• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Having Ultima Online forums on the UO Site..

Forums

• Yes

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the developers would have much, much more control over UO forums on a official EA website than with stratics, we would get un-biased mods, and probabley more and better communication from the developers and talk about things that we can't on stratics.. This is what I assume though..

I made a poll..

D

DHMagicMan_1

They don't reply much and they don't want the responsibility for it. Also if people want to post items critical (constructive or otherwise) it's better not on the company site.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I will vote for 3.
{X} Don't really care

But since that option isn't there. I vote for No. Mainly because we are already all here.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No point in voting. Jeremy has stated very clearly it won't happen and we would not want her as a moderator anyway.

N

Nosuperiors_Damnfewequals

we would get un-biased mods

You really think, this is true? *shakes head*
Here we can be rude, obnoxious, and tell it jsut exactly like we feel it.
You realize we will be modded on an "official Mythic run board" by Mythic employees right? And that said paid employees will be un-biased and fair?

*shakes head*

won't happen, maybe at the start, but over time, it won't happen.

S

Sheridan

UO used to run their own set of forums in which posting accounts were tied to your in-game account. You think you'd be able to talk about things there that you couldn't here...? I sincerely doubt that. And just who would run those forums? The developers and GMs you folks are constantly complaining about for not doing enough? Moderating can take a considerable chunk of a person's time and effort... that's why they discontinued the Official forums in the first place.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They don't reply much and they don't want the responsibility for it. Also if people want to post items critical (constructive or otherwise) it's better not on the company site.
I don't see why not, MOST MMO's have official forums.. It helps promote and advertise the game easier as well.. Let's say I have never played UO before.. I go to www.uo.com, but I am not satisfied, I see no pictures, trailers or anything, or and forums to go to.. Am I going to automataclly know what stratics is? There is hardley any links to it from the official UO site.. Thus, we need a forum on it, for better communication, like I said, other games do it, and EA should consider it.. They're even able to put up banners for the game on the official forums..

It seriously works great for other games!

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/
http://forums.ageofconan.com/
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/ubbthreads.php
http://forums.ddo.com/index.php
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/forums/list.m
http://forums.lotro.com/
http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO used to run their own set of forums in which posting accounts were tied to your in-game account. You think you'd be able to talk about things there that you couldn't here...? I sincerely doubt that. And just who would run those forums? The developers and GMs you folks are constantly complaining about for not doing enough? Moderating can take a considerable chunk of a person's time and effort... that's why they discontinued the Official forums in the first place.

Get Sillyfoot to do it:loser:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those forums were up when I left and the moderation constituted approximately 10% of why I left.

It tended to be like the GM's/Guides in game. If a bad call was made then the system closed ranks and the Moderator could make no mistake no matter what.

This could get to the point of a moderator having it in for a poster and effectively having no recourse. I remember one instance in the Tamers Forum were a Moderator Something Wolf had it in for one of the posters. It was 100% obvious to every one. The mod started to lock down messages by that person and all the regulars started to complain about it as they could not see any violation to the rules. I brought it to the attention of the person running the boards and the reply was basically what constituted the 10% contribution to my leaving.

Talking to others in game that were on that forum, it became clear many did the same thing and got the same reply.

*Shrug*

In the end they don't need the expense and I am not clear they can actually run board in such a way as to not alienate their customers.

BUT

If they chose to, then I would strongly recommend they go hire some of the EverQuest people that are and have ran/run the their boards in the past.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I voted no.
I remember the old "official" forums and it sucked.Ya couldn`t talk smack about the UO gods or you were outa there.

Wasn`t very long and I was banned from uo.com`s forum,been so long I can`t remember exactly why,I remember my last post had sumting to do with censorship and the inability to criticize decisions made by the UO gods.

That was pre AoS.

Than I found Stratics and said to hell with the nazi forums! :D

Wish I coulda used my old stratics name but ISP`s changed and couldn`t remember my old password.With a diff email addy I couldn`t retrieve nuffin.

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was actualy going to post this in a responce also......... but I've given up...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just what is this *you folks* crap? Take away the moderator title and you are just another negative poster. Official forums would be nice again, as people would be responsible for thier behavior both in the game and on the boards as well. Perhaps you dont see it but responsibility is a good thing, and goes a long way towards community growth.

Then again I guess it all depends on the moderators. Negative mods = ****** bags...nuff said. Location cant correct that.

T

T_Amon_from_work

nope ... I was around for the official forums. There were more posters here and Crossroads of Brittania boards than on the EA ones. Why? The exact reason(s) Sheridan put out ...

Also, many of the posters on the official boards complained more about the modding THERE than on either of the ones I mentioned above.

Historical note for Jeremy: Not only on the EA boards, but on here and CoB the Dev members had a lot more presence than currently - even with the spate of activity recently. <shrug>

R

Richtor Darkbane

Yes, but I think they are to afraid of volunteer mods due to the lawsuit thing.