• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Having trouble!~

C

Carter'

Having trouble enterign ym sims to the world i can get to sims select screen then it tells em there is a update so i update it and same thing happens anyone know why or what to do to fix this problem? plz help thanks

-Carter'

M

Melodie1980

IDK how to fix it. But the samething is happening to me.

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

Having trouble enterign ym sims to the world i can get to sims select screen then it tells em there is a update so i update it and same thing happens anyone know why or what to do to fix this problem? plz help thanks

-Carter'

[/ QUOTE ]

Happened to me this morning too. I would click on my Sim to play and it would tell me to get update. Then it would take me back to desktop and nothing happened, go back to the login screen and so forth. Took about 3 trys to get the 12.4 whatever update and then I was able to log in. So keep trying till you actually get the update.

V

VDesel

Same thing here, I got about 200kb worth of updates and it still says there is an update availible, and there is no update!

V

VDesel

FOUND A FIX:

Load EAL regularly, and when it asks you which server to login (EA-Land-Beta, TSO, or TC3) choose the "options button" sleect for the game to review your installation, it should detect a 100 byte update, that fixed it for me

G

<blockquote><hr>

-Carter'

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here I update then when screen comes up all sims are gone, then I do it again they are there, and another request to update, vicious circle..

I

imported_Juniper Skye

Happened to me this morning too, but the thrid time worked like a charm!

G

Last night (I think it was Lee) said try going to TC3 first then EA Land. It worked for me, but not everyone.

S

swissmoonbeam

I've had this same problem today for the first time. I tried patching to tc3 first, but that didn't help. When i log in and click one of my sims, it says I need an update. But then it brings me to the updater, where it doesn't actually update anything, lol. Keeps doing this loop...

Any ideas?

moon

T

tanyasharp76

I have the same problem But then it brings me to the updater and the cycle happens about 4 times then then it tells me a game file on your system was not the one expected. This can mean your installation was corrupted, the game was tampered with, or possible the system is infected with a virus. Select the 'Retry' to verify the game install and attempt to fix it. Well I cleaned the computer and no virus. Then I reinstall the same and I get the a 110 byte update is required to continue. But then it happens all over again.

what is happening

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have the same problem But then it brings me to the updater and the cycle happens about 4 times then then it tells me a game file on your system was not the one expected. This can mean your installation was corrupted, the game was tampered with, or possible the system is infected with a virus. Select the 'Retry' to verify the game install and attempt to fix it. Well I cleaned the computer and no virus. Then I reinstall the same and I get the a 110 byte update is required to continue. But then it happens all over again.

what is happening

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having exactly the same problem. Seems there is another problem with the updater utility.

Polly

H

Happy Simmer

I have 4 PC's and have the same looping verify error on all of them.
I guess we are shut out again.

C

Cruz Cavera

There are 3 Posts going about this that I have seen so far...When are we going to get a reponse?

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

FOUND A FIX:

Load EAL regularly, and when it asks you which server to login (EA-Land-Beta, TSO, or TC3) choose the "options button" sleect for the game to review your installation, it should detect a 100 byte update, that fixed it for me

[/ QUOTE ]

I recieved the 100 byte update without going through options, still puts me and others through the login loop when I or others try to get into beta.

C

Cruz Cavera

Say what? I don't understand... There is no "Review your Installation."

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

FOUND A FIX:

[/ QUOTE ]

I recieved the 100 byte update without going through options, still puts me and others through the login loop when I or others try to get into beta.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that some of us don't get that far - we get stuck at the first update screen and never make it to the city (server) selector.

G

<blockquote><hr>

FOUND A FIX:

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'Check Installation' box under Options is selected and greyed out so it can't be de-selected. Erk!

P

Paulina

I just logged on. And i am floating in Ealand. It required for me to do another update 1 file. After that i was golden. The 100 byte update was this morning, that one is the one i had to try 3 times before it took.
This update here was 124MB and was 1 file. Once I got that one done I logged in and got to my select as sim screen and i was in.

Keep trying, the one that is giving your grief is the 100 byte update, i think when you get through that one you should be ok.

I

imported_eggchick7

Is this always going to be the problem? Doesnt seem to be much value for money..I know the Devs work hard on this to get it sorted but it seems to be more problematic each time. I have had problems with just one sim. I have 3 accounts, all sims except for this one work fine (she would be the one most skilled) she kept getting stuck despite all the updates on 50% so I double checked I did all the upates did the tc3 bit and I have all the same probs as everyone else and although it updates and i get as far as the sim screen the moment I try to go in it says another update required and also 'Internal error, doesn't matter whether I use the window mode the client or the main one, all the same...wish io hadn't bothered now.

G

I update in a loop for a while -- 124k file, I think. Then, I get the 'virus' message and it launches into a scan. Awful.

I

imported_eggchick7

Now I can get into tc3 (which I dont want) and when i go back into ealand usual naff update which is all crud then the good ole corrupt file message. Is there a valid reason for all this, it wud help if the devs coudl tell us why this happnens then maybe my patience will prevent me from hitting the laptop.

I

imported_eggchick7

<blockquote><hr>

this game is such a pile....

[/ QUOTE ] my, at the moment that feels like such an understatement..which is sad because when the game is working...everyone happy, Im so darn tired now Im going ot bed (gmt time) if the same happens tomorrow Ill just go back to Sims 2. If it doesnt alter..easy quit playing the game while ur still sane
Wait a minute...Im not sane anyway...well nothings gonna change :p

G

I don't know what to do -- I have downloaded all kinds of patches between 100k and 200k file size. However, there *is* a change -- now I'm caught in a loop with the 'virus' error screen. I just don't know what to do.

And, no, I don't have a virus!

I'll stop complaining soon, but I had really hoped to get in and swap my lava lamp cards. I have a limited window of opportunity to do that. Makes me a bit sad!

C

Carter'

Ok.... so i did the updates get so sim selct screen says need another update doo that and now it gives me this ur download could be virused or some garbage so i do that update get another 279kb update do thaT and still no simmige ! Not a happy camper right now

T

tanyasharp76

I did the same thing you did and it told me I have a 110 byte update but it is still not lettin me in but thanks for trying to help us by telling your tip.

T

tanyasharp76

I finally got in I did VDesel trick Load EAL like I usually do , and when it asks you which server to login (EA-Land-Beta, or TC3) choose the "options button" sleect for the game to review your installation, it it did detect a 100 byte update, but it kept on telling me that I need a required update it did that for 20 min and I finally got into it.

Thanks VDesel for your tip

G

That didn't work for me, I still get the 110 byte update and then a continuous loop of select a sim, update required, update 110 byte, select a sim, update required.

Polly

C

Carter'

I GOT IN !

K what i did was did the update went through the loop and did the Your download could have been virsued thing waited for it to finsish logged in adn go through just stay at it youll get ive been at since 5:00 pm Est till 10:pm est!
)))

G

I finally got in too. I kept doing the repair till I got the 120.4 kb update. That's the update that will work.

G

Lee has posted here that he thinks systems have been stabilized.

If anyone is still trapped in the loop, please speak up in the above thread in the Technical Advice forum.

C

Carter'

im in and not loggging out till i want to leave lol wont even log out to change name HEHE dont wanna risk it