• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater White Wyrm Wyrm as new tameable?

Greater White Wyrm as a new tameable?

• Total voters

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm tired of seeing Greater Dragons everywhere. Now a Greater WW could be fun.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a variety of 5 slot pets, stuff different to dragons though. I was praying for a 5 slot T Rex with Eodon but it didnt happen, well we got the T Rex in the end but it isnt tamable lol. Ive always wanted a giant 5 slot armoured bear cause im bear crazy, I'd settle for Grobu. I also always thought a Hydra would make a cool 5 slot pet that could AoE enemies or a powerful phoenix without the fire aura. The Sphynx would be pretty cool too, they are about as strong as greater drag. Some sort of giant serpent like coil but with bit bigger graphic could be cool.

Or the one idea i did have is having different coloured Greater Dragons which do different damage types. Green with poison damage, blue with energy damage etc. Could add some sort of breeding system for tamers where they breed pets to get eggs that could spawn different coloured pet or new type of pet altogether or something :). Or implement the dragon turtle egg system on the dragons, have nests with eggs for rare coloured dragons spawn randomly and rarely which are guarded by powerful dragons.

Dunno if any of you ever played Star Wars Galaxies back in its hey day, but the Creature Handler system rocked on that game, best of any game ive played. Nests spawned randomly with normal mobs then amongst them were babies, you could only tame the babies. Had to go out exploring for these nests. Then your pet started off small and grew over time and you could teach it special moves and tricks. Id love to see that implemented into UO. Would let tamers customize their pets more and we'd see more variety of pets rather than a blanket of dragon wings.

Id also love if they added 120 tinkering and some exodus recipe or mastery or something that allows tinkers to make themselves Exodus Drones, Minions and Juggernaughts etc. Or add some new cooler clockwork pets, maybe really rare 5 slot ones that very hard to get recipe for and only for Tinkers to command, make their repair better. Gawd im droning on, i just love pet classes too much, im such a tamer fanboy.

Also a necro circle spell where 5 necromancers could summon a bone demon would be cool lol

Last edited:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try find my word document of notes i made somewhere. Perhaps i should email them to mesanna

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna
UO Taming/Pet System

Pet Training & Growing

Pets should start off young, perhaps smaller in size and with lower stats. Over time when you feed them or they hit a certain level in skills they will grow and become more powerful until they fully mature. This can happen 3 times, if their skills start at 40, when they all hit 60, 80 and 100 they will evolve a level each time, increasing their stats, resistances and damage.

At each of these stages you should be able to train an ability for the pet.

At 60 skill you will be able to train a passive ability which could be one of the following:

-Damage Increase

-Spell Damage Increase

-Increased Resistances

-Change damage type to do 25% damage of a resistance of your choice

-Increased Str and HP

-Increased Dex and Stam

-Increased Int and Mana

At 80 skill you will be able to train a special move which could be one of the following:

-Bleed

-Crushing Blow

-Armor Ignore

-Mortal Strike

-Paralyzing blow

-Dismount

-Double Strike

-Concussion Blow

At 100 Skill you will be able to Increase a pets skill of your choosing by 20 which could be their wrestling, tactics, anatomy, healing. Whatever skill the pet may have.

If a pet can reach 110 in 3 skills then it will give a bonus evolve level which will allow you to choose a secondary special move which could be one of the following:

-Armor Corruption

-Rage Attack

-Poison Spit

-Fire Breath

-Magic Attack like that of the Ki-rin

-Lower chosen resist

-Reflect Physical Damage

-Throw something at ranged attackers

-Block 15% damage to rider

-Life Leech

-Mana Leech

- Increased Healing

Pet Colours, Bigger Variety of Pets & Egg System

Firstly Tamers need more variety in pets that are effective to use, especially 5 slot. Its just a constant swarm of greater dragons at EM evens these days. They also need more customisation to make their pets stand out and be more unique.

Firstly Greater Dragons/Greater Wyrms/King Wyvern should only be obtainable as pets, if you get an egg from nests that spawn guarded by dragons, you then have to hatch these eggs just like the dragon turtle.

These should be split into different species with different colours, different damage types and different bonus's such as the following:

-Greater Forest Dragon: Green in colour, does 50% poison damage, Casts Spellweaving spells.

-Greater Tempest Dragon: Purple in colour, does 50% energy damage, Casts chain lightning and does hit energy area.

-Greater Water Dragon: Blue in Colour, Does 25% Cold Damage, Summons Water Elementals, Breaths AoE water Waves.

-Greater Fire Dragon: Red in Colour, does 50% fire damage, Powerful Firebreath, does fire over time damage.

-Greater White Wyrm: White in Colour, Does 50% Cold Damage, Throws Iceballs at Ranged attackers, Freezes enemies with icebreath paralyzing them for a duration and damage does not break paralyze.

-Greater Land Dragon: Grey in colour, Does 100% Physical Damage, Does 75% Reflect Physical Damage, very high bite damage, no spells.

-Greater Shadow Wyrm: Shadow in Colour, Does 50% Chaos Damage, Casts Necromancy Spells, Lifeleech.

-King Wyvern: New monster, does 50% Poison Damage, Inflicts Lethal Poison, Does Poison Strike AoE, Poison leeches life.

Now you will have to get these eggs from the nests that spawn randomly, some eggs could be rarer than others.

Now aside from these, we need more variety of 5 slot pets as well as perhaps revamping the 4 to 1 slot pets.

These 5 slot pets could be anything just so we get more variety among tamers, some examples are the following:

Ridable T Rex.

Armoured Giant Bear (different armors can provide different bonus's).

Sphynx who has greatly increased spell damage.

Hydra who AoE firebreaths.

Phoenix who attacks very fast and does some flame orientated special moves.

Giant Serpent like coil who poisons and mortal blows.

Now the 1 slot pack animals still work reasonably well, but the 2,3 and 4 slot pets do need to be looked at and revamped. Hopefully the first section with growing and training will actually bring these pets into the fold with lots of different combos with the specials they already have.

Breeding System

I remember when tamers used to make a living selling mounts and such at the bank before pet bonding came in. Now a days they only make gold taming very good stat pets which takes ALOT of time to find a good stat one and train it.

I think a breeding system should be implemented to allow tamers to breed 2 pets at a time over a certain period of time to produce a new creature entirely, a different coloured creature of the same type, A creature with specific rare traits or bonus's. I remember the system from the pokemon games for gameboy lol breeding 2 pikachus to get a peechu lol. The possibilities could be endless.

All of these points are open to interpretation, some pets could have bonus's and attributes that greatly boost or strengthen the tamer him/herself which could open a new world of template possibilities.

Tinker skill

Tinkers could have a 120 tinkering powerscroll introduced which opens up a new world of clockwerk pets, a new battle engineering skill could also be introduced to boost these pets and heal them like vet and animal lore does to tamed pets; allowing healing and repairing of pets more efficient. Of course these pets would never be bondable but rare recipes could drop from boss monsters to be able to craft these pets that only tinkers can control. Some of these recipes could be really rare. The high end mechanical pets of these could also take alot of materials to craft to stop them being mass produced. Whole new mechanical pets could be create for this as well as existing clockwork monsters such as:

Exodus Overseer - Takes 2 control slots

Exodus Minion - Takes 3 Control Slots

Exodus Minion Lord - Takes 4 Control Slots

Exodus Juggernaught - Takes 5 Control Slots

Now looking to the 3 slot golem which seems entirely useless these days. I suggest allowing the golem to be customised with an armour slot, weapon slot and special ability core slot.

This will allow people to customise golems with different resists, different damages and damge types and different special moves and abilities. Could even make golem tournaments like my own Golem Wars even more spectacular.

Necromancy

A little touch on necromancy, I would have said more on this but the new necro mastery brought most of my ideas to light which I love. The only thing i'd say on this is the idea of 5 necromancers doing a sort of necro equivalent of an arcane circle to summon a bone demon with the original caster of the circle controlling it.

Last edited: