• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Have you done either of these Champion Spawns?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have done most of the Champion spawns and realized that there are two that I have never completed. Those two are the "Bedlam Crypt Spawn" and the "Twisted Weald Spawn". I know most people do not wish to do the Twisted Weald Spawn out of fear of losing Karma from killing Pixies and other good creatures. Still I would love to at least once see the Feral Treefellows and Raging Grizzlies on the 4th level and the champion "Twaulo of the Glade." (Rumor is that Twaulo is a Centaur.) I know I have tried to do this spawn a few times by myself or with one or two other people and we have not gotten to far before we can not move forward because we are not killing fast enough.

Now the Bedlam Spawn from what I understand most people do not even know about. (How many of you have even completed the quest to even get into Bedlam?) Though to me this one sounds like quite a fun challenge. I will now share with you the information I have dug up about this spawn.

The Champion Spawn entrance can be found in the bottom level of the crypt that is farthest west of the entrance to Bedlam, in the graveyard.

Title Rewards
First Tier: Cleanser of the Corrupt
Second Tier: Expunger of the Corrupt
Third Tier: Unknown

Monsters by level:
Level 1 Plague Beast Spawn and Boglings

Level 2 Plague Beasts and Bog Things

Level 3 Plague Beast Lords and Interred Grizzles

Level 4 Fetid Essences and Pestilent Bandages(these from what I have read are pumped up Mummies.)

Champion Ilhenir the Stained (Is rumored to look like the Monstrous Interred Grizzle.)
Hit Points 9000
STR 1250
Stam/DEX 130
INT/Mana 640

Skills:
Wrestling 110+
Tactics 110+
Resist 120
Anat 110+
Poisoning below 10
Magery 100
Eval 100

So should we get a hunt together and go and try to do the Bedlam Spawn soon?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back when Anne ran the friday night hunts...we did them both.

I am sure we can do it again

:)

G

Gladius

Can you announce when you gonna do Bedlam. I'd like to do it again. It's a toughie I think the more folks and pets you got down there the greater the spawns.

Doing the tuition quest and killing the Red Death is fun too.:D

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I was actually looking to see if I still had the pictures from the last one. LOTS of them were in grey scale! LOL I don't know that I've ever died so much in one sitting but I know we laughed a lot. I'd be up for another. :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is another champ that most don't know about.

It is in the temple that houses Miasma. ( I forget the name of the place...I am getting old) I only attempted it once and we never completed it, but I am pretty sure Anne went back with another group and got it done!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Labrynth.

I've done them all but never had enough people to finish the Bedlam one.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the last two weeks, I've done Labyrinth and the Weald (see Hagrid's posts on the subjects), but we're having a dickens of a time getting enough people together to do the Bedlam spawn.

We did the GRI call-out for Bedlam spawn and three people total showed up. So naturally, we did something else. We went to the labyrinth instead where at least 10 people came.

Folk scare off too easily.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Labyrinth.

I've done them all but never had enough people to finish the Bedlam one.

Lol I got a pm from Petra telling me that too.....
How come when we get older we only forget the things we want to remember?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only two "champion spawns" I haven't done are the Labrynth and the Harrower.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it seems that we need to get organized and try and do all three of these spawns. I am sure we can get enough people to come along if we let everyone know when and where to be. It may the only chance for many of you to try and get the new replicas from these spawns, and remember there is strength in numbers.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm shocked Vallend...did you forget that you even posted in the report I did on doing the Twisted Weald Champion Spawn? I even included a screenshot of Twaulo. He is a black hued centaur. Here is a link to that thread. And I even cropped that image of Twaulo and you can find it on uoguide.com here.

I submitted a picture of the raging grizzly to uoguide but I think they didn't like the fact that my mouse wasn't hovering over the bear itself. So, here is a picture of the raging grizzly standing next to one of those Feral Treefellows.

And my goodness, for over a year I've posted about going after Meraktus. Here is the first time a group and myself successfully completed that spawn. Check post number 13.

I have to say I think that my favorite champion spawn is the Labyrinth one. Meraktus is just amazing and fun to kill.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, Thank you Farsight. =-) You definitely have killing Meraktus down to an art. I'd like very much to do it again with you sometime.

In the last two weeks, I've done Labyrinth and the Weald (see Hagrid's posts on the subjects),

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm shocked Vallend...did you forget that you even posted in the report I did on doing the Twisted Weald Champion Spawn? I even included a screenshot of Twaulo. He is a black hued centaur.
Nope Bob I did not forget that I posted there. As I said I want to see those things for myself though. So next time you do one of those you better get hold of me before going. I'm always up for a thrilling spawn.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will do... I'll need to get my karma up a bit though first since last time. I think those pixies want to tear me to shreds on sight. =-P

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will do... I'll need to get my karma up a bit though first since last time. I think those pixies want to tear me to shreds on sight. =-P
I just completed the Twisted Weald and it was tough. The bad news is I missed the Champion completely due to being dead from a Paragon Raging Grizzly. (It one hit killed me.. very nasty.) Overall I would say this is one of the tougher spawns I have done in the last few weeks. Don't ask me how many times I was calmed, and I tried to avoid killing things that would cost me Karma. It took much longer, even with a large group, then the average spawn and a few times it felt like we were not moving forward, but we got it done.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few times we weren't moving forward. But thanks to the addition of a second beetle/bake pair, a disco-tamer with a dragon and yet another dragon, we were able to get past the dreaded satyr/cu level.

Now I'll tell the secret.

Kill the satyr. Kill them quickly. Discord and provoke are your friends here. If you don't have a bard along, then you need at least a dozen people. If you do, we just did it with 9. Cu's take too long to kill and damage your karma. Satyr die pretty quickly, but you have to kill them before they can provoke half the weald on you.

Secret #2: Paragon grizzlies have paragon targetting. That means that they'll attack you if you move. Oddly enough, the four of us who started the spawn all missed the conclusion thanks to the paragon grizzlies (there were 3) by the gate. I thought I could inivs myself before they killed me. I was so wrong (otherwise I could have healed you up).

At the end of it all, we had some fun and didn't get any good stuff out of it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Lol I got a pm from Petra telling me that too.....
How come when we get older we only forget the things we want to remember?
LOL Just think of that really aweful movie with David Bowie.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so glad you got to do that spawn Vallend. I'm also very sorry that I missed it. I didn't think you'd be doing it today. Hehe, but yeah...those enraged grizzlies aren't anything to joke about. lol!

Thank you for the screenshot...I love screen-shots!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a chance to stealth into the Bedlam Champion area tonight to scout around. I was lucky enough to catch one necromancer working it and got to see some of the spawn. The area is small with many objects around so it looks to be a very challenging Spawn to attempt to do. Here is a screan shot I got before I left.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG, That looks like 3 interred grizzles walking around. Sheesh. That one does look to be challenging. May have to organize a huge hunt to do it. =-) And thank you for the screenie.

R

RichDC

It is FUN me and DC* members have now completed that spawn maybe 5times (still no arty though :().

That level you see there is actually the easiest(para fields and tank the grizzs) due to the tiny area the 4th level is hard!!!Stacking fetids is almost guaranteed!