• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has FFXI changed.?

V

Valkyriess

I just recently retured to FFXI after about a 3 year absense. I have a few high lvl jobs and most around 37 with a 74 pld 58 thf and others. Now ive been looking at the other forums trying to figure out what all has changed. For the pld at least what is the main secondary job still war? I have seen some post on other fourms of DD plds and ideas?
Thanks in advance

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game has changed considerably over the last two years I've played, mostly to benefit those new to the game or vets leveling new jobs.

The main subjob for PLD is still WAR. Endgame like in Sky you can change that to NIN. And for Einherjar (sp) I'm seeing the preferred sub being RDM of all things for fast cast, stoneskin, etc.

Welcome back to the game!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just recently retured to FFXI after about a 3 year absense. I have a few high lvl jobs and most around 37 with a 74 pld 58 thf and others. Now ive been looking at the other forums trying to figure out what all has changed. For the pld at least what is the main secondary job still war? I have seen some post on other fourms of DD plds and ideas?
Thanks in advance
Just these days most PLD's augment their regular gear with some DD gear for weapon macro swap outs due to the fast TP burn-style exp. point parties that have become common-place with the ToAU areas.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgot to mention PLD/DNC too. /DNC seems to be a fad everyone is picking up for soloing.