• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

- Hack Attempt -

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well what can I say I hate it when your email gets a message from UO forwarding you a list off accounts associated with your email address. Then your email adress password suddenly doesn't work.

Now thank God I was abble to pull over on I5 and update all of the accounts, well I think.

I have had some deals go very bad on Atlantic the last month. I would call it theft but did not imagine and outright attack.

As a result I will be ending all Vendor Contracts at all of my houses across all of the shards. Please clear you inventories immediately. I have know way of knowing if I was able to secure all of the accounts and sites. All of the house will be reverted to Private as well.

Sorry for the drastic action. I find is sad that people think it is great to hack an account these days.

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh man, that just down right low of people to hack accounts. Hope it all works out for u friend.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of people have been hacked lately. I was back in 2003, I wasnt really playing alot at the time. But I lost a house and some good rares I had stored in my bank.
BTW. You now own my house.

Tom

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear about this Nabin. I hope nothing was lost.

I just got back into town from a business trip, saw your message here and logged to check my vendor (hadn't pulled all the gold from our transaction yet). I was certainly glad that I already knew why the vendor was down and had no reason to panic. The vendor was gone but gold was in the sign, so all is ok on this end.

Again, I hope nothing was lost. I wish EA would have some type of special password you have to use to get them to send you that info:(

Ken

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope all goes well also friend and may you not loose anything, best wishes

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's really scary Nabin! thank god you saw that email from UO with your pw's and were able to change your info!!! hope nothing was lost and you caught it in time. scary!

G

Gawin

I got lucky myself or well unlucky

When i went to reopen my account i noticed that all the billing info on it was not rite. Well i guess not TO lucky as the account had been totally wiped clean of all but the chars and pets.

Guess im lucky in that i have all my chars still Glad you caught yours before it got to far.

W

walletinspector

I am sorry that you were hacked or almost hacked. You must have recovered from it since you were able to set all the vendors at your luna vendors houses to not renew. And I've seen your various characters running around Luna city.

My concern now is what happens to the folks that had vendors at those houses that were not aware of what 'happened' to your accounts and lost their vendors. Not everyone checks on their vendors daily or weekly. Not everyone reads the stratics forums. A few good folks have lost items and gold due to this. When they asked you (Nabin) about it, your only reply was 'wait a week or so'. People lost millions and want to be compensated.

I was lucky enough to have friends that informed me to remove my vendors before they fell. I'm somewhat surprised you didn't send out a mass icq informing everyone that held vendors with you.

I look forward in seeing how you resolve this issue.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Friend I have only had one Individual with an issue so far There are no "They" that have asked me about it. There has been only one individual which I asked to check back with me in a week. Here is the deal.

This individual could not remember for sure what their Vendor was named and could not find it on the Sign post. I am sure you are aware that once a contract is set to not renew the owner is notified each time they check the vendor menu also once the contract expires the vendor goes to the sign post where it can be reclaimed for several days. After that the items dump to the Moving crate. Frankly I really don't need pleoples random items or gold. I preffer my own.

The reasons I told this individual to check back with me in a week was so that I could see if their items ended up in the moving crate.

Now if people feel the need to continue to place runes and books around town stating that "Nabin is a scammer won't give back items" feel free. I am pretty confident about who I am and while you won't be pissing me off I am sure there are several other people you will.

Further more one of the conditions of recieving a free vendor which each and every person reviewed was that they be continually maintained which means that they should have been checked regularly.

Other than that things are moving rather well.

I have communicated the issue and the events in basicaly every format I could except yes mass ICQ which I was not aware was even possible.

I have always worked with people who have let their vendors drop at a house I owned and or at I house I have purchased. I am sure things will all get worked out within reason and proper limits when all is finished.

P

Pacem

ICQ mass message is possible in version 2003b which can be found at www.download.com. The latest version of ICQ does not have that feature.

P.S. - Trillian also has this feature, but only for online contacts, it will not send mass messages to offline contacts.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...People lost millions and want to be compensated....
When Vendors drop, all the items they held and the gold on them is accessible from the House sign to the account the vendors belonged to. Not even the house owner has access to it.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Setnaffa said: All items and gold are available to Vender owner from the sign.

When I got back into town and saw Nabin's note I found my vendor gone , however upon checking sign, all my gold was there for claiming.

Nabin was very honorable in the trade I made with him and I'd trust him with anything I have in UO.

Ken

D

dielock

Gold may have been available for your claim. But what about the items that were not sold?

R

Richard Pryor

Sounds to me like someone got their bum hurt. Take a chill pill.

L

Lady Mana

Well what can I say I hate it when your email gets a message from UO forwarding you a list off accounts associated with your email address. Then your email adress password suddenly doesn't work.

Now thank God I was abble to pull over on I5 and update all of the accounts, well I think.

I have had some deals go very bad on Atlantic the last month. I would call it theft but did not imagine and outright attack.

As a result I will be ending all Vendor Contracts at all of my houses across all of the shards. Please clear you inventories immediately. I have know way of knowing if I was able to secure all of the accounts and sites. All of the house will be reverted to Private as well.

Sorry for the drastic action. I find is sad that people think it is great to hack an account these days.
Eep. Sounds rather scary. I've known a handful of people who weren't fortunate enough to get notified and lost everything. In their case, I believe it's a matter of trusting the wrong person. If absolutely no one personal to you attempts the hack, I find it curious how they'd even go about such a matter. It takes some pretty ingenious guessing to go that far: either that, or I hope you did a scan.

Good for you for nipping it in the bud.

R

Rowannnnnnnn

I really am sorry to hear about your recent trouble. Thanks for posting and letting us know.