• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heads Up: LLTS May Be Among You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Just a heads up, both for Atlantic guilds, as well as players interested in joining a guild. Over the past week or two, someone apparently associated with the guild LLTS has infiltrated our guild. Our guild house has several donation chests, wherein we leave armor, weapons, power scrolls, and other items for our new members to take advantage of. Sadly, we've been forced to lock these chests as a result of this seemingly LLTS-associated player. This player has completely cleaned out every last chest, including power scrolls, leaving our new players with nothing. In return, this player has left over 100 runes and books vis-a-vis The Syndicate.

Low tactics, especially for a guild that upholds itself as having the most astringent membership process. No harm to our guild, it just means that new players will no longer be privileged to take advantage of the generosity of our veterans - at least, not as easily as they once could.

M

Mirage

Just a heads up, both for Atlantic guilds, as well as players interested in joining a guild. Over the past week or two, someone associated with the guild LLTS has infiltrated our guild. Our guild house has several donation chests, wherein we leave armor, weapons, power scrolls, and other items for our new members to take advantage of. Sadly, we've been forced to lock these chests as a result of this LLTS-associated player. This player has completely cleaned out every last chest, including power scrolls, leaving our new players with nothing. In return, this player has left over 100 runes and books vis-a-vis The Syndicate.

Low tactics, especially for a guild that upholds itself as having the most astringent membership process. No harm to our guild, it just means that new players will no longer be privileged to take advantage of the generosity of our veterans - at least, not as easily as they once could.
Proof?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Not sure what you mean. This is obviously an inductive problem, so the burden of proof is "probable."

1) Fact: Only guild mates can access our chests. Hence, someone inside the guild placed the runes.
2) Fact: LLTS drops books, but not runes. Hence, someone spent a lot of time at the LLTS guild house marking 100+ runes.
3) Postulate: No one unaffiliated with The Syndicate would have reason to mark 100+ runes to the LLTS guild house, especially considering that they're paying to play.

From these facts and a reasonable assumption, I conclude that it is more likely than not that an LLTS-affiliated player has dropped 100+ runes and books in our guild chests.

M

Mr. Gnome

Perhaps it was someone else trying to frame the syndicate? Maybe a guild you are in competition with.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
We're a purely PvM guild. We have no alliances, no enemies. Your theory is reasonable, but doesn't seem to square with our situation.

Why would someone frame the syndicate by leaving runes at our gh, considering we 1) care nothing about what the Syndicate does and 2) don't retaliate? Doesn't meet the probable standard, in my view.

M

Mr. Gnome

PvM can be competitive, especially if you're a large guild which it seems you are.

And why would the Syndicate want someone to go to one of their houses? Their main recruiting medium is a website, not a house.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
*shrug* You tell me.

The only PvM guild that could possibly be considered a competitor is LLTS. If what you say is true - if PvM guilds are uber competitive - this lends more evidence to my theory that this is someone affiliated with the Syndicate.

M

Mr. Gnome

You shouldn't have locked them and found out who was doing it. It's not hard to do. Simply have someone hide afk near the chests and before they log out have them check the chests. If they've been vandalized, look at the journal and continue the investigation.

---------------

And any guild with a decent amount of members can be competitive. Guilds often seem to specialize in things for periods of time- Mel runs, resource gathering, holding "special" Tokono spots for minors... mostly comes with events.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
We'll certainly find them, no question about that. Just trying to give other guilds a heads up.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you carebears serious? this is like the 3rd post this week people whining about LLTS, for the love of god people stop crying. You just admitted your only proof is runes that anyone could have marked left in your guild house, that my friend is not proof thats called being framed, could it have been llts? yes it could have but it very well could have been someone that likes to join guilds like yours, rob them blind and then cast the blame on a guild thats been getting alot of heat from a bunch of carebears on the forums.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shrug* You tell me.

The only PvM guild that could possibly be considered a competitor is LLTS. If what you say is true - if PvM guilds are uber competitive - this lends more evidence to my theory that this is someone affiliated with the Syndicate.
That is not evidence. What your doing is called slander.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
? Ok...well said...can tell you thought that one through...

M

Mr. Gnome

If you're to learn anything from this, it is that The Syndicate is right in having a recruitment process. Not just because of the sad fact you can't trust everyone, it allows members to get to know everyone well too.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
If you're to learn anything from this, it is that The Syndicate is right in having a recruitment process. Not just because of the sad fact you can't trust everyone, it allows members to get to know everyone well too.
Agreed. We have a process, too. Unfortunately, sometimes bad eggs slip though, even in the Syndicate.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
How do I know what?

M

Mr. Gnome

Bad eggs, but more so someone who would vandalize to promote their "true" guild.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
How do I know that bad eggs sometimes slip through our application process? Because I have booted them. How do I know that bad eggs sometimes slip though LLTS's application process? Because I know people who have been booted by the Syndicate.

How do I know that someone would vandalize to promote their true guild? Because I've booted them. How do I know that someone LLTS-related would do this? I do not. I am only saying that, based on the circumstances, it is more likely than not.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Over the past week or two, someone apparently associated with the guild LLTS has infiltrated our guild . . . . Sadly, we've been forced to lock these chests as a result of this seemingly LLTS-associated player.
This make you feel better?

M

Mr. Gnome

Your argument is still only based on a small hunch which you fail to provide a motive for. Could that have the slightest chance of holding up in any real-world situation? No.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Listen, Matt, I can tell that you are an unusually bright 19-year-old high school graduate, so I have no doubt that you know the difference between inductive and deductive reasoning. Accordingly, I know you'll understand that, based on the facts that I've seen, my "hunch" is reasonable, insofar as it is the most likely explanation.

Incidentally, were I guilty of defamation, I should be accused of "libel," which is written, not "slander," which is spoken.

M

Mr. Gnome

Regardless it's still defamation, and as with most of these threads, it will probably end up getting locked. Even by issueing a "warning" of what another guild is somewhat malicious, even if you don't intend it to be.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Well, then, let me apologize to Stratics staff and to LLTS for my "defamation." Was trying to alert other guilds to possible similar situations. Now that I've issued this statement, I'll sign off.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Listen, Matt, I can tell that you are an unusually bright 19-year-old high school graduate, so I have no doubt that you know the difference between inductive and deductive reasoning. Accordingly, I know you'll understand that, based on the facts that I've seen, my "hunch" is reasonable, insofar as it is the most likely explanation.

Incidentally, were I guilty of defamation, I should be accused of "libel," which is written, not "slander," which is spoken.
OMG I CAN USE GOOGLE TOO!

S

Syndicate

Logically speaking, its not a good idea to rob someone and then leave your wallet behind. Virtually speaking that is what the jerk who infiltrated you did. A much more logical explanation is that he is hoping for the exact reaction he just obtained which would be to distract you from locating him and instead deflect attention towards another guild. Only a real moron goes into a person's house; robs it; and then leaves them a note on where to find them later.

Those kinds (scammers, cheaters etc..) of players the whole game would be better off without but, unfortunately they do exist.

As a matter of policy, The Syndicate does not leave books inside any player establishments (although at least one person, that we have seen in action, has done it to frame us and that had some limited affect towards their goal, since a some players are rather pissed at us thinking we spammed their personal vendor house with books) and we most certainly do not infiltrate guilds and rob them. Pixels on a screen are never worth the cost of the integrity built over 13.5 years. Our LLTS.ORG site spells out the core rules of the guild and given our large number of formalized, professional relationships with game developers we take those corevalues and our integrity far too seriously to be the least bit envious of what pixels someone has stored in a chest.

We would be more than happy to lend any resources we can provide to helping you resolve the mystery or to spread the word about the scammer when you do uncover their identity.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if it was someone from LLTS who did this, it is not unheard of to have bad apples in a guild or someone joining in just to defame your guild. As such, there is no allowance for the OP to attack the entire guild based on the actions of a single individual (assuming it is someone from LLTS).

I don't care about LLTS and I don't know anyone in it. I find their books to be mildly annoying and arrogant. However, that does not give me or anyone else the right to turn Stratics Atlantic boards into LLTS-Bashing board, which it has unfortunately become... quite often.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to summon this up nicly:

• make sure you can trust your guildies before you allow them access to anything
  • dont judge an intire guild by one player
  • not so nice people like to try to blame others for their mess ups

what it boils down to,

this could have been anyone, maybe even a former member or someone LLTS didnt join for whatever reason, there is no prove.

personally (not as MOD) speaking i dont think LLTS has to go raid noobie boxes at anyones house since they give away plenty of the stuff during events...

I am sorry that happend to your guild :( if there is anything i can do to help ket me know, though i will be out of town for a bit the next week....

with this in mind i am locking the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.