• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello from a long time PK...

M

Mindz

So what happened to members of TT/$C$?? Anyone still around or did they all head to atlantic.

I know franc and Rick James left to head over to H20 or something.

Hi guys from the game's most feared Anti-PK, Dope Chops.

Along with Yoink, Mindz, The Best, etc.

How's the game been since I left at the launch of ML? Any improvements to pvp or is it still care bear? I wish the stygian site was better organized so I could find out more about this game and compare it to DF as that seems to be the game I will be playing next, although I'd love to come back to UO.

Hi Swampthing if you're still around.

T

Turdnugget

Cartel is now 36DD, their Minax faction guild. The $C$ is still around. Mostly their blues, not many in that guild since most of them are in factions now =)

PvP is meh...it's still fun. There are some obvious cheaters though. But it's not too hard to overcome them. There's usually action from 2 P.M. MST and on... when people are getting out of school and getting off of work.

Right now H20 turned into PvM (their SL faction guild) along with some other people from various guilds (including some Cartel) Their blue guild is PvP. They are allied with CT, a mostly Asian guild who plays early morning due to time zone difference.

Then there is CoM, remnants of WU and wannabe's. They x-sharded here, played awhile... then went back to another shard... and play here every so often.

I wont name names, but there of course is ghost camming going on so typically there's raids on spawns.

Overall PvP is pretty fun on Baja. Sometimes the cheats/hacks get to the point where it's lame, and people go off and do other things because there's no honor in dying or fighting someone who skips around the screen at amazing tile rates and run over stumps/gravestones.

Right now people are complaining about PvP tamers being overpowered due to the event dreadwarhorses (a nightmare on steroids, strength of a dragon, but rideable and does firebreath) But there are only a few on Baja, and can be easily overcome if you know what you're doing and aren't completey stupid.

Most of the fighting is done in Yew, Despise, T2A spawns. Sometimes it's a gank fest, sometimes you get a good fight.

There's been a few large scale battles over the past month over spawns which have been really fun. SI doing a spawn, PvM raiding, then 36DD joins the fight... a 3-way battle insues... people try to claim the spawn, push, retreat, push, retreat...It's fun. Upwards to probably 20+ people fighting each other.

The game is definately heavily item-based though, as i'm sure you're aware of. Faction arties have made PvP a little easier since you can get uber Doom arties for a fraction of the price.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldn't have answered it better myself.

Sup Mindz, long time no see.

B

Biske

We are not affiliated with H20. PvM is a new guild with new leadership that was made well before we went factions. It's just that when faction changes came out we put the entire guild in rather then halfass it and make a new one. In fact PvM personally had the pleasure of throwing the dirt over H20's grave. All of the old H20's have quit the game or fled the shard.

Other then that, I agree on all counts except wu didn't really leave. What they have been doing is playing a little back and forth game where they come here get pounded then go to a random shard to pick up recruits for a few weeks then try to come back. This is the fourth time they've gone off shard to pickup new recruits. This time around it's some guild called scam from sonoma or napa or something.

T

Turdnugget

I meant to say WU never really left, they've got their characters here... but go to other shards to 'try' and take over, or recruit more =)

I only said H20 turned into PvM is because there is a lot of former H20 in PvM/PvP. Not wanting to say you're the same, but that's where a lot of former H20 people have gone to. However, some of those have left PvM and parted ways since the new guild was formed... from what i've seen looking from the outside.

M

Mindz

Good to see some old names. Veral, hit me up on the cartel forums or my old e-mail. I don't rmember if I ever sent you that sig I made for you forever and a day ago.

I

irtehscarry

mindz hah yeah i definately remember you...

i just started up again on saturday...

i used to run with $C$ & TT for quitea while before i quit...

Forsaken Soul
Snow White
Nitrou

were my most used characters... i was also known as Rubber Duckie...

add me to icq 71710286

So what happened to members of TT/$C$?? Anyone still around or did they all head to atlantic.

I know franc and Rick James left to head over to H20 or something.

Hi guys from the game's most feared Anti-PK, Dope Chops.

Along with Yoink, Mindz, The Best, etc.

How's the game been since I left at the launch of ML? Any improvements to pvp or is it still care bear? I wish the stygian site was better organized so I could find out more about this game and compare it to DF as that seems to be the game I will be playing next, although I'd love to come back to UO.

Hi Swampthing if you're still around.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mindz hah yeah i definately remember you...

i just started up again on saturday...

i used to run with $C$ & TT for quitea while before i quit...

Forsaken Soul
Snow White
Nitrou

were my most used characters... i was also known as Rubber Duckie...

add me to icq 71710286
Can't imagine why people are coming back to this game...lol

PM sent.

T

Turdnugget

I remember Forsaken Soul...

Because it's the shizzle even though it sux0rs Ken.

It's hard to find the same kind of playstyle/in depth creative abilities UO has. Only game i've come close to playing that I have enjoyed similar to UO is Lineage II. You can actually kill people there w/out consent.