• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

has anyone made the automaton?

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"success chance of making this phenomenal pet is only 5%"

sheesh. if this is the case do you lose "Automaton Actuator" when you fail? that cost 5 turn in points.

Reuggan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can use a talisman as well. Say you have a +25, you can bump it up to 30% success rate.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did make one yesterday, success chance after talisman was 24%. Did take 4 or 5 attempts, lost only ingots. Did cost around 500 ingots at the end.
Not much time to play with it yet.

Agra-Lem

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you post the stats and skills here, please? Thank you!

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, someone did lore it, hp 796, wrestle 101, resist 129, around 50,63,50,50,50 resists for an agapite one.
Did hit discorded toxic sliths for around 150-196 in a short test yesterday. Poison immune .Should do fine on the 4x120 bard.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, someone did lore it, hp 796, wrestle 101, resist 129, around 50,63,50,50,50 resists for an agapite one.
Did hit discorded toxic sliths for around 150-196 in a short test yesterday. Poison immune .Should do fine on the 4x120 bard.
WOW!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
According to Poo alls you lose is INGOTS on the failed attempts.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct, you only lose ingots. There are lore results for an iron and a valorite on the uo wiki page Mechanical Pets.

Things to keep in mind: They can only be controlled by a GM tinker. Not many 4 x 120 bards have tinkering
You can make one from coloured ingots but it won't get the material's properties unless the tinker has enough mining to work the material.
The rebuilt head can be traded to a GM tinker who hasn't read the recipe.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, arguably the best pet in game now. Power level not that far below a GD, and requires only one skill to control and heal. Glad they are adding actually strong, desireable stuff, but yikes. Kinda overkilled it here.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4xbard, +magery for travel, +100 tink. Should be pretty solid.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't wait to make one, my treasure hunter isn't a tamer (I have another char that is a tamer so I never bothered making troll a tamer) but with bard skills this is going to be great.

" It will bond to a GM Tinker, when it is activated."
I wonder what happens if you stone tinkering while it is out of the stable? will it go wild or just sit there and not listen to any commands?

"They can be repaired via tinkering skill, this will take a small amount of time, dependent upon your dexterity"
My mage doesn't have very much dexterity this could be a problem.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been very impressed with the ones I have made not so impressed though with the power you get with only 100 skill points invested. While GDs are powerful they require at least 240 skill points to be dependable and another atleast 100 in vet to keep them in the fight and rez dependably. Took mine up against GDs and they take a GD down pretty easily with a bit of repairing. I can see these being used to make some very over powered PvP templates with very minimal cost in skill points. At least taming is balanced out with the 240-360 skill points invested. 100 skill points in tink can be integrated into a whole lot of templates.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone selling the components to completely make one ? I have a tinkerer, I'm just not very big on, nor do I have the time lately to jump through the hoops I think it takes to get this stuff.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have an inoperative head or two GG. I will drop them in your mail box.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heads are in the regal chest as random loot. The power thingy cost 5 turn in points. The recipe cost 10 points.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will trade a vollem in a crystal for the components to make one..:gee:

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turn in points for what to whom? I've not done much in Eodon.
Kill the stuff in the new dungeon collect the Kotl artifacts and turn them in to the guy at the entrance. Each artifact is worth 1 point. I average 3-6 per hour just killing the lava lizards and Fire Els in the first room. Better drop rate starting the simulation but you have to have the Kotl power coils, do the lever puzzle, then find the right tile.. So in the long run while the drop rate is better at 15-20 for the hour in the simulation its a PITA to thieve the power coils and I hear 2.5 mil to buy them from the NPC. One of the levers is usually a insta death in the puzzle and finding the right tile to cross after you are through the rubble is a pain. So it really works out about the same drop rate per hour killing the first room or the west room dessicated mymredex things

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dungeon entrance go North East out of the gate and follow the road to the last bridge and there are some ruins and the turn in guy after you cross the bridge. Just step on the blue tiles to get dumped in the dungeon.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better you use the moonstone portal in New Mag to the Urali village and then walk some tiny steps south ;)

I can show you later, Tanivar

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I meant to drop the heads off last night. A storm knocked power out so I just went to bed instead. Still need ;em? I will be home this evening.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have enough stuff now to try one of these on my on, thanks to Sinister and Magichands for working the spawn with me. And NO THANKS to Nonel, who can't keep his hands to himself!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I bought the heads from Molly, if those are it. I don't understand though, one person says it costs 2.5 mil to gather this stuff, someone else says you can do it all on your own. What are these actually worth ? As everyone knows, I hate it when items are devalued, but I have no problem paying what they're actually worth either.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The heads can be farmed incredibly easily, they drop quite commonly on the automatons in the north. I noticed something like 1: 20. The rest of the parts require turn-in items which drop around 3-6 items per hour when farmed regularly and 15-25 when done with the chess-game. So, yes - you can farm all party by your own without too much effort.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have enough stuff now to try one of these on my on, thanks to Sinister and Magichands for working the spawn with me. And NO THANKS to Nonel, who can't keep his hands to himself!
You did the main spawn with sinister and magichands? How many drops did you get?
'

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I was getting them from the Regal Chests. Not at a great rate though. I got a couple of the artifacts too. 1k gold and a nice handful of gems.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It was funny and thank you silent to give us the core :)... For the automaton yes it's quite easy farm items but remember there is one ingredient that can't be farmed and you have to buy from a npc in moonglow's lycaeum and it cost 300k :p... Anyway the problem isn't farming all parts but Ingots :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:... I lost 2000 verite ingots and also with a talisman i failed always :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was funny and thank you silent to give us the core :)... For the automaton yes it's quite easy farm items but remember there is one ingredient that can't be farmed and you have to buy from a npc in moonglow's lycaeum and it cost 300k :p... Anyway the problem isn't farming all parts but Ingots :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:... I lost 2000 verite ingots and also with a talisman i failed always :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:
actually, you don't need to buy that part. I made mine with the kotl core I got from the regal boxes.

I have 5 inoperative heads and 5 kotl cores to go with them, but I don't want to sell them
I will trade them for kotl artifacts.

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ouch really? The cores you find in the boxes are the same you need to make automaton??? I tought they were different and in the boxes you find core to start the spawn :twak::twak::twak:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they are the same, different name and the ones that are a quest item are blessed on prodo - not sure about on Siege. The ones from the boxes aren't blessed. Both items do both jobs. You can start the spawn with the quest item, if you can afford it.

you do still need the item that costs 5 kotl arties from the trader

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Garth, here's the breakdown:

To create the automaton, you need:

1 power core = cost $300,000 each in moonglow OR looted from regal chest as an uncommon / rare item

1 recipe = cost 10 kotl turn in items

1 kotl actuator? = cost 5 kotl turn in items

1 inoperative head = found on dead automatons occasionally, or as uncommon / rare drop in regal chest

An asston of ingots

Now, because so many kotl items are needed, you can slog it out killing fire elementals for about 5 hours and take your chances getting ganked
OR
you can trigger kotl spawn using 8 cores (8x300k=2.4mil or have done a lot of chests and collected them).

The spawn runs for about an hour, and between the 3 of us today we got about forty kotl arties.

However, it is a pain in the ass to start, so folks seen to prefer the 5 hour slog unless they have a group.

I have a ton of cores and heads, and I have the recipe now. I believe a gm tink can transfer a created one too another GM tink.

Hope that clears it up.

I sometimes sell 8 cores for 800k for folks wanting to do spawn, or if people want to do it while I'm on I just donate them like this morning.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
100k for cores? I like that.