• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

H.O.T. House is Going Bye-bye

lindylou

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad4:

Yes, you read right. I have closed the account that has the fisher Leia on it and the H.O.T. Auction House. It will drop when these things do drop. There are some things there that somebody might want, but not a lot. I took the things I couldn't live without.

I still have 1 account left (my castle) but for how long, I don't know. I was in game a few times over the past couple of days and I didn't see people around. Has the population dropped even more? It's sad. I miss doing the auctions still but don't have the motivation to work them again.

Take care everyone! If you have Yahoo Messenger, you can reach me at lindyguess. I still have ICQ but rarely turn it on.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as population goes, it's turning into a ghost town during the days, at nights it picks up some though. I've also noticed a lot of old names I haven't seen for a long time at the bank so hopefully that's a good sign.

Too bad about the H.O.T. house, it's sad seeing so many leaving or dropping accounts. I guess the economy ingame and rl is one factor. Not to mention other games and rl obligations are playing a part as well in removing player base. I know stuff is so expensive on L.A. now I can barely afford to stay there yet I do for a few friends I have left and the new ones I have yet to make.

I hope you continue playing your other account.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, a good deal of the population is in Ilshenar these days (the Publish 57 champ changes), and more in Fel (those changes and more). I've seen lots of names in game I'd not seen in months or years, so I personally think the population is up (and the crowd of recognizable names at the Valentines weekend events seem to support it).

IF you want to catch people playing, bring a character to Oaks or the humility spawn in Ilshenar - one or both are worked on a regular basis most days in the PM hours.

lindylou

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info. I'll try to look those up one of these days soon. I've missed so many of my friends in UO!

S

StifledArgument

I came back, but after being treated like total crap last night I think I am out again. I was accused of not being the "real Angelica" to which I replied I had been out of the game for a bit, and then got grilled with 20 questions and repeatedly told I wasn't her, like I am some sort of imposter.

It's no wonder the server is dead, people come back that could help the population out (I was going to try to get my husband back too and our friends), and this is how people are treated...

I will probably give it another couple weeks, but if this is the quality of people left here, I would rather not play anything.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Who was treating you that way? And which Angelica are you, Stifled? I've known 2 or 3...

I've not seen you around, myself. And, there have been a few instances while you were gone of people pretending to be someone/something else (that involved messing intra-alliance PKing and theft within Trammel guilds), so people have gotten a little paranoid about once-familiar names popping back up after an absence.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leia, sorry to see you go, but I hope you are enjoying whatever it is you are filling your days and nights with.

To StifledArgument- I wasn't around last night, so I don't know what happened in game, but wouldn't the "real Angelica" have an auction guild tag? If you are the H.O.T. or 3MT Angelica, just show your tag.

BlissMarie

W

Wraith One

I was actually on last night, of course like someone just mentioned I spent most of my time in Ilsh. The new spawn rewards has everyone out killing lately. The population is pretty steady just they aren't banksitting as much now. I surely don't know what happened when you were around stifled, but I wasn't there to see it.

S

StifledArgument

I don't remember his name I should have saved my log, it was just after the long day I had I didn't expect to get grilled in game and told I wasn't the real Angelica. It's all relative after all...

The Angelica I am is the crafter chick, I have never been in a guild in UO except for years ago on Atlantic, and the GM went insane (Literally), after that I gave up on guilds. I have had multiple vendor houses in my time on LA. First one was called the Albatross, down the road from the UMP mall. The second one I had was in Tokuno, outside the city gate (I honestly can't remember the name it was a while back). My hubby and I would pimp and throw gates and throw runes around all the time. I contributed to the New Player Center, and have helped more people in my time than I can count. I am generally a nice person...most days :)

Some of the people probably know my main better Cassandra, my husband was Simple Caveman, we were Doom farmers back in the day. But that's just it, being accused of being a fake basically and grilled all the way down to where I live and how old I was to be told,"Well, you are not the REAL Angelica" I am not sure why, but it just ticked me off...

So sorry for derailing...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I remember you and Simple Caveman. I guess some people thought you were pretending to be the Angelica once associated with Leia's auctions, and were too dense to understand that there have been multiple characters with the name.

Hell, I know people whose names are on the NPC list, even, and that's gotten them in trouble in their alliances when someone lucked into their name using a disguise kit and started PKing and robbing alliance members in Luna, since they would be in effect framing the real character with the name.

Such hijinks is one of the reasons that all but one of my characters have rather unique names (and the one left over was in order to have a pun related to his profession).

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
hi there Leia, long long time no see. I'm not on much during the week. Just too tired to play. Kali, Ginger, and Styder hang out a lot at the champ spawns. I sure hate to see another neighbor leave. Hope things are going well for you, if you are on i'd love to go hunting with you or just hang out. Rowan misses talking to you :sad4:

Garion_UMP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You shouldn't disappear Leia. That would be another legend departing. I don't know that as many people banksit what with the new events and the champ spawn changes and all that. There were definitely a lot of people for the last EM event. I've even noted some folks who had left but have reappeared. It's as Tamais says, you have to know when to find people. Most of UMP still causes the usual chaos and mayhem on weekends. Come be part of the fun.