• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grizzled Mare info help

N

Nematode

Lucky me, I just got a Grizzled Mare off M.I.G. a few days back. I dont think Ive ever seen 1 at play so far, perhaps due to the "dispel bug" Ive read about that bothers the earlier generation of mares.

Still, for those who have and ridden one before, Ive a few queries Id like to seek counsel. I understand once u double-click on the statuette, a mare will instantly spring forth and be bonded to whom ever used it. From that moment on, does it function like a bonded horse per se?

I mean, its not like an ethy where its invulnerable and reverts back into statue once dismounted. This mare can actually die and become an animal-soul following u around till a tamer comes along and rezz it. Is that correct?

Also, is it credible to use the mare like a nightmare/dreadhorse kinda fighting machine or is it a "wimp"?

If so, other than eye-candy, would anyone choose to ride a Grizzled Mare instead of a simple horsey ethy? Not considering account age.

Insights, pse?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Lucky me, I just got a Grizzled Mare off M.I.G. a few days back. I dont think Ive ever seen 1 at play so far, perhaps due to the "dispel bug" Ive read about that bothers the earlier generation of mares.

Still, for those who have and ridden one before, Ive a few queries Id like to seek counsel. I understand once u double-click on the statuette, a mare will instantly spring forth and be bonded to whom ever used it. From that moment on, does it function like a bonded horse per se?

I mean, its not like an ethy where its invulnerable and reverts back into statue once dismounted. This mare can actually die and become an animal-soul following u around till a tamer comes along and rezz it. Is that correct?

Also, is it credible to use the mare like a nightmare/dreadhorse kinda fighting machine or is it a "wimp"?

If so, other than eye-candy, would anyone choose to ride a Grizzled Mare instead of a simple horsey ethy? Not considering account age.

Insights, pse?
They are more eye candy than anything else...and they can die and wind up following you around like any other bonded pet. I'm not sure how they rate on the wimpy scale myself but if ya want to use it then you can train it up like any other pet...You'd be amazed at what some of the wimpy pets can do...I have a friend that used a packhorse they trained during the Dark Wisp invasion......killed Dark Wisps with it and used it to tote the loot :p

W

wrekognize

My understanding is that the grizzled mount has the armor bonus like a swampy. So it is good for fighters.

N

Nematode

My understanding is that the grizzled mount has the armor bonus like a swampy. So it is good for fighters.

Hmm is this verified by other users? Is this the default bonus or can u put barding on it? This thread has received about 185 views, but only 2 response... is this Grizzled Mare that rare?

C

Connor_Graham

Hmm is this verified by other users? Is this the default bonus or can u put barding on it? This thread has received about 185 views, but only 2 response... is this Grizzled Mare that rare?
From what I recall it does NOT give the armor bonus of a Paroxysmus' Swampy. It's no different than riding a regular horse other than the fact that it's skills are all GM.

T

Tycolby

You know you want to give it to me instead!!!!! it will go good with my other one muwhahahahahaha

E

Enkrypted

Can you put it away just like an ethy? or once you pull it out, it can't be put back?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can you put it away just like an ethy? or once you pull it out, it can't be put back?
Once you pull it out it becomes bonded to you like any other pet... though you can not trade it or sell it.... It is yours or it is gone... They never go back to statue form.... they will be like any other pet horse.

J

jfkeach

they either have to be stabled or ridden while you log out.

Be careful. Once you free it from the crystal, Its your until you kill release it, at which point it disappears.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone put this in the ask the devs forum.

Seems there's lots of rumors and unanswered questions about the Grizzled Mare.

I was very intrigued by the suggestion about the PvM damage reduction...Something I had not heard before.

Also does anyone know if it's capable of killing stuff? Does it, for example, have matery or the HP of a mare? Or at least of the Hellsteeds that are made when you animate a nightmare corpse?

Quite intriguing.

-Galen's player

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually think they should make them all erethal mounts (blessed)....would make this easy and they would still be rare

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Another question.

Can they lose loyalty and go wild?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure a Grizzled Mare is a Hellsteed, or the a permanent version of a Nightmare animate, so the stats aren't that of a Nightmare.

http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=741

The thing that concerns me is whether or not they will get dispelled by monsters or players. It seems as if a lot of the pets you can get have had dispel problems. I'm also not sure if the Grizzled Mare obeys commands, although, I assume they do ... I have one in statuette form but never took it out to test it because I was concerned about the whole dispel issue.