• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hakeem, I need an opinion:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LC9 is the perfect conceal carry weapon in my opinion. It is less than 1" wide, so it fits in a conceal IWB holster nicely, and even with dress slacks and a button down on you can't really see the handle stick out.

With the extended grip addition to the magazine, you can fit your whole hand on the grip when shooting, without sacrificing the conceal ability.

Took it to the range and it is super accurate, but hard to keep a tight grouping at over 20 ft, but then again I'm really not all that great of a shot.

Went through 200 rounds of assorted 'cheap' ammo and not a single jam or misfire. I read reviews that said their hand stung after shooting it a while but I didn't get that at all. I've shot guns like the kaltec and some plastic cheaper taurus models and those did make my hand sting. The Ruger LC9 is very well made and very solid, looks pretty sweet too.

Only downside to the gun is that when you purchase it new, you only get 1 magazine. They don't even carry these magazines in stores yet so you have to order them from Ruger for like $32-$38.

Also, there are way too many safety features. I guess that could be considered a good thing. I can't possibly see how any idiot would accidentally discharge this weapon.

M

MasterP

I decided to wait to make any gun purchase, because there was a bill being voted on for conceal carry.

Glad I waited, bill passed and as of 11/1 you can apply for conceal/carry.

I sent in my application and my CCL should arrive today.

Went on Black Friday to a sporting good store and picked up a Ruger LC9. Was able to finally take it home last night, heading to the range tonight after work to go through a box of ammo.
In Arizona you do not have to have a CCW/CCL to conceal. Law passed early this year. You were always allowed to openly carry now you can do both and dont need any class.