• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HCI vs DCI

S

Strycher

does anyone have an authoritative understanding of these two. Specifically, in PvP is the 45 HCI Cap calculated after comparing and subtracting out the targets DCI, or is it a hard cap at 45 HCI and THEN it subtracts out your opponents DCI?

make sense? if not i will try to give an example

Me: Wearing 40 HCI, plus firing with Lightning strike (+50 HCI). Target: 45DCI

The effective HCI that I hit him with on this shot is either 45HCI, or 0HCI. Which is it? or is it neither?

S

Strycher

ok, you kind of confused me in your response...all other things are NOT equal. Hence my example.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have 45 HCI

Your Oppoent has 40 DCI

Your hitting him with 5% HCI + then u have to take in account you haveing 120 swords him having 120 fencing or maybe hes got 110 fencing. That also adds to your hit chance.

S

Strycher

i understand the basic concept SW...what I need clarification on is how the max is calculated

If i have 75 hci (yes, its possible), and he has 40 dci, what am i hitting him with?

5 hci, or 35 hci?

S

Strycher

that is a great question...and is the whole POINT of this post.

Is it capped at 45 AFTER subtracting out your opponents DCI, or is it capped right up front at 45, and THEN you subtract your opponents DCI.

U

uomlplayer

hci/dci is a hard cap at 45 by adding more than the cap for hci/dci only helps lessen or negate the effect of HLD/HLA but does nothing more for just straight hci/dci

G

Here is an interesting Uhall thread along these lines. Just thought I would toss it out there.

G

I BELIEVE that you would hit with 35HCI. You take into account ALL Factors, figure out what the HCI would be after ALL conditions have been accounted for, if HCI > 45, then HCI is limited to 45, if HCI < 45 then it stays with that HCI.

The best way is always to test it yourself! ICQ me if you want to do a bit of testing, i'm interested as well....

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont believe is like that. Im pretty sure the HCI vs DCI factors dont counter act like that but like UOMl said... it does effect Hit Lower Defense and Hit Lower Attack... now say you have 45 DCI and You get hit with a weapon with HLD and it goes into into effect. I believe not postive it drops your DCI by like 30.... or something can u over cap that and wear 75 DCI and then get with and HLD weapon and still be at the cap.

N

Nerf-Herder

I don't know the entire formula, but I do know that equal levels of weapon skill gives a 50% chance to hit/defend.

120 WEAP vs. 120 WEAP = 50% chance to hit/defend. The greater the difference between weapon skills, the greater the chance to hit/defend.

120 WEAP vs. 100 WEAP = the 120 guy will hit the 100 guy more than 50% (I don't know exact amount as I do not remember the formula)

HCI and DCI increase your weapon skill level that is used in the game's hit chance calc. Say you have 120 weapon skill and you are wearing 20% HCI. Your new modified weapon skill level to be used in the hit calc will be:

120 + (120 * .2) = 144 WEAP

If you (144) attack someone that has 120 and they have no DCI, you will have a much better chance to hit them. If he is wearing 20% DCI, then he will have 144 WEAP for his part of the hit calc and you'll be back to equal chance to hit/defend.

The reason people (esp prodo sharders) try to stack it well beyond the 45% cap is to overcome the effects of the hit lower defense mod that drops your WEAP by 25% of its modified total.

There is a point where enough HCI/DCI will negate it, but I don't remember because it is not realistic to run it all the time on Siege.

Hope this helps

EDIT:You can overcome HLA effects by stacking as well.