• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello all you fine folks

B

Bullet

Just wanted to apologize for my recent not appering in the game. A bad accident at work has kept me away from the game and at a bad time considering the release of the newest expansion. A close friend of mine and even closer co worker, John LaRouch has passed away due to an industrial accident. A union broke lose at work causing a oil fire. John rushed in to turn off the valve but was quickly caught up in the fire. This act was way beyond what a normal worker would have done. The oil hit a 700 degree die and ignited both the oil and John. I used and entire fire extinguisher on him and even though most of the fire was put out he still was burning. I used my body to smother him as I rolled him around to put him out. He died the next day at Bradly Memorial Hospitol.

I have been in legal troble since the loss of my friend and the need to blame someone for a death. The security tapes shows that i did all that could be done to help my friend. this comes after some time in jail as they tried to figure out if I had done wrong. there were many questions as to why I let him expire. The company and its Lawyer have said that i went beyond the call of duty according to the tapes and will have nothing to worry about except for the loss of a good worker and close friend. Even after the Co2 Extinguisher stopped working i tried to smother the flames by rolling him and throwing my body on him. All the other workers ran as John rushed in to try and stop the fire. John if you can hear me now that was the most brave thing I have ever seen and im sorry for what has happened. I will tend my burns and think about what he did as a very brave person who could just have run away from a fire. Instead he jumped in and tried to stop it.

For those in game that know me it may take me some time to sort this all out and feel right about enjoying my life in game. This has bee very difficult and I may need some help in a proffesional way to let it pass.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
take your time, heal your hands and your heart, and we will be waiting here for your return

{{hug}}

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am truly sorry to hear about this terrible tragedy. Both you and your friend are heroes. Legal troubles over this incident is simply unconscionable. I pray that you make a speedy recovery and my heart goes out to the friends and family of your friend.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Staying to help your friend was a brave and heroric thing to do, when everyone else ran away. You shouldn't be in trouble for what you did, you should be honored. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and the family of your friend as well.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take your time, heal your wounds, my friend - the game has been here for 12 years and will be here when you decide to return.

But also bear in mind that UO is a "another" world and may be just the brief escape you need in the near future, if your therapist agrees...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Take your time, like I said last night, we're here if/when ya need us.
Just stay in touch and let us know how ya doing man.

DGgnome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same stands here, do what ya need to do, you and your friend deserve medals IMO, get well soon ;)

S

Salem de Monfort

Gosh, that's a lot. Like, can't you just run to Canada or something. I hear people do that all the time.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh Wow Bullet! Your actions are no surprise. Honor your sadness and your friend as both of you honored life. As all before me have said, we are here when you are ready. *huge huge giant heartfelt (but gentle) hugs"

A

Annienox

I may not know you hun, but I do know some of my worst times have been worked thru while on this game. Not that it will fix everything but allows your brain to push it to the side and simmer on things. Going to jail or having legal crap brought against you when you were trying to save your friend is insane! Best wishes for you in the future. When you come back maybe everyone will know all the lil ins and outs of sa heheh

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bullet-

So sorry for the loss of your friend. IMHO, you and your friend are Heroes. This world could use alot more like both of you. I'm both sorry and saddened by the legal woes brought upon. Its unfortunate.

When you come back look up my sis, her char is Luc. She'll help you with everything.

Take care.

Jirel

G

Green Mouser

Your a Valorous man in my book. Take your time buddy and come back when ready :)

B

Bullet

Just like to thank you all for the support and fine words spoken here. Things have been tough and im getting lots of support and help on this situation. Even back to playing and trying to get on with life. Thanks Legands you are a great life away from real life family!