• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Gypsy camps

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if this will be an issue or not but while popping into Britain moongate this gypsy camp spawned. Now on LS, there is usually a house at this location. What happens to the tent when this occurs on production shards?
Tent's can't spawn in such a way that any part of the tent intersects anything that blocks movement. They can spawn *over* things that block movement, so long as nothing pokes through the top and no part of the actual tent appears in a place a player can't normally step on. The terrain for the tent doesn't have to be flat, but it can't be too uneven either.

This means they can appear in places that houses can't, and they won't pop in over someone's house.

If the tent can't spawn, the camp can't spawn.

This means Gypsies will tend to appear on the fringes of civilization, on open areas or lightly wooded areas away from heavily populated areas.

By the way, I was able to loots der loot. Not much this time, but I love the possibility of it! Thank you *grins*
There is something new in the loot list for Gypsy camps that is very rare. I'd be surprised if anyone finds one on Test Center before the publish is rolled out. But, who knows?

Good luck!

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And i dont think a check would be the rare, if it is.....thats lame...sorry to say...
The check is pretty rare, but the items in question are quite a bit rarer than that.

Before everyone starts building high expectations, let me just say that the new items are cosmetic only, with no useful game effect. They are rare and hard to come by, and do something not seen in the game before, but that's it.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the empty chest inside realy for anything other then looks?
A long time ago, tents were a type of player-owned housing. The chest inside was the tent's secure storage. Gypsy camps use the same multi, so they have the built-in chest, but because it is a built-in part of the tent and part of the housing system, it doesn't spawn with loot. Basically, you can ignore that chest in every camp, because it'll never have anything in it.