• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Harvest Festival Story Telling Contest!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1698956218708.png
1698956232702.png

Submissions must be posted on the official forums. If you do not wish to, you can have someone else post it for you.

Show some creativity!​

Last edited:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Larisa, please quickly correct this Thread Title & Image, otherwise you risk the intervention of the Woke Thought Police that raided the UO Forum original Thread!!!:eek::sad2::cool::p

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drove by a neighborhood sign announcing their harvest festival, was gonna stop and take a picture of it.

Does not matter to me what it or any other time of year is called. As long as there is food.

My phone calander calls Nov 24th, the 4th Thursday in November, Native American Heritage day. I call it Dallas Cowboys football day.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ironically columbus was hired by Spain and the Spanish colonized more of the world..but gett a pass because they are brown ?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Silly decision on behalf of the developers. :wall:

Never the less, let's steer clear of any political implications and keep comments related to Ultima Online.

Between this and the Halloween contest, looks to me like Community Manager will be engaging on a regular basis, a nice touch.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what did i miss what was it called before ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Merlin is correct in the new gal is writing some parts of the Newsletter:

1698966132139.png

They usually do not name the last 2 Holidays. So we are gonna get repeat drama after this one.

Holiday Backpack Art :devil: .

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Onixia The Paladin

Journeyman
Governor
I already posted my story on uo.com but for those that do not go there at all here is my entry for your reading pleasure:

The Tale of Onixia and The Trolls

In the Kingdom of Britannia there lived a noble lass named Onixia. She was a brave swordswoman who fought for justice across the land. Often you would find her travelling across the world vanquishing evil in its many forms. She was known as one of the fiercest paladin warriors in Britannia. One day, Onixia was on her way to Trinsic to celebrate the upcoming Harvest Festival with all her Paladin friends. They had planned a huge elaborate feast and there would be much merriment. She soon came across a small wooden bridge. As she crossed over it, she suddenly heard Trolls speaking from underneath. She quietly pulled out her sword and crouched in silence, listening to their conversation. Onixia had learned Troll and several other creature languages over the years. It had come in handy and had saved her life on many occasions.

“Mama, what are we going to do? We have not eaten in over a week. My tummy hurts. It is so hungry it is making dragon noises”

“Hush, Lithara. Hopefully a nice plump rabbit or hind might wander our way soon. If I had not injured my foot in that hunters’ trap I could go out and hunt for something for us to eat. I am so sorry this happened little one. We must be patient”

“It is okay Mama; I can wait longer. I can be brave.”

“You are a good and sweet daughter Lithara. Sometimes I think I don’t deserve you”

“Yes you do. I love you Mama”

“I love you too my brave trolling”

Onixia, silently made her way to the edge of the bridge and looked underneath it. She saw a large, but skinny, Mother Troll holding her little trolling in her huge arms. She was gently rocking her back and forth. Her bloody swollen left foot wrapped in moss and leaves. Onixia’s heart went out to them both. Those poor trolls. How sad. She could not leave them in good conscience knowing that most likely they would soon starve. She made her way into the nearby woods in search of game. She soon came across a few plump rabbits and eventually, a goat wandering in the wild. She dispatched them all quickly and humanely. Afterwards, she strung up the rabbits together and tossed them over her shoulder, as she dragged the goat back to the bridge.

When she was close to the bridge she heard the mother Troll exclaim,

“Hush Lithara! I hear someone coming. If I tell you to run, you run as fast as you can and don’t look back!”

“But Mama, I can’t leave you alone.”

“Just do what I say Lithara. I could not bear to lose you”

Speaking in Troll, Onixia shouted, “Hello! Please do not be alarmed or fear me trolls. I am bringing you some food. I heard you talking about your situation and could not let you starve, especially when the Harvest Festival is almost upon us.”

Onixia then made her way under the bridge and stood in the dim light before them. She could see the fear on their faces. The Mother Troll clutched her trolling tightly to her chest.

“Here I will leave you these nice plump rabbits and this lovely goat I caught for you both”

Onixia then left her offerings on top of a nice flat rock that looked as if it was being used as a table. As she turned to leave, the mother troll suddenly spoke.

“Thank you kind stranger. You have no idea of how much this means to me to be able to feed my trolling. Blessings upon you. Would you like to stay and join us in this bountiful feast you have provided?”

Onixia looked at the smiling and tired face of the Mother Troll and then at the little trolling who was shyly looking out from underneath her Mama’s arms.

“I would be honored to join you both in a meal”

And so the unlikely trio soon were dining under the bridge on the plump spit fired rabbits. They spent a lovely evening together, each of them giving thanks for different reasons.

The trolls gave thanks for Onixia and the food she provided. They knew that she had saved them from starvation. Onixia gave her thanks that in helping these Trolls, it made her remember that Harvest Festival is not about large elaborate dinners and parties, but for moments like this. Being with your family, making new friends, and helping those in need.

The End

(as told by Orenda from NPH Guild on Origin)