• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Having issues with EC

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok back in feb.. i was playing EC on this computer then my harddrive crashed. SO when i bought a new onw the guy at the comp. store gave me a vista 64bit operating system i had the vista 32bit system.(ok i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not but that is leading up to now)

when i play EC i run fine for 5 steps then lag then run good for 5 step and lag now it doesnt seem to get any better or worse ever its the same 5 steps and lag can anyone help me out i really do love playing EC it just doesnt work for me

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmmm...

1. How much system RAM are you running?
2. How much video RAM/what type of card?
3. Might consider upgrading to Win 7 64 bit instead of Vista.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmmm...

1. How much system RAM are you running?
2. How much video RAM/what type of card?
3. Might consider upgrading to Win 7 64 bit instead of Vista.
1. RAM 2.5g
2. ATI Radeon 2100
3. Ill try to do that but before i spend the money i was hoping there was an easier fix

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. RAM 2.5g
2. ATI Radeon 2100
3. Ill try to do that but before i spend the money i was hoping there was an easier fix
1. That is quite high :) (that is good)
2. That is a old card, is it still compatible with EC?
3. I am still running windows XP, I what to get 7 it just low cash stopping me :(

Y

yorky

Having the same problem, its not lag per sae its more like the graphics are either loading or caching to the HDD, either way when you compare it to the flawlessly smooth Classic there isnt much incentive to keep using the EC even tho I do actually like it.

Specs:
5GB RAM
GTS250 Nvidia 1GB Graphics Memory
Windows 7 64Bit.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few things that may help:

- set the framerate to 60 (I think you need Pinco's UI for that)
- disable idle animation
- enable/disable vsync (people are getting mixed results from that, so try for yourself)
- disable shadows
- lower particle effects.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
experiencing same issue, and my system is quite powerful..

it seems to be related to 64bit windows.. Somehow..

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually my 32bit win7 laptop has same issue.

problem happens when many vendors or players comes in the screen.