• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Healing macro

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Is there a way to make a macro in EH client which targets pet and casts greater heal on it?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like to use a "last target" macro( middle mouse button push down on scroller), as well as a" target self" macro.. That way you can change between offensive spells on non friendlies... and the combo of Greater heal, Vet/band-aid on your pet for a super fast super large heal or a massive damage dump on monsters , in a few secs.. This of course if you have EC targeting set to " classic targeting" as I do.. Hope this helps.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to post here or message me. until then have a delightful evening. =^-^=

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not played in vanilla UI in a decade, so I do not remember which ways are Vanilla vs Pinco's UI. If you are playing in EC, Pincos triples the capabilities and QOL, so no reason not to install it.
The simplest way is to put the GH button on a toolbar, right click on it, select "Target", pick "Stored", and designate your pet as a stored target. From then on, clicking on this button or pressing the key combination (if you chose to assign it) will heal that particular pet.
If you want to have a more universal macro, you can make something like this:

1 greater heal
2 target pet*
3 wait for target
4 target current

*Under Pinco, you have several options as far as targeting. You can use "Target nearest follower", or, especially useful if you play with packs, you can use "Target severely injured follower". The last one will heal the most damaged pet.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can't speak for the EC but if you are trying to set a macro to do both you should use the bandie first. Doing that makes the bandie and gheal slap on at the same time... with 2/6 casting at any rate

In CC/UoAssist I do:

Use Item (bandaid)
Target (pet)
Cast gheal
Target (pet)

Just as the gump is starting to form from the gheal the bandie sound pops off. If/when it get a new pet out of the stable I just retarget the two target areas and am good to go.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't speak for the EC but if you are trying to set a macro to do both you should use the bandie first. Doing that makes the bandie and gheal slap on at the same time... with 2/6 casting at any rate

In CC/UoAssist I do:

Use Item (bandaid)
Target (pet)
Cast gheal
Target (pet)

Just as the gump is starting to form from the gheal the bandie sound pops off. If/when it get a new pet out of the stable I just retarget the two target areas and am good to go.
Wait, you mean that I am suppose to stay near my pet? What a concept. JK ;)

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*Under Pinco, you have several options as far as targeting. You can use "Target nearest follower", or, especially useful if you play with packs, you can use "Target severely injured follower". The last one will heal the most damaged pet.
You don't need Pinco's UI for that. All the targeting options are built in to the enhanced client.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wait, you mean that I am suppose to stay near my pet? What a concept. JK ;)
:lol:

The good thing about that macro is it still functions properly if you have to range heal too. Just gives you a 'not in range' message on the failed bandie attempt.

I play lazy man's UO when I play. At max play I have 3 accounts all Mage/Sw/Tamers and each tamer has macros for all 3 pets. One key on each account and I can vet X3 and gheal x3... LOTS of hp's going to a pet that also has healing on it :thumbup:

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
There are so many ways to do it. You could also drag the GH icon to an empty slot on hot bar, then right click, select target, select stored, then click on the pet.
If you go the macro route, and normally have only one pet, I suggest trying:
select closest follower
greater heal
wait for target
cursor target current.
The benefit of this option is that you never have to bother with storing pets as targets.
I use the same concept for bandages, lore, arch cure, etc. I even use select closest follower for mounting, so I only have one macro that works for all pets.
I am hoping to add a video to my discord channel on tamer specific macros this week using the Enhanced Client.