• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has server clustering been given much thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mythic's own title, Dark Age of Camelot, did this successfully --- I know I played DAOC for 5 yrs. Why can't the same idea be brought over into UO in the same fashion? Where we have a new "gate menu" option that takes us into the other clustered servers? This would help the low population servers engage in more player interaction and have more available to them. The EM's from the shards would all equally service that cluster for events, etc. Basically we wouldn't loose our lands, properties, or small shard feel, yet gain (optionally) the ability to cross-shard whenever we wanted to. I see this as a true benefit to the player base.

Gate Menus could function like this:
Select Shard (defaults to the one you are in) > Select Facet (like you see today) > Select City (like you see today)

[_] Atlantic
[X] Catskills
[_] Lake Superior

Status
Not open for further replies.