• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Heartwood Woodland Armor/BONUS MODS

• Thread starter LordDextonious
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

LordDextonious

I heard it through the grapevine, that heartwood woodland armor has a chance of getting 2 of the bonus mods applied to a piece, ie. Hit chance and Damage increase... either when enhanced before or after imbuing. Anyone know how I would go about attempting this?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Craft with regular wood.

Imbue

Enhance

You'll break a ton of pieces this way but it's the only way to get uber pieces with over 500% overall intensity. You'll also need to succeed on many pieces to get the rare mods. It's crazy difficult to do it this way but will create extremely rare, powerful and expensive pieces.

You could just craft the items with heartwood until you get the rarer mods then imbue. This method doesn't waste tons of resources because you're not going to break 100s of pieces trying to enhance. The only drawback is you don't get the ultimate max mods on a piece and have it be over 500%.

L

LordDextonious

Word... I spent endless hours making the pieces I needed. Just when I thought my suit was sweet, with 4 pieces with damage increase imbued, someone told me about when you enhance with heartwood, after its imbued, there is slim chance of getting 2 properties added to it. Getting one property is rare enough, couldn't imagine getting 2 additinal properties making the intensity over 700. I'll believe it when i see it I guess, Im running low on heartwood.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did up a good number of pieces yet never got a double mod. You can make some smoking stuff with wood but sadly its not medable and I found this to be a issue for my sampire.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This info was taken from the official playguide:
Heartwood Armor also has one random property from the following list: Luck 40, Durability 50%, Lower Requirements 20%, Damage Increase 10%, Lower Weight 50%, Hit Chance Increase 5%, Mage Armor

Assuming this information is still correct, you won't be able to get 2 special properties.

O

Orin Darkbane

I did up a good number of pieces yet never got a double mod. You can make some smoking stuff with wood but sadly its not medable and I found this to be a issue for my sampire.
non-traiditonal sampire template? I havent seen any that include med, so I'm wondering how the lack of mage armor is hurting you. I am assuming human for joat?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made the pieces before JOAT was "fixed". I was certainly using the extra LMC and regens that came from human so chances are its more of the regen that was the issue. It might have been that I just didn't leech all that well or something else.

I'll have to throw them on again and see what gives.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe what the source meant when he told the poster was that Heartwood adds two special mods not normally available on armor - 5% HCi "or" DI 10%, but the "or" was lost somewhere in the dialog ...

If I were to enhance an imbued piece, I would use Bloodwood and get more bang for my buck.

G

georgemarvin2001

A set of armor with heartwood can give you 5 HCI OR 10 DI per piece, not both. Most people have the 20% DI talisman and 25% DI jewels, so they're probably over the 100 DI cap anyway. If you use bloodwood, you get 2 HPR per piece. 6x2 HPR plus talisman, cincture and a bloodwood enhanced shield mean you've got 18 HPR; you gain hit points back FAST. Add a life leech weapon and you're pretty hard to kill.

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to explore this route - once I get a GM carpenter, with the goal of increasing overall HCI and DI

Damage Increase
50 from jewels (25+25=50)
20 from talisman (Conjurer's or Arms removal)
25 Stormgrip
95 Total

So - that extra 5% would put me at 100%, meaning I can then drop all DI from weapons and imbue an extra property such as some Hit spell attack.

To me, this is well worth doing for my sampire. As far as medability - all my weapons leech mana, so when I am low I just honor and hit, and I'm back in business. Much faster than regen could ever be.

J

[JD]

Some things to consider

Someone might want to use an orny so they don't have max DI
Someone might not want DI on their bow to leave it open for another mod or to use a 450 weight split resist bow
If you're factions you might lose 10 DI from your M&S Glasses eventually
If you're factions you might lose 10 HCI from your stormgrip eventually

Because Carpentry only goes to 100 I'm assuming the failure rate on repairs (and damage done while repairing) is higher (similar to repairing a bow) than on tailored/smithed items.

It's nice stuff and I'd go for it if I was an elf. With the faction changes coming as a human, even though I can get those elf morph earrings, I'm not really willing any more to consider all the work required only to lose the armor...