• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello Everyone!

Stephen_Mythic

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Gang!

Allow me a moment of your time to introduce myself. My name is Stephen, and I just joined the Ultima Online team a fraction of a second ago, or rather just recently.

I started playing Ultima Online at launch because a close friend of mine convinced me it was like Diablo but with a lot more people to kill, er… I mean play with. Well, I loaded it up and realized it was a whole lot better than I expected. I immediately got hooked. I spent a brief moment on Atlantic initially, then moved over to Baja when it came up. After my few year stint there, I re-rolled on Chesapeake, then when transfers were enabled, I moved over to Atlantic again. I’ve tried to do everything I could in the game. I mined, crafted, adventured, cooked(yes I did this), stole, traded, killed, died, etc… and yet I feel like there is still so much more to do after 11+ years. I still have to work up my begging skill!

I was hired here at Mythic two years ago on the support side of things. In other words, yes, I was a Game Master. I worked my way up to become one of the Lead Supervisory GM’s as well as the GM Trainer. It was an amazing experience over there that I’ll never forget and I’m grateful for having it to see what it’s like on the other side.

Looking back on everything, I would never have thought that my game playing as a teenager would evolve into actually being a part of the production of my favorite MMO. I’ve gone from being a player, to supporting the game I love, to now being part of it’s future. It’s been quite a ride, and I’m looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts! Reminiscing about UO is a hobby of mine that I hope to share with all of you.

Take care!

-Stephen “Kaenji” Worland

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Stephen!

It's good to hear from you. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.
It's always nice to see posts from people who have inside knowledge. I hope to see you on the boards a lot.

BlissMarie

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Stephen,

Why was your post from last week deleted?

Also, what part of the UO team are you working with now?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Vendui'.....

I look forward to hearing more from you.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Welcome!

...and can you get us new underwear in 2d?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Welcome onboard

I started playing Ultima Online at launch because a close friend of mine convinced me it was like Diablo but with a lot more people to kill, er… I mean play with.
And then Siege is not on your list *Shake head*

Salmar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, welcome to the boards. Good to hear another long time player has worked his way up to work on the game. Experience on both sides can only be a good thing.

L

lucksi

I worked my way up to become one of the Lead Supervisory GM’s as well as the GM Trainer.
And what great outstanding results this had. Heckuvajob there Kaenji. Come meet me ingame and I will give you a shiny medal...

...oh right, no such thing as ingame GMs who actually do stuff instead of sending a message linking to the EA knowledge base which has everything but knowledge in it.

S

Sweeney

Ever get the feeling these types of threads are like a conversation where one person says "Hi", then stops talking?

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations Stephen!

It's great having someone who's a player of the game be part of the actual "behind-the-scenes". You know where we're coming from because you've been there. That's a plus for everyone.

Good luck, and once again, great job on making the team. Oh yes, on a side note, may we get Undergarment Dye Tubs with pattern changing abilities? I'd like to get my leopard skin boxer groove going on, and if I'm running through a dungeon in my skinnies, I might as well look good doing it. :D

Yeah, I could've said "balance this and that", but I've been putting in for Undergarment Dye Tubs since forever and a day. That's my shameless plug for this thread. D'OH.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome aboard, Kaenji!

Damn. it. :gun: Xel. *scrubs brain free of leopard skin boxer groove image*

D

Doireann

Hiya Kaenji! *waves and hands him a set of leather armor, all 70s with high dci, and a large shield* You'll need this. You said GM.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Why stop at merely human? *winks*

B

Bc-

Hi!

Supercluster Killi and Devon please, thanks. err wrong forum, so is this where you guys have been hiding?

In that case, create a classic server please, thanks.

D

Dai FHA

It is so nice to meet you, and hear your uo history. I wish you the best of luck.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome aboard, Kaenji!

Damn. it. :gun: Xel. *scrubs brain free of leopard skin boxer groove image*
:lol:

Okay, okay. How about tiger-striped boxer brief groove? Not only can we kill greater dragons in style, but we can do it with sex appeal, too!?!? :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
UOCSE?...

Ultima Online Crime Scene Examiner?

T

Teeshy

Welcome =) Hope we get to see you post again after this thread is lost in the dark corners of stratics =)