• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Health Bars

Chau Tung Ting

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I disable a line of command in the TargetWindow.xml then the hp bar work again

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\Pinco's UI\Source\TargetWindow.xml
FROM: <EventHandler event="OnUpdate" function="TargetWindow.ForceUpdate" />
TO: <EventHandler event="**OnUpdate**" function="**TargetWindow.ForceUpdate**" />

Just for buying sometime for official to fix the real problem. So, I can keep enjoy the game play while waiting. The HP bar not Upating is really an headache and need fix in the first first second.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hey Chau Tung Ting,

I don't understand the ** you put there. Are you saying just removing that line fixes all health bar problems?

Chau Tung Ting

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Instead of removing that line, I think it would be better to disable it by adding something to make it not execute.
It can be changed back easily by just removing the ** if it does not work for the hotbar problem

Chau Tung Ting

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
First of all, I am not a programer and do not have any background of this field.
Everytime custom UI occur a problem, my basic approach is let the system use back the default UI for the mulfuctioned part.
I compared the both targetwindow sources files of Pinco's and default UI.
Then, I found that the file content are nearly the same except the line of "forceupdate"
My guess is the system will just perform the targetwindow as if default UI with that line disabled
So, I give it a try and the problem of the custom UI is still existing but got ignored.
I am not sure my suggestion is totally working or not. At least it works for me......so far~~

T

Tazar

There was a bug-fix publish with server up maint earlier this week. Since then - the problem seems to have gotten a lot better. A few guildmates were still having issues - but deleting and then recreating the character file in the my-documents folder seems to have pretty well corrected the remaining issues for my hunting group.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
instead of deleting random piece of code because is not part of the default package, try the new patch I've uploaded :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some days are passed since I've uploaded the patch, is the bug finally gone? :p

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I am not 100% sure Pinco. I still experience Ghost players/mobs and non-poisoned green Healthbars. No 100% stuck health bars as of yet!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not 100% sure Pinco. I still experience Ghost players/mobs and non-poisoned green Healthbars. No 100% stuck health bars as of yet!
the ghost mobiles must be fixed client side, I can't do anything about.
the fake poisoned people is a client sync problem that used to happen in cc too (I don't know if still happening), usually happen after a little lag spike.

The fact that you and others have not experienced the stucked healthbars is a good sign, maybe is gone for good :D

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
The fact that you and others have not experienced the stucked healthbars is a good sign, maybe is gone for good :D
Yes, thank you for your dedication in killing this, and Kudos to Chau Tung Ting for pointing in the right direction!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is this issue fixed then? I will wait a little longer for some of you to respond and hope we can move this to fixed list?

O'siris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for the most part the bars are working correctly, but since the latest patch for the 81 stuff after a period of time my bars stick again. I reset client and it fixed. Ill try and pay more attention next time to see exactly when it sticks.

Arikan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I hate to say this but I get this problem like the plague and is very frustrating. Should i wait for a patch or what?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have not experience this lately but have not been playing a lot! pinco?

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the CC client for at least the last week. Health bars not updating. Seems to update every once and awhile and sometimes not at all especially on my pet and mobs im fighting. Today it is happening right now as im doing a mel run. This is making it very difficult to play right now and almost makes me want to stop til i hear about a fix. I'm sitting here healing my pet constantly not knowing what its health is at!!! :( :( :(

Last edited: