• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hagrid missing?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*!*!*!* There was a MASSIVE error in the quest line that has now been corrected. Let it be known that there have been several people coming by "error in question" it has now been fixed. It has been corrected. *!*!*!*

Parchment nailed to a post near Trinsic: ****Thy known whereabouts of one Hagrid of Catskills has recently been requested. In very fear of his life, all members of any supporting role of thy Royal Britannia Zoo are requested in this investigation.

May the very winds carry him still to thy realm of thee living. He is feared to be in great danger, or even dead.

His last known whereabouts are near the fire dungeon in the Feluccain facet. Though all leads have shown him to be far from there now.

Thee call hath gone out. Please check all public bulletin boards for further updates.****

An Eastern breeze causes the parchment to flap in the wind.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to telling him marriages sucks!!!

but he wouldn't listen...lol

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Latest report from the Britannian Intelligence Agency: "One of our scouts following the shoreline leading South of Trinsic, came upon a dilapidated castle, with possible clues that HAGRID had been there. It was very near a second river-like inlet at the sextant location - 130o 36'S, 44o 30'E.

A small group of some of the most intelligent minds have gathered on the second floor of the small musty castle. Hopefully, with the help of Hilliard leading the investigation, they will be able to discover the whereabouts of Hagrid
".****

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Only a whisper of the missing citizen, it was Vallend alone who spoke up of his whereabouts to the newly acting EM Cernunnos. The name did pass the lips of the EM though. As small as the investigation team is though, we hope to aid any citizen home to Britannia. Our investigation will continue.****

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Control of the investigation is now largely in the hands of Casca's empire. Though possibly more so out of a hidden motive, to locate something tied to Hagrid's absence. Dupre has set up an information collection log, under Lord Casca's command of eminent domain decree. This decree allowed full access to the same castle that the, already assembled team, is in. Possibly more to quickly obtain the same information from them, than to aid.

By tomorrow mid-day, a large number of scouts is expected to scour the lands for any sign of Hagrid.****

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or maybe he listened...and is hiding out to avoid valentines day and marriage...heheheh

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Citizens are gathering, and now even offering rewards for the location of Hagrid. A sack of one million gold has now been offered for the first person to find Hagrid (that person will need to PM me with the discovered information) there will also be a selection of prizes awarded to other players who may find Hagrid.****

Note: This event will run for at least two weeks, possibly longer.

...and lol @ TimberWolf. :)

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the words of a pirate...****"Arr matey, ye' have ta' be tryin' harder than dat' to pull one over on me."****

B

Branwyn of Errol

My weekly pigeon flew in from Catskills bringing the latest news of the realm and my friends there.
In light of the disappearance of Hagrid I found the following bit of gossip from New Haven to be interesting. It seems on of the beggars who sits by the town bank saw a strange young woman wandering through town. Though dressed poorly as a peasant girl, she carried herself with a certain nobility and she was audibly singing a song of love. It was in the Feluccan tongue which he understood poorly but for a few words but he was sure that the song concerned a man named "Hagrid" and an elusive princess.
This girl seemed rather confused and was nervously clutching her dagger.
*wonders what this young woman knows about Hagrid's whereabouts and what this princess has to do with it all*

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...One can only ask Hagrid himself. Er...but he seems to be missing. :( There are some rumors that he has already been slaughtered, some say that he is tucked away in a cave somewhere...still the small council has been discussing all the possible clues and working with Casca's scouts, in the last known residence of Hagrid. There are reports of an interesting polar bear mask and a letter of love in plain view though. :eek:

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****One of Casca's scouts approaches Hilliard with a document sealed in wax. Upon opening it Hilliard reads that the citizens of Sosaria have gathered a much larger amount of gold in reward to the first person to find the missing Hagrid. "Surly this is an error" Hilliard says aloud. Cole looks over the document, and sees that it has the royal seal on it. "No, that is no error. Over 5 million in gold to the first person to find Hagrid it says".
Apparently the empire under control of Casca has some extreme interest in Hagrid...or is it even the person in question that is the true root of the search?****

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Dupre opens a sealed letter from Lord Casca himself reading:

Royal guards and scouts, one "Derek" is a man of interest. But should not be approached or apprehinded. Watch him from the shadows as he may hold clues to (a word has been scratched out here) and also Hagrid's whereabouts. Here is an artists rendering of what the man in question looks like.

Again, we are unsure of his connection with the (another word is scratched out) or if he has anything to do with Hagrid, so for this time, don't give him reason to flee from Trinsic.

-Lord Casca****

S

Shioni

Bob took me about 3 hours to catch up with this event, not sure if anyone has finished it... anyway one of the clues in the Ice Village was moved to a museum.

That clue leading to a shady vendor house by a willow tree is also a bit bugged as you cannot view books unless you own the vendor, making all those "a book" *not for sale* a bit pointless

Im not 100% if im following the clues right but those are 2 brick walls i donlt think anyone can pass... and thus is why the event has been dragging on...

Also forgive me if the event was already completed i wanted to give the others a good... 3 month head start hehe

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bob took me about 3 hours to catch up with this event, not sure if anyone has finished it... anyway one of the clues in the Ice Village was moved to a museum.

That clue leading to a shady vendor house by a willow tree is also a bit bugged as you cannot view books unless you own the vendor, making all those "a book" *not for sale* a bit pointless

I'm not 100% if I'm following the clues right but those are 2 brick walls i don't think anyone can pass... and thus is why the event has been dragging on...

Also forgive me if the event was already completed i wanted to give the others a good... 3 month head start hehe

Um...to start with. You must not be on the correct "lead". I don't know who's quest you are mixed up in. But there is no ice mountain, or museum. I'll do a fast dry run (yet again) on a secondary account and make sure that everything is in running order.

I've been debating this for a while now, but I'm quite tempted to take a screen shot of the "starting castle". Just so that everyone knows where to begin. There are "vendors" used in the quest, but there is nothing on them (at least the ones in My quest). They are merely there to appear like a person. If you read all of the information in the books that are locked down, then it tells you who you need to speak with. But yeah, after reading your post I'm 100% certain that you have mixed up a separate quest line.

I do thank you for your interest in searching for Hagrid though. :)

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe Shioni is following Hawkeye's Pirate Quest from around New Years. There was a clue left in Istas, one we have used to create a display in the museum along with a piece of the contraband gained by one of the participants who completed the quest.

On a side note, how would someone not familiar with Hagrid learn of the current quest you are running Bob?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are shared characters for both quests. I'm now waiting for Shoini at a location. I'm sure I can straighten this out for him.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and to answer the other question...I spent a full week book tossing, and posting on public bulletin boards and I also posted here in the forums. :)

Also I had over a dozen friends lock down a book sealed in wax on their front steps for all the world to see and read. :)

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rarely, RARELY, R A R E L Y turn on my icq. But I will keep it open for the next hour, if any have any questions for me tonight.

S

Shioni

Oh crap my arch rival Phaen Grey is tracking him down now? Aug!!

The only way to find Hagrid must be to capture the elf one! *shifty eyes*

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe. Well. I won't name any names here. But I will say that there are three people that seem to be just about to locate the missing citizen. ^.^

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****All, so fuzzy. Time has past so quickly. Has it really been this long?****

Hagrid has been found, alive. Tonight in a small room in Castle British, following a long march for answers, the whereabouts of Hagrid were revealed.

The "winner" of the contest will be announced this Saturday (April 4th) at the Black Market at 8:00pm EST. Providing he is able to make the journey himself, Hagrid will be there in person.

I would like to thank all who helped me in putting together this adventure. And I would add...that at least until this Saturday (possibly longer, stay tuned) the quest will still be active for those who wish to complete it for... well...fun.

Hope to see you all this Saturday.

****An arm reaches down to help Hagrid up. "I do not know if I'm strong enough for a journey through a moongate yet. I feel it best we take the trip slowly." Hagrid muttered while asking "Say, did I miss anything?"****

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****The journey had been a long one. Sally Rose had used most of her strength in supporting the greater weight of Hagrid, who was still very weak. She agreed though with Hagrid, that his body was still to weak to risk a trip through a gate of magic, finally they arrived at the small dank and musty castle.****

"Your sure you'll be ok Hagrid?" Asked Sally Rose, as she opened the door to the musty castle that Hagrid was referring to as his home.

"Aye, I must rest up, for tonight I'm heading to the Jolly Roger Inn. I believe that an eve of story and the selling of fine wares...er, contraband wares that is, will do me some good".

Sally Rose nods, turns on her heels and parts ways with Hagrid. Rubbing his side Hagrid heads up to dismiss the party that had gathered in hopes of finding his whereabouts. "Thank you my friends. Without you, Sosaria would not have known where to look."

Finally the sight of the Jolly Roger Inn appeared to Hagrid's weary eyes. He stumbled in, smiling at Ally Oop. Listening to the stories told, Hagrid felt bad for not being able to make the trip quicker. He just didn't feel he had the strength to travel through a moongate this soon.

As the story tellers concluded, Hagrid hobbled to his feet. There was a reward to be given after all. It was on behalf of one Raistlin and the MOP guild that a large bounty was put up. And they gave the honor of handing that reward to the adventurer who was responsible for finding the whereabouts of Hagrid. Handing over the bank letter to Lady Qu was a great honor for Hagrid. He then though asked Lady Qu herself the favor of aiding him to the Black Market next door. With her help, and Ally Oop's they made it next door.

It was then that Va'lis that noticed Hagrid having a hard time walking on his own, as he kept leaning on the shoulder of one Ally Oop and Lady Qu. He quickly pulled Hagrid aside and handed him a walking staff that was fit for a king. Embarrassed Hagrid didn't seem worthy of such a nice gift, but Va'lis insisted. As Hagrid returned to the Black Market a face that was arrayed in beauty and framed in a polar bear mask appeared. BarefootPrincess smiled at Hagrid, nearly knocking him unconscious. She handed him a card, that displayed her love. Blushing Hagrid promised that he would continue to build in strength, and return once again to Sosaria.

Still quite weak, Hagrid began the long journey back toward the castle. "Ive made it this far, best not to risk a travel through a gate of magic." Hagrid headed North to rest, remembering the sack of gold that Raistlin and the MOP guild had put up to the person (that being Lady Qu) who discovered where he had been.

****The small castle South of Trinsic seemed to hide more than 2 floors. Hagrid would spend as much time as he could muster exploring ways to unlock its remaining floors. Hagrid unrolled the sleeping mat, and laid down to rest...dreaming of one Lady BarefootPrincess.****

S

Shioni

Yeah thanks for the Event Hagrid, Qu seems very pleased

Who knows what else she does in her free time...

lol j/k