• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Happy Birthday Catskills!

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If my addled mind is remembering correctly, the Catskills server went live on this date in 1997. I know it was right before Christamas and since back then most updates were done on Tuesdays, I will go with the 23rd even though the 22nd was in my mind for some reason.

I took the day off planning on getting a head start on the people who I figured would soon be getting UO in their stockings. I spent a lot of the day in Despise beating on the earth elementals and running for healers. After playing much later than usual I finally went to bed, only to wake and find that there had been a revert of about 3 hours, that I was still in Despise and not safely at the Brit inn, and that the sceen was just going gray. Ah the days of dial-up and random reverts. One of the few parts of the game that I don't miss.

I want to thank all the people over the last 197 EA months (194 RL months), both in-game and here, some still playing, some that have moved on to other adventures, and a few that have left us forever that have kept me entertained and are the reason that I always want back for more. Let's hope we get many more.

Be safe and fair travels to all.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My first day was spent making wooden shields under the gate into Trinsic. Id hand them out as people ran by.

Of course, I would also run out and loot bodies as people kept dying. Good times