officially their own. They have no obligation whatsoever to post on a site that is not their own, in this I applaud their efforts.
But when it comes to using their own blog and site there is a definite lack of communication and effort. I believe that their energies would best be used in taking the time to make posts on their own blog as informative as they can. I believe in posting all the information they can on their own sites and focusing on how much information they can gather to posts would best be a better use of time then reading through thousands of posts on a fan site and still trying to have enough time and energy to provide the information the clients want.
I have seen other sites and compared as most of us have and to be real as a company who wishes to compete in such an industry should also be doing. Providing clients with information is not a real difficult issue, although i would guess still a difficult job, if it is done the right way.

G

Yes I have been to their site. IT's nice but as for outages and tech issues I still have yet to see them be as informative as their competitors have been. Yes they have been working hard and I am not saying they have not been. What I am saying is that maybe they need to reconsider where they are putting their efforts at. I see them placing information here and getting frustrated. The person is spending a lotttt of time reading through the posts and trying to keep up. But Im just saying that maybe the efforts could be more focused in just gathering as much info as they can and just posting straight to their own site, instead of being reactive being more proactive. Instead of putting sooo much effort into a fan site to put more effort into their own.
I'm not being ungrateful, I'm just a fan who would like to see a company succeed in reputation and competition.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You opt to pay.

I don't understand how you are being cheated if you are going into it with eyes wide open.

Your entire post just makes you look like a sucker.

If I felt that way, I certainly would not allow them to charge my credit card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit jumping to conclusions. I'm hanging around to turn my mountain of rares into whatever we call simoleans now, and then into cash. After that you can color me gone

My post was more oriented to how I understand the frustration and anger of our fellow players. We're being cheated and hosed, but I'm not whining about it. I'm only here for the money at the end of the road.

Have a nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats cool too, but then you aren't getting hosed, b/c in the end you believe you will hit the pay off.

I'm glad your motivation will end in profit.
So since that is your only goal for the game you are not being cheated.

And there was no conclusion jumping in my post.

Although you hopped to a few yourself

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't answer a question, therefore they are hiding. Is jumping to a conclusion.

You talk about people feeling cheated, and then go on to say

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I said its an option.

Last time I checked, there was no gun to any of our heads.

We all pay for the game for whatever reasons.

Fun
Sentimentality.
Ambition
Greed.

or simply the ability to be able to say "I PAY FOR THIS GAME"
And expect a parade thrown in our honor.

I don't think EA reads every thread on this forum.
They are under no obligation actually.
Their only obligation is to communicate via blog. Which they do.

Coming here and posting is a service to their community as this is the largest fan site for their community.

It may benefit them on some scale. But its still an extra service.

And probably a huge P.I.T.A.

I

imported_julilyn

I don't think there is any problem at all with the development team communicating with the community, I think its something extra that they do and isn't required of them and shouldn't even be expected .

I would rather see them spending thier time and energy ON the game then POSTING about the game on stratics.

ALL the Devs are hard at work and are putting in long days. It was not my intention to single out that JUST lee was working hard. As I mentioned before, I was rushing off to work and didn't have time to dig up info on everyone, so ll I did was look at lee on Stratics and saw over 100 posts. thats it.

I am not getting into any petty arguements. the info is there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I read all these posts pointing out that they're working on the game - good, I'm glad - but, we the players are a major component of the game also, and could use a little periodic maintenance too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the level of communication that some players require brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'high maintenance'

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

you can not honestly sit there and say they are not communicating with us and if you honestly DO believe that, well then you may have other issues that perhaps playing a game isn't going to address.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF YOU DON'T SEE A COMMUNICATION PROBLEM THEN MYOB! DON'T INSULT OTHER PLAYERS, IT LOOKS BAD ON YOUR PERSONALITY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you never heard of the word 'debate'. What's with the 'if you don't agree with the OP then stfu' mentality? Does *that* not look bad on the personality, too? This isn't usual behavior from you so maybe you're just having an off day but........wtf

G

I have thought about this and changed my opinion.

I think we should get text message updates perhaps hourly if possible but every other hour will work as well, a message sent to my AIM would be handy since I tend to check AIM quite often, and perhaps, if feasible, a phone call to my landline and/or (pref. and) a fax.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have thought about this and changed my opinion.

I think we should get text message updates perhaps hourly if possible but every other hour will work as well, a message sent to my AIM would be handy since I tend to check AIM quite often, and perhaps, if feasible, a phone call to my landline and/or (pref. and) a fax.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted carrier pigeon.
I find it to be classier.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Does Second Life buy back lindens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes they do, 10k LindenDollars = around 35 USDollars

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

you can not honestly sit there and say they are not communicating with us and if you honestly DO believe that, well then you may have other issues that perhaps playing a game isn't going to address.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF YOU DON'T SEE A COMMUNICATION PROBLEM THEN MYOB! DON'T INSULT OTHER PLAYERS, IT LOOKS BAD ON YOUR PERSONALITY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you never heard of the word 'debate'. What's with the 'if you don't agree with the OP then stfu' mentality? Does *that* not look bad on the personality, too? This isn't usual behavior from you so maybe you're just having an off day but........wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but telling me I have issues because of my opinion isn't debating.

G

I have many thoughts on the responses in this thread, but if I were to put them out here at this point in time, I am certain my post would be removed.

No where did I mention I feel we need our hands held, and I consider all of you who've implied it to be jumping to conclusions. I bet you didn't bother reading past the subject line in my original post.

I've been here for a very long time. I appreciate the communication we've had this past year, but recently the lines of communication have ceased to exist in many ways. Having lived through the many years of nothing, it worries me that we are headed back in the same direction and I posted my concerns. When they do an update and don't bother mentioning it, not only here, but anywhere, and yes I looked on the blog too, it concerns me greatly, for I have seen what the total lack of communication has done for this game in the past. Most of you going on about how wonderful it is now left the game, came back recently and think it's all great. Well I want to keep it going in the right direction, don't you? I don't know if all of you need post counts or what your reasons are for jumping all over a thread of concerned players, but go for it if you feel you must.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but telling me I have issues because of my opinion isn't debating.

[/ QUOTE ]

But neither is telling them if they don't see a commumnication problem then they should not express that opinion, or they should 'mind their own business'. Debating involves both sides of the argument stating what they believe and why and nobody should have to 'mind their own business' in a forum that is designed for debate.....that was my point.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have many thoughts on the responses in this thread, but if I were to put them out here at this point in time, I am certain my post would be removed.

No where did I mention I feel we need our hands held, and I consider all of you who've implied it to be jumping to conclusions. I bet you didn't bother reading past the subject line in my original post.

I've been here for a very long time. I appreciate the communication we've had this past year, but recently the lines of communication have ceased to exist in many ways. Having lived through the many years of nothing, it worries me that we are headed back in the same direction and I posted my concerns. When they do an update and don't bother mentioning it, not only here, but anywhere, and yes I looked on the blog too, it concerns me greatly, for I have seen what the total lack of communication has done for this game in the past. Most of you going on about how wonderful it is now left the game, came back recently and think it's all great. Well I want to keep it going in the right direction, don't you? I don't know if all of you need post counts or what your reasons are for jumping all over a thread of concerned players, but go for it if you feel you must.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure *what* the update yesterday was, the only change I've been able to find is that my premium account now keeps bouncing back from saying visitor and premium even though I'm not blocked from any lots in EA Land. In the past though when the changes have all been 'back-end/unnoteworthy' changes, there were those that criticized them for even posting version notes because they said the version notes 'didn't really SAY anything'. Point being, they can't win for losing sometimes. No matter what they do, they are going to get criticized for it by at least 1 or more people here on the boards.....that's a mathematical certainty, and that trend bothers me.

If we don't want to see things go back to how they were, then it seems to me that taking extra care to avoid criticism would be the way to go about that, going instead with positive re-enforcement or just not saying much of anything at all if you (general you) can't find anything good to say. Jumping all over them because they fail to post one set of version notes for an update that there really *was* no discernable changes seems to be directly counterproductive to keeping those lines of communication open, IMO.

G

NOIP
What I see is an enormous amount of misunderstanding from posters on both sides of the issue.
Whether, it's 'skimming', or 'skipping', or just letting their own opinion color their undestanding of what was said - many of us are just plain NOT getting the point of someone else's post.
It is absolutely pointless to try to discuss a subject like this, because there are too few people who take the time to read and understand what is being said.
This is the legacy of Stratics - "Argument Central" - "If I CAN get it wrong, I WILL get it wrong!"
"How dare you have a different opinion from mine! You [insert egregious/ sarcastic/ snarky/insult here]!!!
"Well, MY opinion is FACT - and YOUR'S is garbage!!!!"
"I CARE about the game, you DON'T!!!" "NO! *I* care about the game, YOU don't!!!" "UH UH!!!" "UH HUH!!!"
"Everything SUX!!!"
"Everything's AWESOME!!!"
"The game is dying!"
"The game will live forever!!"
"The devs HATE us!"
"The devs LOVE us!"
"You're STUPID!"
"You're UGLY"
"You're a CHEATER!!"

Gawd, I'm sick of it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Gawd, I'm sick of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so am I, it's why I seldom log in to these boards anymore

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Stranger yet - You keep agreeing to pay for it. This doesn't give your argument much credence.

Nobody is being forced to pay for something they don't want to.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes I have been to their site. IT's nice but as for outages and tech issues I still have yet to see them be as informative as their competitors have been. Yes they have been working hard and I am not saying they have not been. What I am saying is that maybe they need to reconsider where they are putting their efforts at. I see them placing information here and getting frustrated. The person is spending a lotttt of time reading through the posts and trying to keep up. But Im just saying that maybe the efforts could be more focused in just gathering as much info as they can and just posting straight to their own site, instead of being reactive being more proactive. Instead of putting sooo much effort into a fan site to put more effort into their own.
I'm not being ungrateful, I'm just a fan who would like to see a company succeed in reputation and competition.

[/ QUOTE ]Just to put things into perspective: The games you are using for comparison have large staffs of people dedicated to development and to communication - staff that can easily number into the hundreds of people.

EA-Land is a game on probation. It has a staff of 18 people. EA is not likely to dedicate any more money or resources into the game until it proves it can stand on its own and be profitable.

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
What I see is an enormous amount of misunderstanding from posters on both sides of the issue.
Whether, it's 'skimming', or 'skipping', or just letting their own opinion color their undestanding of what was said - many of us are just plain NOT getting the point of someone else's post.
It is absolutely pointless to try to discuss a subject like this, because there are too few people who take the time to read and understand what is being said.
This is the legacy of Stratics - "Argument Central" - "If I CAN get it wrong, I WILL get it wrong!"
"How dare you have a different opinion from mine! You [insert egregious/ sarcastic/ snarky/insult here]!!!
"Well, MY opinion is FACT - and YOUR'S is garbage!!!!"
"I CARE about the game, you DON'T!!!" "NO! *I* care about the game, YOU don't!!!" "UH UH!!!" "UH HUH!!!"
"Everything SUX!!!"
"Everything's AWESOME!!!"
"The game is dying!"
"The game will live forever!!"
"The devs HATE us!"
"The devs LOVE us!"
"You're STUPID!"
"You're UGLY"
"You're a CHEATER!!"

Gawd, I'm sick of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not one single poster here, even including the mods, that has never been guilty of that. Not.....one.....single......person. But that's the nature of a forum that is centered around debate. Tempers flare, emotions run high, some people wear their hearts on their sleeve, some have the tact of 'Al Bundy' and don't give a hang who they hurt when they say something. When I get sick of it I just simply take a break from the boards for a few days, like CG mentioned. The problem is that not enough people realize when it's time to do that and post things in the heat of anger or outrage that really they shouldn't, and then if it's directed at a particular person that person doesn't stop and count to 10 or 20 before they reply and they feel justified in lashing back because 'they started it'. Ripple effect and soon we have what we have now when in reality two wrongs never make a right.

G

I'm not going to involve myself in this conversation very much.

It's just silly.

What Katheryne posted is good, read her lips:

<blockquote><hr>

Just to put things into perspective: The games you are using for comparison have large staffs of people dedicated to development and to communication - staff that can easily number into the hundreds of people.

EA-Land is a game on probation. It has a staff of 18 people. EA is not likely to dedicate any more money or resources into the game until it proves it can stand on its own and be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like the game, and don't want to support it, stop playing it.
I'm sure there will be plenty of people left who want to support the game and see it live on, and see it evolve.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

First and foremost, players are responsible for themselves and their own happiness.

If players are finding themselves more and more frustrated with things on the game, maybe they need to think about taking a little break?

Watch a little tv for a few nights, play a ps2 game with your kids, walk the dog, read a good book? Anything just to let EAland frustrations lower a bit before folks get boiling mad and start slamming everyone regardless of how hard they work or try to make the best of it?

Players really need to stop playing the blame game. I hope everyone is aware that EAland is still a work in progress.

$9.99 a month? That's a lot less than some of the other online games cost but players need to determine if they want to pay for the game or not. And if not, there are 'free' accounts they can avail themselves of until they determine the game is worth paying for.

Are there bugs to get worked out on the game? Yes.

Are they being worked on? Yes.
If a player is red hot with frustration should they continue to play or maybe should they take a break for a week and come back refreshed? That question can only be answered by individuals.

But the devs are truly working hard to make this game work and sometimes it would be nice to see the 'constanly complaining' crowd recognize that.

How would we feel if we were working at 110%, giving it our all and our bosses just came out and ignored the effort and yelled at us non stop and requesting us redundant and repetitive questions that have been asked over and over already.

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

Are you kidding me?
There has been 100 times MORE communication put out in the last year by the whole team, then we have ever had before. Parizad relocated and Lee has been talking people thru things like log in issued on yim for Gods sake.!

The game has needed and is being given a HUGE amount of work lately. many changes have already happened and many more are in the works, check out the Dev blogs, those people have been working ungodly hours and then going home and working even more.

Not only are they having to keep up with the regular day to day grind, they are basically developing a whole new game around us AND still having to drop that to deal with scammers and cheaters and emergencies.

Personally, I would much rather have them focused on the game then running to Stratics or blogging about it just to hold hands and smoothe feathers every time the game hic-cups . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt have said it better myself...with amnesty and everything going on theres a reason why things have been a lil slow on the communication side lately...but hell didnt we just get an update yesterday AND a message from parizad? I think we should grade them more on how consistent updates and changes are rather then how many times weve talked to them about their day and how it went

well said

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Yep yep!

And members need to remember that even though they may not have had merge problems, I can only imagine that Lee and a few of the other devs are still working out little individual 'quirks' or 'bugs' for individual players along with the entire team trying to get the next phases and updates ready to go live for testing. And then there is the business aspect. They've gotta probably keep communications going with their TPTB to keep the development of EAland continuing.

Also, as the population grows, it's going to be more and more difficult for the devs to work if they are having to constantly respond here to every general question, complaint or suggestion.

Let them do their work, if someone sees a problem or possible problem...report it. And avail ourselves of the materials provided for us through the blogs, websites and Parizad.

We as a community need to start weaning ourselves off the constant barraging of the devs and develop a habit of using the provided channels for communicating with the devs.

The only thing I can see happening if the complaining continues is just having the door shut in our faces. We have had access to our devs like no other game online. I don't wish to see that end. So be careful what you guys wish for or nag about.

P

Paula778

I think the communication is OUT THERE ... maybe a little too much...

Players just take it too personal (Did we upset them by complaining too much? how must THEY feel?).. lol

The devs made their own bed, they exposed themselves too a huge gaming crowd. In my opinion they should have handled it more professional from the beginning.
Post updates, information, take the bug reports but not more.

Coming in game, was maybe a good idea on paper but they should have seen verbal attacks coming!
In the very beginning of City Hall I found them arrogant and I couldn't understand why they all the sudden feel the need to communicate after years of absence.. I've grown now lol....

The players only see the outcome. And that is their right as a kinda customer!
If my bank messed up a transaction I go there and complain. Trying to defend the devs seems to me like the admirer of the bank clerk would tell me that she had a VERY hard DAY. She's working long, you'll have to understand!

Working hard and long, well you have to be there... On my floor everyone is always stressed out but somehow they always get to manage to have their coffee, chatting a lil here and there, calling home to see what's up cuz they have to work long again....

For me, I appreciate the information about updates.. I don't need devs in game though.

The constant defending and trying to pls pls get a personal respond in threads seems so needy! This is not 1995 and their not Backstreet Boys haha!
I don't like how most act like they know them personally, as they were sitting at the desk next to them...

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

This is not 1995 and their not Backstreet Boys haha!

[/ QUOTE ]

*Feels lip begin to form a great big frowny pout*

GASPS!!!! *&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Not the Backstreet Boys!!!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;*

I've never felt so crushed and dis-illusioned! *Falls to the ground weeping*

And what's worse, I'm not 35 anymore either? OMG!!!! (LMAO Love ya Paula!)

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Stranger yet - You keep agreeing to pay for it. This doesn't give your argument much credence.

[/ QUOTE ]

And even stranger yet, a mod who can't be bothered to read my next post on the same page before tossing around insults. Namely:

"Quit jumping to conclusions. I'm hanging around to turn my mountain of rares into whatever we call simoleans now, and then into cash. After that you can color me gone

Have a nice day."

Try reading the thread before going into attack mode mod.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Not for you Roger...but a comment in general to those who may be saying..."why aren't they responding to my post."

If you have something to say to the Devs that you actually want them to notice, why don't you pm it to them instead of just leaving Easter Eggs hiding for them to find?

First off, I can sit here and type a response and by the time I hit continue, sever other posts could have already been made...making my post look goofy.

But really, I'd much rather have the Devs fixing and creating than sitting here reading your posts. LMAO

And I love the way you are 'hedging' your bet that you actually have something that someone is gonna wanna buy later on. What makes you think many of us are sitting on the same items and are ready and willing to drive your prices down?

I am advocating no buy backs and maybe I'll have to start a movement amongst the concerned players to force the devs to reconsider buying back simo-whatevers.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Ok....a graphic that may shed some light on this discussion....

Guess who is the Dev!

P

Paula778

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And even stranger yet, a mod who can't be bothered to read my next post on the same page before tossing around insults. Namely:

"Quit jumping to conclusions. I'm hanging around to turn my mountain of rares into whatever we call simoleans now, and then into cash. After that you can color me gone

Have a nice day."

[/ QUOTE ]

I also find mods should get their mouth washed out with soap sometimes.
I felt like commenting on the 'sucker' remark yesterday but thought I rather not. Didn't last long...

Guests snapping is one thing, they get led back on the right path (Pls follow the rules: Show respect at all times!)

It looks bad for the site if their own mods can't follow the RoC, not to mention how it reflects on themselves!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Guess who is the Dev!

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is the one holding the camera. Is that the marketing team inspecting the new server park?

I

imported_Mavric

SECOND General warning to the thread.

The subject of this thread is:
"I can understand the devs and Parizad getting upset when they try to keep us updated and some people have the nerve to expect more information than "no ETA" and get quite rude about it, but.... those are very few here. I feel it's unfair for the rest of the community to be punished just because a few people got rude in their comments when the game was down for many, many hours, and they tried to demand more information. Yet that is exactly what this is feeling like to me, a few got rude, got nasty with their comments, so now none of us get any information at all.

We are walking on a thin rope here, so many are unhappy with the way things are going. Don't desert us now. Keep us informed and keep the lines of communication open, it's our only hope for this games survival. This community can be so much more understanding IF we know what is going on rather than all the rumors flying around and the conclusions so many jump to.

Get involved in our discussions here. Let us know what you think. Let us know where you are headed with things. Give us some idea of what is coming next. I know many are wondering when amnesty will take place, I hope you are realizing that it will be a deciding factor for many whether they stay or go. And in all honesty, I really really hope we have something in the game that is actually fun to do, BEFORE it happens, or I look for there to be a very large exodus.

Most of us play this game to have fun, and there is just too little fun to be had now. It's too hard to earn money, and too expensive to build. Prices are outrageous on way too many things. Jobs are still just as boring as they were a year ago, but the pay is much less. Skilling still takes way too long, and those tiny bits of increased speed, when Luc feels like "feeling the love" as he visits skill houses, isn't enough. We need new things to do, and no amount of custom content will give us that, at least not any time soon. Where are the objects we were promised from the offline expansion packs? Sure some of us can add them as decorative things but what good is that? Bring them on, let us have some fun, and let us earn a decent wage, including working from our homes if that is our choice.

I think the biggest mistake you are making is trying to do cash out. This game could have it all IF you don't try to pay people back. There are other ways for players to cash out, EA doesn't need to be the ones buying. Does Second Life buy back lindens? I know IMVU doesn't buy back credits. I really think you guys need to rethink the whole concept.

Players of EA Land could choose to actually earn a decent wage working or buying simoleans, same as they have always done. With custom content and EA actually adding new things to the game, it would be wonderful. It was the lack of updates that killed this game, it wasn't making $655 per story. I understand you are giving us the tools to provide updates for the game in the future, but we need fun things now. And I still think, even with custom content, EA should continue to add new fun things for us too. Give us interactions, new job tracks, those offline objects, like the fishing pier, heck maybe that could be a new job, we could be fishersims or something.

For extra revenue, EA should sell fruit. That would keep the price of fruit in EA's control. I'm sure they could auto ripen trees on a special EA lot if they chose to.

Sorry for the long winded post. I keep wishing I could sit down and actually discuss my thoughts on it all with a dev but of course that won't happen, so here it is, for all to pick apart. Go for it if you must. Add your thoughts, these are just mine."

Let's keep this discussion on track without taking it to personal attacks and screaming at each other.

Mavric
EAL/TSO Stratics Forum Moderator

I

imported_TraciRK

I agree with everything you stated and thank you for stating it much more eloquently than I could. I love the robot job and my friends in the game so am not on the I'm going to quit kick but would love to have more ways to make money and have some fun. I would also like to see some of the celebrity jobs like actor, singer and model...how much fun would those be? Or even pet jobs where we could follow our pets to work lol. On my Blackberry at the hospital right now, so not sure how things are going in the game but enjoyed your post and wanted to thank you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

We're paying to play a game that isn't even deserving to be in beta yet. EALand is the most unstable and bug ridden online game I've ever paid for. For heavens sake, TSO in beta was in better shape than this.

In it's current developmental state there is no reason anyone should have to be paying money for EA-Land, but they are, and it tends to annoy people to pay for a product or service that doesn't come anywhere close to meeting their expectations of value. They tend to feel c heated. Comprende EA? Cheated. People who feel they are being cheated sometimes say nasty things on their way out the door. Personally I wouldn't, I'd just leave, but I can understand why they want to vent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a nice day."

[/ QUOTE ]

I also find mods should get their mouth washed out with soap sometimes.
I felt like commenting on the 'sucker' remark yesterday but thought I rather not. Didn't last long...

Guests snapping is one thing, they get led back on the right path (Pls follow the rules: Show respect at all times!)

It looks bad for the site if their own mods can't follow the RoC, not to mention how it reflects on themselves!

[/ QUOTE ]

*Is not a mod* Msg Mike Rizzo w/ any issues on how I conduct myself in regards to the RoC... kthnx

<u>NOIP</u>
The bottom line for this thread really is that some players feel that there is not enough communication.

But there is proof that there is plenty of communication. There are posts to back up that communication. A new forum dedicated to that communication so the Devs and the posters do not have to scroll through pages of mumbo jumbo to find information.

There is a blog... that is updated constantly with news.

There are random posts here made by EA employees giving information.

And, if you happen to see one of the team in the game they will stop to help. I've witnessed this on occasion.

So there is communication. Some may feel that the level of communication leaves something to be desired. I do not feel that way based on the examples I listed above.

I feel that the communication is good. I like when the team banters with the players. I'm sorry that a sense of humor offends people here.

If this was my doctor curing my cancer, I could probably do without jokes and fun.
However this is an employee for a "game" that I play.

When I think of the word game... I think of fun. Enjoyment... that sort of stuff.

I would not want someone to be so clinically boring when talking about something I want to enjoy.

And, I also find it incredibly hilarious that people act like this game is their life. I love to game. I play several. But srslytake a step back, breathe deep count to 10 and chillax. It aint that serious.

Give your complaints constructively and not like a bunch of five year olds demanding a toy and you might find you are heard.

I have this lady in my office, the sound of her voice and her trashy new yawk accent makes my skin crawl, everything she says is at some loud tone which makes it all the more disgusting.

I assure you... 96% of the time (no matter how loud she is) I don't hear what she says... its my brains self defense to tune her out.

I hope thats the case with the employees who work on this game and how they deal with some of you.

You opt to be here... by paying your bill each month. They have to be here b/c they need to pay their bills. You are just their job. So next time you have a crappy day at work ... and some idiot is making it worse think to yourself in regards to EA "wow I'm that idiot, maybe I can get my desired results with a different approach"

I doubt anyone will... they'll just be all "OMGZ the Stratics staff girl just said IDIOT"

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Guess who is the Dev!

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is the one holding the camera. Is that the marketing team inspecting the new server park?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO that's a good one.

Thanks. Being as this is probably one of my very last posts on Stratics, thanks for making me laugh!

I'll be keeping all my comments and suggestion to the EA provided sites from now on and good luck to these people turning what once was a nice community of sim lovers into a WoW bashfest.

I hope the enjoy themselves and what they are costing this community. So long.

P

Paula778

OFF TOPIC

oh noo, where are you goin ? lol pls leave a leaver thread too lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Guess who is the Dev!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO that's a good one.

Thanks. Being as this is probably one of my very last posts on Stratics, thanks for making me laugh!

I'll be keeping all my comments and suggestion to the EA provided sites from now on and good luck to these people turning what once was a nice community of sim lovers into a WoW bashfest.

I hope the enjoy themselves and what they are costing this community. So long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck Dutch! I like you. I'll miss your posts and spins on things. Even when we did disagree.

But maybe I'll stalk you in game so you can end up iggying me and being all "wtf"

Personally if I was you I would not leave. You have been a very prominent voice here with a lot of optimism and good ideas... through this whole EA-Land Transition.

R

Rachael2008

One thing on communication I think would be helpful is more info in game -even something as simple as occasional postings telling people how to find the blog though I would think that it should be more than that. I was amazed that they closed the production cities down without so much as an in game message.

W

Whitilicious 07'

YAY Julilyn ! I agree 100% I don't believe it's in thier job discription to hold our hands through the problems , they don't even have to post what's going on , all they have to do is shutdown and repair. And i bet that get sick of hearing all the complaining when they are working OVERTIME to fix a GAME . Just to make everyone happy .

I

imported_julilyn

nice example here

This was after hours. This Dev was at home for the evening.

I think these guys put in way too many hours.