• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello Everyone!

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Stephen_Mythic

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Gang!

Allow me a moment of your time to introduce myself. My name is Stephen, and I just joined the Ultima Online team a fraction of a second ago, or rather just recently.

I started playing Ultima Online at launch because a close friend of mine convinced me it was like Diablo but with a lot more people to kill, er… I mean play with. Well, I loaded it up and realized it was a whole lot better than I expected. I immediately got hooked. I spent a brief moment on Atlantic initially, then moved over to Baja when it came up. After my few year stint there, I re-rolled on Chesapeake, then when transfers were enabled, I moved over to Atlantic again. I’ve tried to do everything I could in the game. I mined, crafted, adventured, cooked(yes I did this), stole, traded, killed, died, etc… and yet I feel like there is still so much more to do after 11+ years. I still have to work up my begging skill!

I was hired here at Mythic two years ago on the support side of things. In other words, yes, I was a Game Master. I worked my way up to become one of the Lead Supervisory GM’s as well as the GM Trainer. It was an amazing experience over there that I’ll never forget and I’m grateful for having it to see what it’s like on the other side.

Looking back on everything, I would never have thought that my game playing as a teenager would evolve into actually being a part of the production of my favorite MMO. I’ve gone from being a player, to supporting the game I love, to now being part of it’s future. It’s been quite a ride, and I’m looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts! Reminiscing about UO is a hobby of mine that I hope to share with all of you.

Take care!

-Stephen “Kaenji” Worland