• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greatlakes, bank desgin + a moongate? please

G

GhostGL

Yeah i know on Greatlakes we got that underground passage to the moongate. But could you still also add a moongate to Cocopuff's bank? I'm not sure if the Atlantic one was in Vlad's or if it was just added later. And also can you put in Britain Bank as a travel option with the moongates on any shard/bank you add a moongate? Also any idea when Draconi will be doing the Greatlakes bank? I missed em on Atlantic, but hoping to catch em on Greatlakes, i hear if ya catch em he's gotta give ya his pot of gold :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, God forbid, you have to actually run from the bank to the moongate. How tragic...la

G

GhostGL

Yeah, God forbid, you have to actually run from the bank to the moongate. How tragic...la
I know! Well actually i'm hoping with a moongate it'll bring people back to Britain. Most everyone now is hanging out in Luna on GL. We was about the only shard even after Malas that people still hung out in Britain. I guess the halloween stuff/invasions kinda got everyone in Luna.

M

Millie

It would be nice if they put the moon gates in. Maybe not to change the main gate but to add a second gate the takes you form there to Brit. I'm not lazy I don't mind running but I know that a lot of new players are use to Luna and the convenience of it and unless you make Brit Bank a little more Accessible people are going to stick in Luna.

I know on Balhae there is a permanent moon gate that takes you to the fair grounds so I know it is possible to add a second gate form the main gate to the place in the design that show a gate

R

RichDC

We dont really need it, a 2way gate i mean. the path albeit a little unknown is easy to negotiate (WTF is with Sparky btw) maybe a one way gate from brit only.

Im still hanging out in Brit, i cant stand Luna and REFUSE to bank sit there!!1

Its just a shame that there arent as many people about with uber rare suits, items and hilarious paperdolls to look at!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
And the good people of siege say I troll. :p

It is a one way moongate. and yes Rico people dont want to walk. Some dont even know what recalling into a bank is.

I was going to send Drac a message asking for the moongate to lead to Luna and one from Luna to brit bank. They have it on Origin I believe. Was really cool.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is crysta to explain why this can't be done (again)? ;)

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah i know on Greatlakes we got that underground passage to the moongate.
Really? I have not heard of this and would love to see it. Is there some trick to finding it? Or am I falling victim to some GL inside joke? :D

R

RichDC

Theres a little hole in the building just to the south west of the bank...or from the moongate just east.

That drops you to an underground passage

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice if they put the moon gates in. Maybe not to change the main gate but to add a second gate the takes you form there to Brit.
You don't need a GM to do that. There is a magery spell, 7th circle. All you need is that, some regs (or LRC), and a rune to brit bank.

Glad I could help.

M

Millie

It would be nice if they put the moon gates in. Maybe not to change the main gate but to add a second gate the takes you form there to Brit.
You don't need a GM to do that. There is a magery spell, 7th circle. All you need is that, some regs (or LRC), and a rune to brit bank.

Glad I could help.
I had a nasty remark in here and rebuttal but I'm just not in to feeding the trolls today

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I use that path there on GL from Brit to the Gate quite often..... Infact I thought it was on all the shards so when I was doing my usual X-mas gifting I looked on other shards and was quite surprised to find it was unique to GL....

Though very happy that we do have it....

M

miss uo

Really? I have not heard of this and would love to see it. Is there some trick to finding it? Or am I falling victim to some GL inside joke? :D
Yep, Just drop down the hole in the guard tower. Then go up the ladder, and your at the Britain moongate. Thats not that hard to do, so whats the problem.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, Just drop down the hole in the guard tower. Then go up the ladder, and your at the Britain moongate. Thats not that hard to do, so whats the problem.
No problem at all - I think you misunderstood my post or replied before reading the posts that followed. I do not normally play GL and had never seen nor heard of this path. I logged in to GL, found the path thanks to another post and sure enough there it was. I made a second post exclaiming how cool the path was.

Thank you for your contribution just the same. :hug:

M

Millie

If I have read right they say the moon gates can not be moved because they are hardwired in to the game engine. But there is not reason a Telaporting gate can not be added So that the Gate shown on the Contest design will take you back and forth to the main Brit Gate.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remove the moongate to Luna and add one that takes people to West Brit bank.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just popped onto GL and found the path. Outstanding! What does Sparky do? And is that a working arcane circle?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I have read right they say the moon gates can not be moved because they are hardwired in to the game engine. But there is not reason a Telaporting gate can not be added So that the Gate shown on the Contest design will take you back and forth to the main Brit Gate.
Oh GMs can totally add one and two way gates, teleporters, etc. But would they throw a second gate next to the gate at brit? I can't imagine so, but what do I know. *shrugs*