• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hall Of Thieves

S

Shinobi

I've decided that in our guild house on Atlantic, i'm going to create a Hall Of Thieves. Other thieves will elect a thief to be up for consideration. If inducted into the Hall Of Thieves, that thief will have a statue made of him/her, and a book will be placed in front of it explaining the background of the thief. I'm posting this in order to possibly get suggestions of current/past thieves who should be inducted into it. The requirements so far are as follows:

Must have played thief frequently for 2 years bare minimum (it'll be rare that a 2 year old thief will be inducted, but if they are an extremely great thief, it's possible)

Must have proof of many great steals

Must stand out among other thieves

We will be very strict when deciding who is to be inducted into the Hall Of Thieves. I currently only have 15 spots for statues, and i don't plan on filling them anytime soon. If in the future (hopefully years down the line) there are more, i can expand the room. So if you can think of any thieves you think should be put up for consideration, please let me know. Here are the thieves i'm considering at the moment:

Galad (don't know much about him myself...but i couldn't help but hear of him in all the years i've been a thief, any info about him would be appreciated)

seightenne, leader of GOR

Chad Sexington, leader of THIEF and owner of uothief.com

pimp daddy, emissary of P0O

P.S. I am not the only one who decides on who should be put in the Hall Of Thieves. I will have a board of at LEAST 5 thieves, each of which should know a lot about the thief class, past and present.

S

Shinobi

lol, noob...la
Haha yeah rico i'm the newb. You're the one who does nothing but post nonstop on these boards, while i'm out trying to keep the class alive on a real shard. Dude, you play SIEGE, with NO INSURANCE...and i still make better steals than you do. You can bet you won't be in the hall because you're nothing but talk. You have an undeserved ego, not to mention you're 39 years old. How about you stop posting on game forums and go have a midlife crisis or something. OH WAIT, maybe pretending that you're an amazing thief on an online game by posting and making crappy steals on a fake shard IS your midlife crisis...la?

You're the one who always starts crap between us. My posts are in no way directed to you but you always have to open your mouth. Why do you pick fights on a forum? All i'm doing is helping the class. Hell dude, i've even allied S|S on Atlantic and i'm trying to help YOUR guild, which you've abandoned completely, get back on it's feet. Honest John still believes in it so i'm doin it to help him...not you. You're the one who gave up and ran crying to Siege when insurance came out, but John stayed. So how about you keep doing your "...la" thing on these forums, and we'll keep being real thieves (and yeah go ahead and talk about how i'm a scammer and not a thief nor will ever be a thief and all that crap blah blah blah). I've said it a million times and i'll say it again...it's how we've adapted to insurance, if the item is STOLEN with the STEALING skill, then it's a steal no matter how you look at it.

P.S. I didn't make this thread to start a fight with newbs like rico...if anyone ELSE has some actual input, please say so.

S

Shinobi

Yes you are. You nominate Galad while admitting to not really knowing who he is/was. Yes, that is newbish...to the nth degree...la
By the time i started playing, Galad was long gone. I didn't start until AoS, and never got the chance to meet him. So yeah i COULD go off of rumors and what-not that i've heard, but i was hoping to find someone who knew him personally or at least was associated with him enough to be able to go into detail about him.

P.S. He's been NOMINATED...that doesn't mean that he's in it already. But based on what i've heard over the years about how great he was, i'd assume he would be put in.

R

Remy_of_GOR

ill second seightenne's nomination.

when pac's first two large thieves guilds left, he started GOR. he brought together a massive ammount of thieves at a time the thief class was dying. this started an offshoot pirate guid, and an offshoot faction guild. all three guilds were thief-oriented. he also took GOR to atlantic, although this guild didnt do as well when he left for iraq.

he was never overly selfish, and would give anything he had to help those in his guild. he helped people learn to steal quite well, and promoted honorable thieving.

also, he helped build the GOR Library(which was given in confidence to an ex-BUB who immediately dismantled it and sold off the goods :/), the GOR bridge from magincia to occlo, and GOR's east server line blockade.

S

Shinobi

And I'm the newb? ROFL...la
Rico, honestly, i'm not even paying attention to you anymore. You're 39 years old yet you act like you're 12.

ill second seightenne's nomination.

when pac's first two large thieves guilds left, he started GOR. he brought together a massive ammount of thieves at a time the thief class was dying. this started an offshoot pirate guid, and an offshoot faction guild. all three guilds were thief-oriented. he also took GOR to atlantic, although this guild didnt do as well when he left for iraq.

he was never overly selfish, and would give anything he had to help those in his guild. he helped people learn to steal quite well, and promoted honorable thieving.

also, he helped build the GOR Library(which was given in confidence to an ex-BUB who immediately dismantled it and sold off the goods :/), the GOR bridge from magincia to occlo, and GOR's east server line blockade.
Thanks for all the info Remy. I'm pretty sure we're gonna put seightenne in it. I don't wanna say yes for sure because we've yet to even form a complete board of thieves. But some thieves, like the ones i listed above, are shoe-in's. When he's put in i'll be sure to add this info into his book.

So right now i'm still looking for detailed info on Galad. And i'm sure i have plenty of info about Chad from his site haha. But you can never have too much info, so if anyone feels like adding some stuff, feel free to post. Also, feel free to post names of thieves you'd like to nominate.

T

The Green Thief

I also nominate Rico, on the grounds that he paved the way for disrespectful know-it-all new age thieves like yourself.

Other than Rico I would nominate Chaoticjelly, CrazyJoe, Galad, Squirrel Pope, and a few others who's names escape me at the moment.

Edit: AtomForce, Pathagiris, Neon Ninja, Lonegamer. Still others out there...

S

Shinobi

I also nominate Rico, on the grounds that he paved the way for disrespectful know-it-all new age thieves like yourself.
Pleassssse tell me you're talking to ShadowJack lol. Rico didn't pave the way for me, all he paved was a path straight to these boards where he stays 24/7. Big bad moderator...that's pure skill eh?

Other than Rico I would nominate Chaoticjelly, CrazyJoe, Galad, Squirrel Pope, and a few others who's names escape me at the moment.

Edit: AtomForce, Pathagiris, Neon Ninja, Lonegamer. Still others out there...
I think i'm gonna try to form some kinda board of thieves here on stratics. I'd like to have this be widespread with input from all shards. Lemme figure some things out and i'll post back in a bit.

T

The Green Thief

Pleassssse tell me you're talking to ShadowJack lol. Rico didn't pave the way for me, all he paved was a path straight to these boards where he stays 24/7. Big bad moderator...that's pure skill eh?
No, ShadowJack is cool with me, as he doesn't talk **** about thieving legends. I actually think I sold him my old account once upon a time. You on the other hand...

You wouldn't have any idea what Rico was doing from 1997-2003 , would you? Nope, because you started when thieves were already on the downward slope. Does it anger you to learn I no longer play Ultima Online? Are you suddenly filled with rage at the fact that I played UO from 1999-2005, but the closed my account when the game was ruined? Have you suddenly earned the right to be a ****** to me because I hang out here now?

You need to step back and literally **** your own face before you start attacking thieving legends who were playing this long game before you were even allowed on the computer by your parents.

S

ShadowJack

I've pulled off **** you'd never believe but I don't care, it was all in fun, but at least rico has a little of that old thief attitude and has stuck with this pos game for a while. Since AOS I can't bring myself to reactivate my account(s) for more than 1 month a year.

Yeah I did buy one of your accounts back in the day Caine, being the greedy person I was, once my account was worth more than 300 I'd sell them (which used to take about a week lol)

I've probably had more than 50 different accounts, if any of you are playing on an account called Mordinth then that's my first one from 97

It was a good 5 - 6 years, but the eq newbs and babies ruined it all.

Hell I'll even nominate Gwen the thief, that beyotch and Animosity *****d the bucs den server lines so much I couldn't stand her. I still wonder if they were someone known playing with a different name to get away with cheesy tactics

Other nominations

Darkblade
Velona
Oly
Jelly
Joe
Galad
Belan
Otto
PaperKutz

damn there were so many of us, I can't even remember, the thief class used to be the dankness

S

Shinobi

No, ShadowJack is cool with me, as he doesn't talk **** about thieving legends. I actually think I sold him my old account once upon a time. You on the other hand...

You wouldn't have any idea what Rico was doing from 1997-2003 , would you? Nope, because you started when thieves were already on the downward slope. Does it anger you to learn I no longer play Ultima Online? Are you suddenly filled with rage at the fact that I played UO from 1999-2005, but the closed my account when the game was ruined? Have you suddenly earned the right to be a ****** to me because I hang out here now?

You need to step back and literally **** your own face before you start attacking thieving legends who were playing this long game before you were even allowed on the computer by your parents.
Someone who gave up on the class because of something as tiny as insurance coming along is not a Thieving Legend. The ones who keep playing and try to keep the class from dying are legends. Actually, I shouldn't say "keep the class from dying" because, as much as i know you guys HATE to believe this, thieves aren't dead...and never were. Just because it takes a little more cunning now-days to steal good items doesn't mean we're dead.

I make so much gold, STRICTLY from stealing, on a regular basis that i can toss mil checks around. Hell, i love to drop a mil check on the ground at tram brit, have everyone start chasing me, then drop it in the trash can just to watch them all go "AWWWWWWW WTF." But i always said when i steal everything i want in this game, i'd play the robin hood role. So that's why 90% of the money i get now goes to either helping the thieves in my guild, or just random newbs. Point being, literally the ONLY form of income in this game i've ever had is from stealing...so don't tell me it's dead.

Also, Rico always is the one who starts **** with me. You guys complain because i'm bashing him, but that's because he's bashing me for no reason. And on top of that, i asked for specific reasons why he should be put in. All i've heard so far is that he apparently has a "legendary attitude".

I don't normally post on stratics now because thieves always jump me when i try to talk about how the thief class isn't dead. You guys have it welded in your minds that we're all dead and there's no bringing us back. Fine, believe what you want. But i'm not here to fight, i really want to make this Hall Of Thieves into something great. So please let's just put everything we hate about each other aside and try to do this.

And yet again, i'm still trying to come up with a logical way to elect thieves into the hall. I'll post back when i figure everything out.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

I nominate "Hobbes"

He dragged my butt kicking and screaming into this godforsaken game and I've loved just about every minute of it. He showed me the tricks of the trade and had some really good times with a few members of S|S. He had some great steals, some good kills and was an all around decent guy. Handed out quite a few counts with Tailor Hobbes if memory serves me......LOL

T

The Green Thief

Shadowjack, get off rico's **** u ***got. This 39 year old virgin is living in 2003. Stopped playing when you aos came out rico? You aint **** *****, stopped playing then and now you're still elite?? pancake please, you a crack head pancake.
Its almost 2009....6 years later you ain't ****......la.
Hmmm, pretty sure this post is 100% inappropriate. By the way, your arguments can be conveyed much more effectively if you use proper spelling and grammar, instead of your 'Ghetto G' dialect.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stealing was never about the money, it was about the thrill, the chase, the setup.
Exactly. I have as much fun on my thief today, stealing bandies and regs in the middle of a faction battle to take people out of the fight, then I did gate hopping with my disarmer back in the old days.

Shinobi said:
literally the ONLY form of income in this game i've ever had is from stealing...so don't tell me it's dead.
Ditto.

Real thieves play production. ;)

S

Shinobi

I can appreciate what you are doing for the class, I really can, and it's good that someone is stepping up to ensure 'new thieves' get the most out of the game as they can. Tossing million dollar checks around is just evidence of a screwed up economy though, not wealth beyond belief. And you say your ability to steal these items proves stealing isn't dead, I would disagree. Stealing was never about the money, it was about the thrill, the chase, the setup. The days finding something decent to steal are gone, with a few rare exceptions. The addition of item insurance, trammel, passive stealth detection, etc. have taken stealing to the point where it is less about fun and more about just sitting there for hours at a time waiting for an opportunity. Because invariably, someone out of the 1000 people you snoop that day might have forgotten to renew insurance and you have the opportunity to get something good. But the point is, stealing is dead for the people who saw the golden age, and unfortunately I doubt we will ever see something like that again.
Well coming from ya'lls point of view i understand. I've always said that i'm lucky i started after AoS, because if i saw how stealing was before...i might have quit with you guys.

Ditto.

Real thieves play production. ;)
Thank you.

C

Chaosy

If you are the Shinobi on Atlantic, then you are by far the most absent-minded thief I have ever seen playing the game.

S

Shinobi

If you are the Shinobi on Atlantic, then you are by far the most absent-minded thief I have ever seen playing the game.
Yeah, not sure what ya mean by this...but i am pretty ******** in-game lol. For some reason i take this as a compliment haha.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because all i've ever seen from Rico is nothing but talk and la.
Maybe that's because you play a production shard? Maybe that's because you started playing this game after the release of AoS? Maybe that's because you might as well not have stealing in your template?

I have played a thief for a couple of years...I never have been one to hang out and shoot the **** in-game. I was either stealing something...or waiting 2 minutes to turn blue/green again. What did I do during those frequent 2 minutes? OMG!!! Post here...go figure...la

S

Shinobi

Maybe that's because you play a production shard? Maybe that's because you started playing this game after the release of AoS? Maybe that's because you might as well not have stealing in your template?

I have played a thief for a couple of years...I never have been one to hang out and shoot the **** in-game. I was either stealing something...or waiting 2 minutes to turn blue/green again. What did I do during those frequent 2 minutes? OMG!!! Post here...go figure...la
Like i said...nothing but talk. Rico i'm not trying to be an ass i'm giving you a fair shot like everyone else. I want this thing to be as un-biased as it can be. I know i said earlier that you'd never make it in, but that wouldn't be fair. But all i'm seeing is more talk. Just give me a list of great items you've stolen, things you've done, just general reasons why. If you're as great a thief as everyone says...you should have great stories. I saw someone congratulating you on stealing Blight, and that kinda makes me sick. And yes i've already seen your youtube video, what else ya got. Here's all i can think of for you so far:

Stuck with the arrogant thief attitude all these years.
Still plays after all this time because of the thrill of the chase.

P.S. Here's what i've thought up so far for a stratics board of thieves. All i can think of is to make a thread with the name of a thief, and a poll asking for people to vote Yes, No, or Who The Hell Is That? The replies in the thread would be from people either arguing why the thief should be elected in, or why not. The replies would also help bring up information that could be added into the thief's book if they're put in the Hall. If anyone else has a better idea please let me know.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shinobi this is how you steal:

1) Join a trammel guild on a shard where people don't know you. Steal from your new "guildmates".
2) You pretend to be buying a blessed item in fel and convince some moron to unbless it.
3) You dare some moron on a "You can't insure an item back before I can steal it" and well..

I suppose all of those things are what you would expect a thief in real life to be doing but in terms of UO lore it leans more towards scamming than stealing. Especially point #1 which I think is a very destructive behavior.

The above coupled with the fact that you have never really even attempted to steal powerscrolls makes you definitely more of a con artist than a UO thief in my eyes. I have encountered many thieves in the past 12 years in Ultima online - some added thrill to the game even if I was a victim and some were borderline trolls. I know which category I would put you in. Sorry.

Oh, and no precious for you. Still. :/

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like i said...nothing but talk. Rico i'm not trying to be an ass i'm giving you a fair shot like everyone else. I want this thing to be as un-biased as it can be. I know i said earlier that you'd never make it in, but that wouldn't be fair. But all i'm seeing is more talk. Just give me a list of great items you've stolen, things you've done, just general reasons why. If you're as great a thief as everyone says...you should have great stories. I saw someone congratulating you on stealing Blight, and that kinda makes me sick. And yes i've already seen your youtube video, what else ya got. Here's all i can think of for you so far:

Stuck with the arrogant thief attitude all these years.
Still plays after all this time because of the thrill of the chase.

P.S. Here's what i've thought up so far for a stratics board of thieves. All i can think of is to make a thread with the name of a thief, and a poll asking for people to vote Yes, No, or Who The Hell Is That? The replies in the thread would be from people either arguing why the thief should be elected in, or why not. The replies would also help bring up information that could be added into the thief's book if they're put in the Hall. If anyone else has a better idea please let me know.
Dude, when I am interested in impressing you with my exploits...I'll let you know. Until then...well...I'll keep it civil, lol...la

C

Chaosy

Yeah, not sure what ya mean by this...but i am pretty ******** in-game lol. For some reason i take this as a compliment haha.
Well, let me put it in another light: I would tell you to stick to your red DP fencer, but you're just as bad on him. So bad that I'm not sure why you haven't given up yet.

S

Shinobi

Shinobi this is how you steal:

1) Join a trammel guild on a shard where people don't know you. Steal from your new "guildmates".
2) You pretend to be buying a blessed item in fel and convince some moron to unbless it.
3) You dare some moron on a "You can't insure an item back before I can steal it" and well..

I suppose all of those things are what you would expect a thief in real life to be doing but in terms of UO lore it leans more towards scamming than stealing. Especially point #1 which I think is a very destructive behavior.

The above coupled with the fact that you have never really even attempted to steal powerscrolls makes you definitely more of a con artist than a UO thief in my eyes. I have encountered many thieves in the past 12 years in Ultima online - some added thrill to the game even if I was a victim and some were borderline trolls. I know which category I would put you in. Sorry.

Oh, and no precious for you. Still. :/
Lol tomas. The way i figure it, we're thieves...the person is going to hate us no matter what we steal, so why's it matter how we go about stealing it. There's no nice way to steal. What kind of thief is like "well, i could steal that...but it'd be too mean." Insurance nerfed us, so we're just finding ways around it. Hell, 2 days ago i stole conjurer's trinket from some newb at fel yew. And last night? Yeah last night i stole a ghost ship anchor and a seahorse statuette from some trammy, that's near 40mil just from last night. But no, i should be a nice thief and steal regs/aids...or better yet, i should pack up and move to siege where i won't bother the little trammies anymore. But it's ok, i know you still love me.

Dude, when I am interested in impressing you with my exploits...I'll let you know. Until then...well...I'll keep it civil, lol...la
Point proven rico...nothing but talk. I'm not asking you to brag i'm just asking for a few stories. But yeah, you're right. Let's keep it civil. Trying to impress someone with exploits would involve making a lame ass video on youtube with some boring steals, hoping that someone will find it and congratulate you. Oh, and being self-absorbed would probably involve copyrighting a crappy online catch phrase like "...la". Seriously, did you have to copyright that? I'm not gonna print up a t-shirt irl with that on it...come to think of it, i wouldn't be surprised if you're wearing your "...la" t-shirt right now. But yeah...you aren't looking to impress anyone are you?

Well, let me put it in another light: I would tell you to stick to your red DP fencer, but you're just as bad on him. So bad that I'm not sure why you haven't given up yet.
Chaosy................who the hell are you? I don't pvp anymore because it's been ruined with speed hacking, omen para, e-fielding, dismount, tamer gankers. But nah, you probably aren't one of those types, i'm sure you're quite amazing.

Honestly? Are you people serious? All i'm asking is for a little assistance. I'm one of the few thieves left who hasn't quit or moved to the fake shard Siege. You all started out on a production shard, what do you have against me? Rico, i found a quote of you a while back where you talked about "being able to adapt". You were talking about guilding trammies and robbing them, and saying that that's how you've adapted to insurance. I don't see why you're so hell-bent on killing the thief class entirely on production shards.

How did this **** turn into a huge fight? This is why i hardly post on stratics, because people come out of no where and start bashing me for no reason. I've done nothing but try to help the thief class...but you guys won't have it. You don't want it to be helped because you've already given up and quit. You want it to be dead. So ya know what? **** it. From now on, i'm done with you wanna-be thieves. "Oh we're big bad ass thieves, but we only steal when it doesn't hurt the other person's feelings."

Rico, keep convincing thieves to go to Siege, keep living in the past. You're only gonna die in what...another 30 years? Yeah when you're 70 please look back and be like "Well, at least i was known on message boards...it's been a great life."

To all you other thieves who have something against me for no damn reason, keep stealing regs and ****. Keep thinking you're worth something. Keep considering a cursed arti as a good steal.

To those of you who don't have anything against me, hopefully you're a better thief than these ****ing tools..."Yeah, man i used to steal soooooooo much back before AoS. Oh, my thief? Nah i quit when insurance came out...but i'm still talking as if i'm a bad ass thief 8 years later." This is my last post on these lame forums. If anyone wants to find me for some reason, i'm on Atlantic. Peace out.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol Rico, i found a quote of you a while back where you talked about "being able to adapt". You were talking about guilding trammies and robbing them, and saying that that's how you've adapted to insurance. I don't see why you're so hell-bent on killing the thief class entirely on production shards.
Yes, I adapted to the point in which playing a thief on a production shard really was no longer fun (the reason I play games in the first place). So I packed up and moved to Siege. I have retested production shards from time to time, but each time I become disillusioned very quickly, and head back to the only American shard without insurance.

Again, I adapted. Besides, it is not me that is "killing the thief class entirely on production shards". You can thank the developers for that...la

C

Chaosy

Chaosy................who the hell are you? I don't pvp anymore because it's been ruined with speed hacking, omen para, e-fielding, dismount, tamer gankers. But nah, you probably aren't one of those types, i'm sure you're quite amazing.

Actually PvP is fine. It's not my fault you're a loner because nobody will want you in their guild.

You are right about one thing though: I am absolutely amazing.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly? Are you people serious? All i'm asking is for a little assistance. I'm one of the few thieves left who hasn't quit or moved to the fake shard Siege.
What's really ironic is all of the thieves that would be inducted into your Hall of Thieves would only play on Siege were they still around.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol tomas. The way i figure it, we're thieves...the person is going to hate us no matter what we steal, so why's it matter how we go about stealing it.
The difference is that a con artist has to gain and break trust whereas a pick pocketer does not. Quite frankly there is nothing "novel" or "cunning" about joining a guild and stealing from your guild mates. Anyone who decides to go down that road can do that. There is absolutely no challenge.

Shinobi said:
How did this **** turn into a huge fight?
When you overreacted to a random "lol newb...la" post? :p

T

The Green Thief

Yeah, and when he started to talk **** about thieves that have been at work loooooong before he even started playing. What a gunch...

S

Sweeney

Don't start knocking Siege. If you played it for a month you'd give up prodo forever. Nothing sickened me more than seeing 100s of people with insured EM items from 10 years earlier, knowing they will never lose it, knowing even with my best attempts I'd never be able to get that uber equipment.

Siege is the last attempt at an "original-UO", the way it was during beta. Sure it still has some of the problems prodo has, but it is many times more enjoyable. I would bet that you are only there because you have a nice house and many fine goods you do not want to leave.

Sure there is more difficulty involved stealing on prodo, only because you base your success on people being careless about insuring. On Siege everyone that grabs a nice item (thief or non-thief), has to make a decision to bank-run or not. I'm not insulting prodo thieves, but just saying that stealing from ignorant newbies is nowhere near as fun as stealing from an 8 year vet and being chased for 20 mins and getting away. Hell even being killed and dry-looted after a 20 min chase is fun.

T

The Green Thief

Don't start knocking Siege. If you played it for a month you'd give up prodo forever. Nothing sickened me more than seeing 100s of people with insured EM items from 10 years earlier, knowing they will never lose it, knowing even with my best attempts I'd never be able to get that uber equipment.

Siege is the last attempt at an "original-UO", the way it was during beta. Sure it still has some of the problems prodo has, but it is many times more enjoyable. I would bet that you are only there because you have a nice house and many fine goods you do not want to leave.

Sure there is more difficulty involved stealing on prodo, only because you base your success on people being careless about insuring. On Siege everyone that grabs a nice item (thief or non-thief), has to make a decision to bank-run or not. I'm not insulting prodo thieves, but just saying that stealing from ignorant newbies is nowhere near as fun as stealing from an 8 year vet and being chased for 20 mins and getting away. Hell even being killed and dry-looted after a 20 min chase is fun.

Exactly. I would go even further as to say anyone who doesn't play on Siege is just scared.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nonsense. Siege was great for the first...year after AoS came out.

Siege is hardly "original UO". It caters more to the PvM power gamers than anything. I have 3 characters there. I love it. But the shard has gone to hell. People run around and die with suits costing up to 500k, while a majority runs dieing with absolute crap.

Try stealing and having an army of archers and mages with the best, and insured, suits obtainable in game trying to get you. That's production.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try stealing and having an army of archers and mages with the best, and insured, suits obtainable in game trying to get you. That's production.
Stealing what? Bandages? Pots? Or, if you're really, REALLY lucky an accidentally uninsured arty or knick knack that everyone on the shard already has? And then if you do manage to yoink something and get caught, you rez with all your stuff. Where's the loss? Where's the thrill in that? Bah. Say what you want and hate all you like, prodo is a joke.

R

Regi the wicked

Well hello all. I now have a thief on atlantic that is in thief and one on sp that is hopefully gonna do the same. So if I play both where does that put me? lol

R

Robthemilt

Im definitely not scared of seige. I remember playing back in 99-2001 on my original account, but i dont remember it being as difficult to escape from someone carrying the generic weapons that we that we had, ESPECIALLY if you did your job correctly and stole the weapon or the regs. I'll say that i would love to have the people that i've stolen from see me as grey again. But the only thing about my original thief that i really miss is disarm stealing.

My question to you vet thieves is what is the mental game like over there now? Do the players accept that your there, and just deal with it? Or are they actively working against you? One of the reasons I play my thief on ATL when I do play now, is because the bigger guilds while defending themselves from each other are taking measures against me, and just because they see me once doesnt mean im leaving. How much danger are you actually in?

If you want a chase to be fun, try stealing someones stuff in the middle of a battle, and have his entire team (atl is gank squads now), and some of the opposing come after you in the middle of a fight. There is a major difference between the old days when the playing field was always more even, and having todays pvpers wearing gear worth my RL HOUSE running speed hacks and stump hacks, chase me down.

Oh and whats the estimated time on legitimately training a functioning Disarme thief? That was almost as much fun as stealing a smoke bomb for no other purpose than using it to escape.

A

Arch Magus

I'll tell you a little about Siege my friend..

It's all about having the best BLESSED weapon.
They claim no insurance, but everybody has a god-weapon that they personal bless.
No community except the board pvp.
Just a bunch of stealthers looking to get a cheapshot kill.

Miss anything?

Check your PM.
I'll tell you where the best place to play today is.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After playing Napa for so long, I'll tell you the best thing about Siege.

Besides insurance or passive reveal or whatever, people actually stop to talk to you or talk to other people. Instead of god characters running around making their rounds at champ spawns, like their playing unreal tournament or something, it actually feels like a world. On prodo, people are usually too busy running away from you in fear or too busy trying to kill you. Siege makes a lot more ways to steal.

ATL probably not as bad, but I never set foot in Tram Napa other than Luna Bank. I figure Siege has about 10x population than Napa Fel ever had.

:spider:

A

Arch Magus

A world with a very small amount of players...

is a world, none-the-less I suppose.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll tell you a little about Siege my friend..

It's all about having the best BLESSED weapon.
They claim no insurance, but everybody has a god-weapon that they personal bless.
No community except the board pvp.
Just a bunch of stealthers looking to get a cheapshot kill.

Miss anything?
LOL, plenty. But it does show you know nothing about the shard. :) ...la