• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has music in the new client been redone?

K

Kiwillian

I'm sure some of it sounds different. I was in serps yesterday and I hadn't heard that tune before (the drums and pan-flute or w/e it is). Too bad that one's not available for the music box :(

The game kinda needs some more music. Doesn't need to loop constantly (that gets annoying), but just playing now and then.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This game needs a better sound engine anyway. It doesn't work right. Especially environment sounds are pretty messed up.

Btw, you should go into the Blighted Grove dungeon and listen to the environment sounds there. They are fantastic!

K

Kiwillian

The new client uses Miles for audio, same as KR. Lots of games use it, so I suspect it's the client that is the problem. :(

I've noticed that tunes that do loop tend to cut out for a bit when looping. (don't loop!)

I'll try and check out Blighted though. (If I am brave enough - lol)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Serpent's Hold song is Stones - Alternative. It's on the music box. It played on the old 3D and not on KR. I'm glad it's working again on Enhanced Client (grr I hate that name).

F

Fink

Yes, enhanced client, sometimes "enhanced" in the same way that balanced bows are "balanced"..

Regarding audio in general, they need to update the scratchy/fuzzy 11KHz sounds. What a new player hears when they open their inventory for the first time (and every stinking time after that) is almost a full second of white noise. If nothing else, that one sound needs a quality update.