• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Healing Versus Magic Healing

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok folks...some of you know me, others...not so much.

I have played a thief for a long time in UO. I have run nearly every thief template imaginable. I am curious to hear your thoughts on this topic.

I am working on a really tight template for a new thief (specifically for production shards) and I would like to make it as defensive as possible, the problem is with the template I have put together, I really only have about 100-120 skill points to use for healing.

I thought easy one, but I don't know if it is...I am not familiar with all of the new magic types and their healing prowess.

I have used healing and anatomy in the past and have had great success with it but I don't have the room (nor really want to use that combo this time) for both skills.

With magery, I know I can cure, heal, travel, etc...
I could even add alchemy and heal/cure with pots (purple pots for a little offence)
Necro I can heal and use a spell to morph into wrath form.
Chivalry has healing, but I will probably remain a scoundrel so healing points won't be great, and can use it to travel.

What about the other mage type skills? How are their healing powers?

So help me out, if you only had 100-120 skill points to heal your character with what would you use?...la

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry isn't as karma focused as it was years ago. So 120 chiv will still give you a reliable way to heal and cure, though it may be a bit less than if you had great karma.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay, that's good to know...la
I've always liked Spellweaving. It has a Heal over time spell(can possibly cure poison as well, but never noticed this) and a shield spell that absorbs damage, but both have reuse timers, so they may not work for what you have planned. There is also a self-rez for those oops! moments, as long as you aren't crim. You also get pixies/furies too! You'll need to be able to find people to make an arcane circle with though for it to be any good.

Mysticism has some decent healing, but you'd probably need Focus for it to be effective.

If I only had 100-120points to spend on healing, I think I would go with a mix of SW/Chiv, assuming you can get a decent circle focus. Both are also resource free skills so no need for LRC/regs.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Using magical healing reveals you.
GH (120 Magery) heals more than CW (120 Chivalry). Magery has Teleport, Invisibility and so on.
You needn't SC to use Chivalry. Chivalry has Remove Curse.
You need two skills to use Mysticism.
You can use Spirit Speak to heal yourself.