• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello everyone, This is the heart I recovered from The White Stag

O

OchoHoltO

:thumbup:

I found it quite interesting...plus I had to turn it in so I have nothing to show for it but this picture:)

Hope I put this in the correct forum:confused:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Cool. Congrats. :)

S

soulstoner

Good integrity turning it in:thumbup1:

--------------
The organized gathering and moving of the players with the 'clues' & story line was very well organized and provided good opportunity for 'mixing & mingling' and gave meaning to the 'event'. That was super-duper.

I'm not a practicing RPer sooooo I personally was taken aback & felt insulted by the PMSish attitude of the Danica Amandine character :eek: And imho it appeared the individuals which were brought forth & singled out in the end were pre-determined - which is fine for pre-conveyed interest in the movement - but to play out that they 'performed better' in healing & leading & team promotion etc. above others was disheartening as others performed as well and were not singled out... so those two things for me left yucky taste.

Awesome job on the whole story line and event layout. Notable improvements were a) the use of Crux Ansata spot on Chat Channel - a great pick up & application noted within the feedback from earlier events; along with b) physically situating the group in order for all to be able to see what was being said by Danica Amadine the PMSish leader (maybe next week she'll be more bearable); and c) the death toll was reasonable as the spawn was balanced with doabaility/challenge of toughness aka appropriate.
--------------

OchoHolto - What is your character's nameone? He/she should be honored for integrity within the RPey scenario :) - truly.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
D'artagnan is an avatar of sacrifice and compassion, indeed! :)

I personally have a lot more fun at EM events when there is a storyline involved. It was great to see the White Hart make a return to Sosarian fiction for the first time in many years. The clues leading to it were a lot of fun to decipher, and the chat channel was helpful to assist others.

I didn't really find Danica moody at all. She is simply worried for her companion and the future of the Order.

Soulstoner, as one of those "singled out" I feel somewhat obligated to speak up for myself. I don't know anything about being pre-determined, however, I can say that I am almost always healing and curing other people at each of these events. I don't do hardly any damage to the beasts as I am often too busy acting as a healer. As such, I will likely never see a "phat EM loot" drop, so actually being recognized as a contributor last night was a pleasant surprise for me. Also, I actively participated in the storyline by offering help with the clues and gating, and role-playing. I am positive that if people keep returning and putting forth their effort, more and more will be recognized each time. Remember, this was just the first in a series of events in this chain.

All in all, I can't wait for the next one, I hope Simeon was saved in time.

T

Tazar

Good integrity turning it in:thumbup1:

OchoHolto - What is your character's nameone? He/she should be honored for integrity within the RPey scenario :) - truly.
With a timer on the object there really wasn't another option. But I agree. Some would hold it back just to be antagonistic.

D

Draken-Korin

Thats the thing about the rp world that confuses me, it boasts story arcs and adventure but the bottom line is they see others as simply characters in a book they are writing. Very little room seems to be afforded to create ones own destiny or actually BE that hero they all seem to write into who the chara they are playing is.

Longgg ago in the city of Moonglow my guild (TWT) was approached by the then "Mayor" and asked if we would like to join in on some rpish battle. We listened to him as we were into dueling and battles in those days. As we learned more we found out we would be gathering with his guild to STAND THERE as a show of strength, whatever that means maybe an rper could enlighten me on that one. We declined, there was no interest in that for us.

I have spoken to and am friends with many heavily involved in ARPC and i wonder just who are the two or three people running it because seems to me many of them want to adjust a bit. Open it up in some fashion rather than if someone talks OOC they arent sentenced to fifty lashes.

Bottom line I have observed and watched from the outskirts thinking after all these years rpers would loosen up and allow for growth, but nah never has happened.

O

OchoHoltO

With a timer on the object there really wasn't another option. But I agree. Some would hold it back just to be antagonistic.
I'm pleased to have even gotten the heart in the first place

it made me feel....important....lol

:grouphug:

S

ShadowGuardian

you got to love the good ol RP items, I remember i had the first living cocoons in the game a while back

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have spoken to and am friends with many heavily involved in ARPC and i wonder just who are the two or three people running it because seems to me many of them want to adjust a bit. Open it up in some fashion rather than if someone talks OOC they arent sentenced to fifty lashes.

Bottom line I have observed and watched from the outskirts thinking after all these years rpers would loosen up and allow for growth, but nah never has happened.

There are way more than just 2 or 3 "running it". We have a guild application process and when a guild is accepted in, the GM of that guild is given a voting voice about what is decided for the RP community. I can count on the guild list we have at least 20 guilds all with a GM that has the ability to vote yes or no to changes, and submit changes they would like to see. If you have friends among the ARPC that would like to see change, why have they not spoken to the GM of their guild about it? If they have, why has that GM not brought it up to the rest of them?

If you follow the link in my signature you will find our forum, where it lists the standards for guilds wanting to apply. Does a guild have to join to interact with us? No. But there are significant benefits to becoming an official ARPC guild. For one, other GMs will seek you out for interaction, be it wars or events.

It sounds to me, Draken-Korin, like your group got used to frighten another group into submission. Sucks as you never saw any real action. Things like that don't usually happen these days.

As far as loosening up and talking OOC, well that isn't roleplay, is it? If you were watching a movie and one of the main characters suddenly started addressing his fellow actors as actors, rather than other characters in the movie, wouldn't you be wondering what the heck was going on? Jumping in and out of character is confusing for people, especially newer role players. It is also disruptive to whatever roleplay is taking place. I have never seen anyone punished for talking OOC, unless you consider requesting that they try not to do it as punishment.

Thats the thing about the rp world that confuses me, it boasts story arcs and adventure but the bottom line is they see others as simply characters in a book they are writing. Very little room seems to be afforded to create ones own destiny or actually BE that hero they all seem to write into who the chara they are playing is.
That is the point of roleplay, to create fiction. The problems that occur when people try to portray their IRL self as the hero, is that often they take things personally. If another character insults their character, they tend to feel offended IRL, etc. That isn't how it should be. We are all a group of friends behind the scenes, even the enemies, and everything you see is just acting. If we were all out to truly offend each other, very soon we would have no one left to roleplay with.

I have seen you over the years, man. Maybe one of these days I will succeed in dragging you in! Wonder if I should add that to my bucket list...

M

Miss Ghost

Ghost is far from being a soldier, but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole event. The lovely people are here trying to do something fun for us to become involved in and I believe that with the Crux Anasta they are going to try and combine puzzles, quests and yes fighting. From what Bennu said they will also have events running at different times so that most of us will be able at some time to participate.

I am a little disappointed that you believed those of us that were singled out was predetermined. Until I saw Danica earlier that day in Haven, I had no idea anything was happening. I rarely get to join in events as I am usually fast asleep when they run as I live in the UK. I don't know any of the EM's at all, so to be called out was a total surprise to me. Anyone who knows Ghost, knows that she helps most people out. I am often found in Haven helping returning players, new players and anyone else requiring assistance, taming beasties for free and I always but always rez pets and people no matter where I am. So please don't rain on my parade when I was feeling really pleased with my little self *huggles*.

Many thanks to those who also assisted me when I was a ghostie Ghost and in need of help too :)

D

Draken-Korin

Miss Weaver, you are certainly entitled to your own opinions but one thing you mentioned was flat out wrong. Your knowledge of how TWT operates is way off, when we were active in Fel action is all we saw. Now that we are more trammel based ya we see action but its more socializing, guild events based and hunting.

Groups "visited" us on a regular basis either to duel or pvp on our front lawn of a town that bordered on 15 houses just outside Brit swamps in "fel". But hey that was years ago, ancient history really, but a great time.

Furthermore we all have different ideas on what "roleplay" actually is, in my mind I roleplay. I havent seemed to master the skill of casting magic spells or rez upon death irl, but in Sosaria I can. When I log in I'm Draken-Korin (thats 97% of the time really) and thats me. When I created him 12 years ago I took who I am irl and put ALOT of me into him, how could I not? No lines are blurred or feelings hurt if someone speaks to me harshly or hits my alter ego over the head with a blunt object KILLING me in Sosaria. Thats one of the great parts about this hobby, we never get old and never die.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually never said anything about the way TWT operates. I think there was a misunderstanding here, I was speaking only of the ARPC. You are absolutely correct that I have no idea how TWT operates, which is why I would never speak about it. I have seen your guild on and off since before AOS was released. I used to chat with a couple people in TWT, never had a problem with any of you, not sure where the hostility is coming from.

D

Draken-Korin

Not hostile at all, but really you should have gone over your post before claiming you never said anything on how TWT operates.

Your post directed at me contained the following quote:

"It sounds to me, Draken-Korin, like your group got used to frighten another group into submission. Sucks as you never saw any real action. Things like that don't usually happen these days."

Guess that wasnt making an assumption on what TWT is about. *shrugs*

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not hostile at all, but really you should have gone over your post before claiming you never said anything on how TWT operates.

Your post directed at me contained the following quote:

"It sounds to me, Draken-Korin, like your group got used to frighten another group into submission. Sucks as you never saw any real action. Things like that don't usually happen these days."

Guess that wasnt making an assumption on what TWT is about. *shrugs*
It wasn't. I was responding in regards to Greypawn trying to get you guys to be basically "rent-a-crowd".

Hopefully, that clears that up.