• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heat of battle gump

DungHook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm a returning player. So much is foggy and new.

I play a mage SW.
In Luna around many players I seen a red fiery Gump pop up. "heat of battle"

Then a message in my journal that the player next to me was attacking me. My health was fine and the players around me were just talking non combative. Actually I think they new what was going on and was taking advantage of the new guy.

So what was the "heat of battle" Gump in my little Gump tray? Why did I get a message in my journal saying " players name" is attacking you??

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Are you in a guild? Did you have war mode active and click on one of your guild or alliance members? Especially if you're an archer or dexxer, that will often set off the heat of battle, which then has a cool down timer of a few minutes.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heat of Battle - it is a timer like Merlin said. While it is active it prevents you from using recall or sacred journey while PvPing. Not sure if it prevents gate or moongate use.

DungHook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When I was on Pacific shard I was in a guild for a week.
When asking a guildie for help in Tram luna I noticed the gump. As I remember now I saw a warning "Destiny is attacking you.
That is who I was speaking with, my health bar was fine so I dismissed it.

The others just ran around saying stupid things, I received no help or advice.
I later quit the guild and left the shard. We were the only ones in Luna at the time and it was Saturday night.