• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GUIDE: Making Pure White Cloth

L

Lord Nexus

Okay, I've seen a lot of people still on the boards that do not know how to do this, so I thought I'd go ahead and throw this together to hopefully end the lack of knowledge once and for all. =P

Obtaining the Materials

<u>Initial Items Required</u>
1x Bag of Sending

Step 1:

Attend the tavern in Minoc and speak to "Ben the Apprentice Necromancer":

To confirm his location:

Co-Ordinates: 107o 39'N, 80o 22'E

Step 2:

Upon speaking with him, you will receive a quest:

Accept the quest and you'll receive a "Spirit Bottle", as shown:

The quest requires you to take this bottle to the "Ghost of Frederic Smithson".

Step 3:

Go to the ghost who is located between the first and second levels of Covetous dungeon:

To confirm the location:

Co-Ordinates: 64o 41'N, 77o 3'E

Step 4:

Talk to the ghost. Doing so will prompt the following dialogue:

The ghost will then offer you the secondary part of the quest:

Accepting the quest will drop this item into your backpack:

Step 5:

Use a Bag of Sending on the Dread Spider Silk:

This will send that quest item directly to your bank.

Step 6:

After sending it, resign from the quest. To do so, open your Paperdoll and click the "Quests" button:

This will bring up a list of all the quests you're currently on. Click the arrow next to the "Save his Dad" quest:

Then press the "Resign" button:

The "Dread Spider Silk" will remain in your bank box after resigning. You will require 1 Dread Spider Silk for every bolt of the pure white cloth you wish to make, and one you send will be unusable. For example, you need at least 2 silk to create 1 bolt of the cloth, 3 silk to create 2 bolts, 4 silk to create 3 bolts, etc.

To create more of it, simply follow steps 4 through 6 repeatedly until you are happy with the amount of silk you have. Contrary to what I see many people doing, you do not have to continually start the initial quest that Ben the Apprentice Necromancer offers you; you can simply talk to the ghost again after resigning for more wool.

Creating the Cloth

<u>Initial Items Required</u>
Dread Spider Silk (shown above)
Access to a Spinning Wheel
Access to a Loom
Yarn (4 yarn per every 1 bolt you wish to make)

Step 1:

Access your bank box. You should see the silk you sent earlier:

Drag all except 1 silk from your bankbox to your main backpack:

Note: It is critical that you follow this step carefully. Dragging the entire stack will mean you will be unable to 'use' the silk; you must split it and leave 1 behind which can either be discarded, kept as a base for more silk that you'll send in future or used to finish the quest.

Step 2:

Now that the silk is in your backpack, head to a spinning wheel. There are many all over Britannia in tailor shops. In my example I used the Luna Tailor shop.

Double click the pile of silk and spin it on the spinning wheel:

After a few seconds, you will receive 3 balls of pure white yarn in your backpack per 1 ball of silk you spin as shown below. Repeat as necessary until you've span all of your silks.

Step 3:

Take the regular balls of yarn you should have started with (can be purchased from tailor NPCs, or you can sheer sheep to obtain sheep wool, which can be spun on the spinning wheel to obtain normal yarn similar to the method of spinning the silks) and your pure white yarn to a loom. Again, there's often looms in tailor shops; there's one in the Luna tailor shop also, which is where I'm staying for the example.

Double click the regular yarn, then 'use' it with the loom:

Do this 4 times until you receive the "This bolt is almost finished..." message from the loom like so:

To finish the bolt of cloth, double click one of the pure white yarn balls you created and use it with the loom:

This will create a pure white cloth bolt in your backpack:

This can then be cut with scissors like any bolt to create pure white cloth for use in tailoring, or whatever:

Hopefully that ends the mystery regarding how to do it that I see people ask constantly around the boards. Hope you've found this useful. Any questions, let me know.

Just to clear up the legality of this method, you should reference Binky's post here.

G

My bag of sending gives the message: "your bag of sending rejects this item". I think this process has been nerfed.

P

PHLiNX

It's still a good post to those who collected the silk, but haven't turned it into cloth. That part is still valid.