• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone done all the "Quests" for UO?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am considering undertaking this myself. Started a new character with the plans of training him from zero and going to "end game" content via Questing. Is this possible?

I never really thought of this game as a "questing" but rather a "do what you want" type of sandbox. But I figured id do every quest possible, choose my professions and work through all the available quests.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I maintain a spreadsheet where I'm marking all the quests I've done at least once. I'll note if they are repeatable like for Professional Fishing Quests. But, no, I haven't done them all. Here's a list of the skills with the New Haven quests that have "Unique" rewards. Other skills have quests, but they don't give unique rewards.

SkillNew Haven Quest Reward
Alchemy
AnatomyTunic of Guarding
Animal Lore
Animal Taming
ArcheryHeartseeker
Arms Lore
Begging
BlacksmithingHammer of Hephaestus
BushidoThe Dragon's Tail
Camping
Carpentry
Cartography
ChivalryBulwark Leggings
Cooking
Detect Hidden
Discordance
Eval IntelligenceRing of the Savant
FencingRecaro's Riposte
Fishing
Fletching
FocusClasp of Concentration
Forensics
HealingHealer's Touch
Herding
Hiding
Imbuing
InscriptionHallowed Spellbook
Item Identification
Lock Picking
Lumberjacking
Mace FightingChurchill's War Mace
MageryEmber Staff
MeditationPhilosopher's Hat
MiningJacob's Pickaxe
Musicianship
Mysticism
NecromancyFull Necromancer Spellbook
NinjitsuSilver Serpent Blade
ParryingEscutcheon de Ariadne
Peacemaking
Poisoning
Provocation
Remove Trap
Resisting SpellsBracelet of Resilience
Snooping
Spellweaving
Spirit Speak
Stealing
Stealth
SwordsmanshipJockles' Quicksword
TacticsArms of Armstrong
Tailoring
Taste Identification
Throwing
TinkeringAmelia's Toolbox
Tracking
Veterinary
WrestlingGloves of Safeguarding

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I maintain a spreadsheet where I'm marking all the quests I've done at least once. I'll note if they are repeatable like for Professional Fishing Quests. But, no, I haven't done them all. Here's a list of the skills with the New Haven quests that have "Unique" rewards. Other skills have quests, but they don't give unique rewards.

Alchemy
AnatomyTunic of Guarding
Animal Lore
Animal Taming
ArcheryHeartseeker
Arms Lore
Begging
BushidoThe Dragon's Tail
Camping
Carpentry
Cartography
ChivalryBulwark Leggings
Cooking
Detect Hidden
Discordance
FencingRecaro's Riposte
Fishing
Fletching
Forensics
HealingHealer's Touch
Herding
Hiding
Imbuing
Item Identification
Lock Picking
Lumberjacking
MageryEmber Staff
MiningJacob's Pickaxe
Musicianship
Mysticism
Peacemaking
Poisoning
Provocation
Remove Trap
Snooping
Spellweaving
Spirit Speak
Stealing
Stealth
TacticsArms of Armstrong
Tailoring
Taste Identification
Throwing
Tracking
Veterinary
Holy turd buckets batman. Thats alot of quests. I shall start my endeavours on them this eve!!!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's just the New Haven quests with named rewards. LOL There are a lot more quests if you include the regular rewards or other areas.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
couple years ago i went through a stage where i was decided to get Knight in all Virtues so my circly thing on my paperdoll was all colourful and pretty.
that got me triggered to go out after and try to get every Title that was possible in game.
that took a while!
then i started into the quests.
there is an amazing amount of stuff to do in game which makes me shake my head when someone states "there is nothing to do anymore".
funny thing is, after all these years there is one massive part of the game that i still have yet to do..... fishing!
at some point i want to go out and get all the special fish on my wall, i want to get all the baits, i want to get into the fish market stuff.... there is just sooo much content there.
maybe next winter.....

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
couple years ago i went through a stage where i was decided to get Knight in all Virtues so my circly thing on my paperdoll was all colourful and pretty.
that got me triggered to go out after and try to get every Title that was possible in game.
that took a while!
there is an amazing amount of stuff to do in game which makes me shake my head when someone states "there is nothing to do anymore".
funny thing is, after all these years there is one massive part of the game that i still have yet to do..... fishing!
at some point i want to go out and get all the special fish on my wall, i want to get all the baits, i want to get into the fish market stuff.... there is just sooo much content there.
maybe next winter.....
After getting honesty do you just not buy from NPC vendors anymore?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that took a while!
maybe next winter.....
This is literally my thought. When I was younger, I was mega focused on the PvP and Factions when it started. Then I took a few years off and came back and realized there is so much to do in this game. Ill probably never finish it all. So im always shocked when people say they are bored lol. This is the most casual ass game ever.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is literally my thought. When I was younger, I was mega focused on the PvP and Factions when it started. Then I took a few years off and came back and realized there is so much to do in this game. Ill probably never finish it all. So im always shocked when people say they are bored lol. This is the most casual ass game ever.
I tried doing professional fishing quests and MIBs and Merchant Ships/Beacons. After 3 (Not Exaggerating) Days of fishing for 5 hours a day during meetings, I caught 1 Shovel Nosed Lobster for a crate requiring 10. And I caught 1 Blue Crab for a second crate requiring 10.

I tried grinding Honesty and even macro'd my Forensics up to 100. I even figured out how to easily find and identify the specific person by setting my Mobile filters in EC. I'd grab a dozen or so lost items using the control+shift and go turn them in to the specific people. Lost it all the first time I bought something from an NPC vendor.

I tried the one thing that wasn't RNG in this game and made a big beautiful spreadsheet to get every plant. But, low and behold, it was popular consensus to leave a "bug" in the game that made them random.

People were very generous with giving me the item, but I don't play video games to not play video games. I am genuinely appreciative for the gifts, however, because I did like collecting them and I would have not had a full collection.

So I tried monster hunting and getting all the Ilshenar artifacts... That went pretty well for a while. Surprisingly well. It was one of the few things I thought the time/reward were pretty good.

So I tried collecting the Daemon Bone Armor set... After a WEEK of not getting a skull helm, I gave up.

Anyways... just because there's stuff to do it doesn't mean it's not boring.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I tried grinding Honesty and even macro'd my Forensics up to 100. I even figured out how to easily find and identify the specific person by setting my Mobile filters in EC. I'd grab a dozen or so lost items using the control+shift and go turn them in to the specific people. Lost it all the first time I bought something from an NPC vendor.
That must've been one huge purchase!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
After getting honesty do you just not buy from NPC vendors anymore?
with that character, correct, he no longer buys from the NPC's.
but he's rich.
he can have other characters run to the store to get him snacks and stuff.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Alchemy
AnatomyTunic of Guarding
Animal Lore
Animal Taming
ArcheryHeartseeker
Arms Lore
Begging
BushidoThe Dragon's Tail
Camping
Carpentry
Cartography
ChivalryBulwark Leggings
Cooking
Detect Hidden
Discordance
FencingRecaro's Riposte
Fishing
Fletching
Forensics
HealingHealer's Touch
Herding
Hiding
Imbuing
Item Identification
Lock Picking
Lumberjacking
MageryEmber Staff
MiningJacob's Pickaxe
Musicianship
Mysticism
Peacemaking
Poisoning
Provocation
Remove Trap
Snooping
Spellweaving
Spirit Speak
Stealing
Stealth
TacticsArms of Armstrong
Tailoring
Taste Identification
Throwing
Tracking
Veterinary
is the town cryer quests on your list?

some that give rewards or reward titles
(the Hero of Minoc, The Judge, the Warden of Wrong)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
is the town cryer quests on your list?

some that give rewards or reward titles
(the Hero of Minoc, The Judge, the Warden of Wrong)
No, those are just the "New Haven Quests". It's not even 100%. It's just the ones that give you unique named rewards. There are others that give rewards, but they are not uniquely named. For example, Hiding gives Smoke Bombs.

What's the Town Cryer quest? I'll look it up.

Thanks for any help.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
No, those are just the "New Haven Quests". It's not even 100%. It's just the ones that give you unique named rewards. There are others that give rewards, but they are not uniquely named. For example, Hiding gives Smoke Bombs.

What's the Town Cryer quest? I'll look it up.

Thanks for any help.
go to a town crier
double click them to get the pop-up

1710902495298.png
click the eye on the left and they tell you where to go
(the bottom one is for treasure hunters)

1710902645821.png

basically everything but the top 5 posts
are some kind of quest
that helps you learn how to do the dungeons
some give a reward item others give titles

there is one that tells how to do the quest for underwater
(no reward, but it is a good for newer players to learn it)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
go to a town crier
double click them to get the pop-up

View attachment 152753
click the eye on the left and they tell you where to go
(the bottom one is for treasure hunters)

View attachment 152754

basically everything but the top 5 posts
are some kind of quest
that helps you learn how to do the dungeons
some give a reward item others give titles

there is one that tells how to do the quest for underwater
(no reward, but it is a good for newer players to learn it)
Ah, yea, I'll have to think about that one. Those to me are more akin to breadcrumbs leading to content than actual quests. Maybe when I expand my list to include major content, I'll mention the breadcrumbs that can lead to each one?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ah, yea, I'll have to think about that one. Those to me are more akin to breadcrumbs leading to content than actual quests. Maybe when I expand my list to include major content, I'll mention the breadcrumbs that can lead to each one?
yes, these quests teach you how to do those dungeons.

example: What is wrong in Wrong?
there are multiple steps where you have to return to the same npc, who tells you what to kill. then at the end you get a reward title "the Warden of Wrong"
(this is the only way you can get that title)
(you can set these titles at Halloween time to get named bones with the title. )

these quests would be good for people who have trained up at Haven and then want to learn what else to do. (i do suggest though that they train up their skill more for killing the Ogre cook though. To call out in chat for help if needed)