• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween - just 2 months away

B

Beastmaster

Looking forward to it?

In conjunction with the new content coming, I think I'd like to get white pearls and brilliant amber with my GM beggar this year.

How about you?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*puts on scruffiest rags and looks up at wingdingthing gargoyle* "Please, might you donate a fragment relic to my tedious training of imbuing? Being a crafter, I will have difficulty in acquiring items that requires slaying creatures. Pretty please, with gargoyle cream pie on top?"

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want ratty, beat up, torn, dirty, raggy looking clothes.

W

Warrior of Time

Sorry, I still want to tell people I am a beggar with a interactive statue. Tamers get to tell others they are GM by the pets they have. And everyone gets to show it with fame and karma. The time it takes to gain the skill. We don't even have a monster title display.

I am not a grouch, just persistent. I think it comes natural from trying to gain skill.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One good side for me not being able to upgrade my account just yet - I've gone from 0-72 begging in just under 3 days :D

However, still feel like the kid that gets sick in summer and can't go to the beach with her friends... stuck inside looking forlorn and bored out of my mind :(

S

Scarab

is it just me or are there a lot less beggar training posts this year compared to the last few right before Halloween? perhaps everyone who wants a beggar for ToT'ing has already trained one up in years past

ah well, I'm stuck in the midst of my grind to GM. mid 90's at the moment. I'm hoping to hit 100 before the festivities begin, but we'll see how that goes once the gains slow to the crawl I've read about in other threads

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in all the excitement of the past couple months completely forgot about beggar....... working him hard, and the elves are very generous, but not sure I'll make it for Halloween

did manage to get two new-to-me items tonite, a fishing pole and little bottle of sake

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did manage to get two new-to-me items tonite, a fishing pole and little bottle of sake
What the hell?!?! You got sake from traning? I've been GM for nearly a year and still haven't gotten that damn Sake!!!

I WANT MY SAKE BOTTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!11111!!ONE!

Damn pointy ears. They're screwing with me. They think I'd rather have water and french bread instead of sake.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad3: sorry, Black Sun, and don't mean to make you feel worse, but got that little bottle at just below 80 skill

he's at 83 right now.... I'll post back here in a few days with his progress (and yes, going at it full force, which for me is about a 20 minute stretch at a time ;) )

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what I'm more upset about, not getting my sake yet, or having gotten a plate of cookies back in the mid 60's while training, and thinking I already had one and throwing them away.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kay, just a tiny bit hesitant to post this.... currently at 88.2 skill and have in my beggin' bag three fishsteaks, fishing pole, little bottle of sake, four pitchers of wine, a bottle of wine (are they always empty? sheesh) and holy cow a turnip :)

don't mention this to Black Sun, please :eyes:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kay, just a tiny bit hesitant to post this.... currently at 88.2 skill and have in my beggin' bag three fishsteaks, fishing pole, little bottle of sake, four pitchers of wine, a bottle of wine (are they always empty? sheesh) and holy cow a turnip :)

don't mention this to Black Sun, please :eyes:
I've got one of every begging "rare" except for the sake and the cookies. And yes, the wine bottles are always empty. I'm not positive, but I think you can fill them with anything you want.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the hell?!?! You got sake from traning? I've been GM for nearly a year and still haven't gotten that damn Sake!!!

I WANT MY SAKE BOTTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!11111!!ONE!

Damn pointy ears. They're screwing with me. They think I'd rather have water and french bread instead of sake.
I've been GM for 2 years and still no sake for me :(

Oh well. Such is the RNG hehe.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ori, At first I thought that would make me feel better.
Turns out it made me feel worse. I don't want to wait that long.

S

Scarab

Welp, finally GM'd earlier today, just in time! Didn't spend much time in Heartwood, although I did pick up a turnip yesterday. Bring on Halloween!

Now all I gotta do is redecorate my house ...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember the day I GM'd. I hired 6 npc fighters and took them to heart island so they couldn't run away, and I set up a macro to beg all 6 of them in a row. I spent the majority of a day out there to GM. I ended up with roughly 40k when I was done. All from begging.

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
98.5 so far, after months of training wrong until I actually read the FAQ (doh). Trying for 0.5 a day, so should be there in time hopefully.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've got one of every begging "rare" except for the sake and the cookies. And yes, the wine bottles are always empty. I'm not positive, but I think you can fill them with anything you want.
Where do you beg tram or fel?
I got mine cookies and sake in fel.

S

Scarab

Thanks!!

I remember the day I GM'd. I hired 6 npc fighters and took them to heart island so they couldn't run away, and I set up a macro to beg all 6 of them in a row. I spent the majority of a day out there to GM. I ended up with roughly 40k when I was done. All from begging.
I did the majority of my training in the Papua mage shop. Tons of NPC's all clustered together. I didn't really keep track of my earnings, but I think I made closer to 100k, all told

Good luck to everyone else who's still training!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you beg tram or fel?
I got mine cookies and sake in fel.
Tram usually. I never thought to try fel.
I did the majority of my training in the Papua mage shop. Tons of NPC's all clustered together. I didn't really keep track of my earnings, but I think I made closer to 100k, all told
I did my traning on dot isle for the last stretch. Maybe 4 full points at most.

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I may have been overdoing the training lately.

GMd begging in my sleep last night. Not unattended macroing, cos a) that would be Bad, and b) wouldn't have a clue how, but in a very vivd *dream*. Even dreaming I was a bit suspicious that the last few gains were coming a bit fast (i.e. pretty much 0.1 per beg), but took them anyway, GMd (very pleased), then re-arranged the EC journal log thing and started up UO ScreenGrab to capture the moment.

Woke up. Very disappointed *sigh*. Back in the real world, 99.0 and counting :(

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I may have been overdoing the training lately.

GMd begging in my sleep last night. Not unattended macroing, cos a) that would be Bad, and b) wouldn't have a clue how, but in a very vivd *dream*. Even dreaming I was a bit suspicious that the last few gains were coming a bit fast (i.e. pretty much 0.1 per beg), but took them anyway, GMd (very pleased), then re-arranged the EC journal log thing and started up UO ScreenGrab to capture the moment.

Woke up. Very disappointed *sigh*. Back in the real world, 99.0 and counting :(
I hate when that happens.
Once, I had a very vivid dream what I won a million dollars. Someone gave me the check, and I went up to my bedroom, put it in the middle desk drawer, and climbed in bed and went to sleep. As soon as I fell asleep in my dream, I woke up IRL and proceed to tear my desk apart looking for that check.

That was the worst morning ever.

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would indeed suck :sad4: Doesn't do your heart a lot of good either.

Went back to the grind tho, and GMd properly this time. Roll on Halloween :spider:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after my last report at 88.2 my good friend Uriah went out and found a bunch of begging SoT's which brought me up to 93.2, and for days I pretty much did nothing but train begging..... I guess he got a bit bored waiting for me to GM it, so when I was around 97.5 he went and found some more and those took me up over 99

night before last my beggar went to Uriah's house, led him to the farmer's house in Skara and begged from Quincy the farmer there for his last gain :) and as I told him at the time, it matters not that some skills go over 100, getting to that number in any skill at all still gives me a little rush

F

Flora Green

WTG, DevilsOwn! :D I've pretty much given up having it GM'd this year. Which is really pathetic considering I've been at it for over 2 years.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on now. You can do it!!
I started really pushing it after the Halloween event started last year. I managed to GM and get 3 webs before it ended.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flora, you need to get yourself a Uriah! :D honestly, if I didn't have that cheering section not certain I would have kept at it

hmm... . . maybe I could rent him out ;)

S

Scarab

Someone made an off-hand comment in another thread to the effect that there is not going to be any trick or treating this year. Is this true? Have any rednames posted either way?

F

Freya/Passion

*Cheers* Yaaa!! Me to I'm so excited for Halloween this year, I just wish we had a start date...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flora, you need to get yourself a Uriah! :D honestly, if I didn't have that cheering section not certain I would have kept at it

hmm... . . maybe I could rent him out ;)
Renting out Uriah? That makes it sound like you have him chained up in a closet and only bring him out when you need him for something.