• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gyldenfeld Town Banner Constructed

• Thread starter Tancred RedStar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tancred RedStar

After just happening to come upstairs, I saw messages were waiting from Daria Blackmoore. As I read them, each was more frantic than the last - come quick, Mesanna is building the Gyldenfeld town banner!

I rushed down to the crossroads and there stood a crude stone assembly with Mesanna and Daria close by. As I watched, Mesanna shaped the form piece by piece, polishing it adeptly with each stroke. Soon the wolf statue was polished, then the banner. She chipped away a piece of stone from the front, tossing it aside as she continued to labor intently.

News spreads fast on Chesapeake and we were soon joined by others to watch Mesanna work. The plaque was placed on the front of the base, the wolf was painted with a primer, then a deep red, then a lighter shade, and then once more til it was perfect. Mesanna then began carefully chiseling an inscription into it, making sure it was fitting and concise.

She stepped back to admire it, but saw we were all already grinning widely. It was done.

And so on December 72, in the Britannian year 374 (Earth date December 2, 2009), there was erected the first town banner, as ordered by the monarch and rendered thereof by Mesanna, of Chesapeake. It was the first, and more were shortly in coming, but this was of inconsequence when compared to the fact that it more importantly harkened a new age of community for the people of the realm.

Attachments

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*claps*
*Raises a glass of amber liquid*
Three cheers for Gyldenfeld
HIP HIP HURRRRAH!
HIP HIP HURRRRAH!
HIP HIP HURRRRAH!
Congradulations to Gyldenfeld and all the citizens!