• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello from the past

A

Ashe

Hello,

I'm not sure if any one from the old days still posts here to remember me but I used to post prolifically on stratics around 1999-2001, played Europa with my main character Ashe and two other characters, X gigi X for PvP and Jessica, tamer. few other minor characters of course but those were the main ones.

I am interested in playing UO again even if just briefly. I am under no illusions that it is a different beast to what it used to be, however i grow bored of 3D RPG like World of Warcraft and want to have some fun like in the old days.

At same time I dont want to waste time ;) How busy is the place now? Does anyone actually hang around in felucca? does anyone PvP? Brit bank on trammel still really busy or is it a case of most ships have sailed and only the hardcore few still play now?

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I'm not sure if any one from the old days still posts here to remember me but I used to post prolifically on stratics around 1999-2001, played Europa with my main character Ashe and two other characters, X gigi X for PvP and Jessica, tamer. few other minor characters of course but those were the main ones.

I am interested in playing UO again even if just briefly. I am under no illusions that it is a different beast to what it used to be, however i grow bored of 3D RPG like World of Warcraft and want to have some fun like in the old days.

At same time I dont want to waste time ;) How busy is the place now? Does anyone actually hang around in felucca? does anyone PvP? Brit bank on trammel still really busy or is it a case of most ships have sailed and only the hardcore few still play now?
Hello and welcome back!

Your name does ring a bell.. But don't directly recall you.

UO is still pretty busy, not as many players as back in '01, but there's still quite a few people around. A lot has changed though. On many shards Luna is now the place to be, rather than Brit. Europa is of course awkward, so we still use wbb.
UO is just partially like the old days. After my hiatus it took me about a month to get used to the new things. So don't expect to kick ass in PvP in full GM leather with GM skills right away ;).

If you need any tips or hints, just PM or ICQ me. I can also give you some things to get you back on your feet!

-Kaj

A

Ashe

Would like a guild to hang around with. I have a new account as cant remember my password and the email it is linked to is long gone, so thats a bit sad. right now im a young samarai - i dont know if thats a good choice though.

are tamers still bad? I had one before and they made them quite weak after they were overpowered - is it now fixed?

necromancy finally arrived also huh!

almost got killed by a rat hah.

C

Cueball

I remember you, you are the guy that took pictures of people from the RL picture thread that was here way back and posted them on fugly.com.

Thats you aint it?

A

Ashe

Nope!

I dont even remember there even being a RL Picture thread when I was on stratics before, although just saw one now on the siege perilous forum.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
right now im a young samarai - i dont know if thats a good choice though.

are tamers still bad? I had one before and they made them quite weak after they were overpowered - is it now fixed?
Hail and welcome back Ashe.

I´m not that very familiar with bushido yet but I think it´s pretty nice to have if you´re gonna run a warrior/archer kinda template.

And as for tamers, they are pretty powerful. Right skills and right pet(s) and you can manage most stuff in the game I would say.

Hope U will stay around for a while and enjoy the game...