• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Haven Festival (Sunday Feb 9th)

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Due to the great success of the Haven Festival I held in Catskills shard I am going to hold one in Atlantic on Feb 9th. This event is to help out young players and introduce them to the community of UO, it also will have 'care packages' that contain information on training skills along with some items for their desired profession. (Ex: swordsman package would have some armour, a wep, and bandies).
I broke up the items into towns which reflect a bit of the Ultima lore, any contributions are welcome! You can bring them yourself on the day of the event or I can pick them up earlier, I have already set up boxes in my house for items to be used for the festival. You can also contribute items not on the list like regents or bandies if you'd like.

• Bows & Arrows from Skara Brae
  • Magery books from Wind
  • Necromancy books from Umbra
  • Crafting tools from Minoc
  • Ores from Delucia
  • Wood from Yew
  • T- maps from Bucs Den
  • Rune books from Britain
  • Shields from Trinsic
  • Food from Cove
  • Blades (fencing/swords) from Jhelom
  • Bashing (Macing) from Nu'Jelm
  • Instruction Books from Haven
  • Ridables from Moonglow
  • Iron Armour from Vesper
  • Leather Armour from Serpents Hold
  • Potions from Papua
  • Jewelry (rings/ bracelets) from Luna
  • Gargish armour from Ter Mur
  • Ninja garb from Tokuno Island

Any questions feel free to ask here, pm me or ICQ me at 176782236. I hope to see you there!!

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Feb 9th.... Is that the same weekend for the Rares fest on Europa?

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll get the Artisan's Union to put together some crates of shields and ship them to you very shortly.

Great idea!:thumbup1:

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Right now I have made some pickaxes, smithing hammers, and have a couple Chivalry books.

Last edited:

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to bring the rain but, ... I been helping the young... in ocello, then Haven (before the fall), I was there during the invasion, and now I help the young in New Haven... no matter how hard you try to be good-hearted... there will those that pick up everything to either smelt, unravel, or put it on their vendor for sale... so just be aware how you set the crates around... I now just hand out to individuals... no longer just place on ground. (just saying). Any one that knows "the town drunk" ya know I been in the town since day one... trust me I know the player base that comes though the town. hehehe... bet I've made more spined armor than anyone in the game.
But it's a great idea and I wish you luck... and Thanks!!!
I will be there ... always.

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sweet QMSoar! Thank you! Would you like to bring hem the day of the event or would you like me to pick them up?

ILLegal Means the crates aren't left on the ground, it is set up similar to a marketplace, the only difference we are not selling any goods. I place tables around and a book on each table with a town and some information about the town. If anyone would like to represent a town or if they have a guild that is based in a specific town then I welcome you to stand by the table to talk to the young players that come by. Think of this as 'World Showcase' of Epcot Center within UO.

Anyone who decides they would like to 'represent a town' feel free to do so, and if you have an idea of a side event that would represent the town please feel free to do so. For example someone that wishes to represent Skara Brae, the town of rangers, could do an archery event, or gate people to the town and take them on a guided tour. I will ask that if you wish to do a side event keep them short so that they can be done more than once, this way more people can enjoy it.
Also, if more than one person winds up wanting to represent a town and hold a side event please work with each other because more events will make things more fun for everyone.

Last edited:

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To tis point the items I have for the Haven Fest are:

Runebooks, Mage, Necromancy, and Mysticism books from Lay Racheal.
Shields from Soar
Pickaxes, Smith hammers, Chivalry books, and lockpicks

Thank you to everyone contributing!

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I better pass them to you. I won't be on for the event itself unfortunately.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you have the location of a mailbox I could drop them to?

My times are uncooperative.

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a house in Luna I can put the mailbox in front of, or is there someone you can give them to? Capt Norrington said he was originally gonna be there with you, maybe he can bring them?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd be happy to bring them if needed

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I will be beginning to set up on the 9th for Haven Fest about 8PM EST. If anyone wishes to contact me please feel free to through here, ICQ at 176782236, or in game. I am always on the rp chat channel if I am logged in. I can't wait to see you there!!

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you to everyone that came, there were a couple minor problems but the event showed the young players that we were able to help how great the community of Atlantic is! I hope you had as much fun as I did. I'm planning on the next one being on March 9th which is also a Sunday.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over all I think it was a great event... had a lot of turn out from the community. Other than a couple of butt wipes (because of the RoC we can't say names or guild)... but I thought it went really well, and I know the event made an impression on a few new folks to the shard. The town of Haven Thanks ya...
My suggestion for the next event would be to have it a little earlier... maybe 7:00 or 8:00 pm EST.