• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Drags..

S

Skwiz

Posted this in a GD Thread on Uhall.. Id like to know which of these "Fixes" Are completely idiotic in our players eyes.

Cap firebreath at 35 with no basis on resist.

End their casting range at 7 tiles. Make none of their spells delayed except explosion like it should be.

Lower their hp by just a little.

Make it so if they bite you and miss it longer still applys bleed, therefore they have to Land a hit inorder to bleed.

On siege perilous make monsters with a certain or higher barding difficulty impossible to bond.. Aka Super Dragons/Dogs/Beetles.. while still allowing crafters to bond their Beetles/Packs and regular players to bond mounts.

^ If not this.. Give pets a small timer of res sickness upon death so a tamer cant just instant res their pet and jump back into the fight.

Either change it so Disco is a 100% Chance on Greater Dragons, or make dragons as uncontrolable as disco fails ( Ive seen 120/120 Music Peace fail on a dragon 5+ Times where the tamer at 120/120 has a 100% Control rate over it. ) What i mean by this is.. 100% Disco at 120/120 or 50% Control rate at 120/120.

Change the pet command of "All Guard me" so i pet will not attack a player if the master goes into war and flags.. This is becomming a huge problem on siege if not all shards.. Stealth tamers are having their pets guard them and flagging *While in stealth* the dragon will attack whoever the master flagged without the master revealing. Also dismount archers are using this to instantly make the pet attack said player upon dismount.

Possibly lower the max Wrestling of the dragon to something more reasonable. Its going to bite at 40+ So with 120+ Wrestling its not an often miss on siege perilous for our players that dont max out Dci.

These are all ideas id like to see on siege only.. Considering Dragons arnt a problem on regular shards.. right?

C

Calibretto

I don;t know if the dragon is really the problem. They are very slow. But being able to move at mount speed with the dragon is. Make your mount speed ninja form take a control slot, after all your moving like on a mount. And fix hide /stealth if you'd have to wait to stealth after you hid. It would really put a damper on all the stealthers.

C

CroakerTnT

Posted this in a GD Thread on Uhall.. Id like to know which of these "Fixes" Are completely idiotic in our players eyes.

- not a bad idea, but only for PvP, not for PvM

End their casting range at 7 tiles. Make none of their spells delayed except explosion like it should be.
- also a good idea, but also set their fc/fcr at 2/6, no more.

- no, nobody's going to be meleeing these

Make it so if they bite you and miss it longer still applys bleed, therefore they have to Land a hit inorder to bleed.
- good idea (although I never noticed the bleed, i was usually dead)

On siege perilous make monsters with a certain or higher barding difficulty impossible to bond.. Aka Super Dragons/Dogs/Beetles.. while still allowing crafters to bond their Beetles/Packs and regular players to bond mounts.
- stupid idea. simply idiotic.

^ If not this.. Give pets a small timer of res sickness upon death so a tamer cant just instant res their pet and jump back into the fight.
- give faction pets statloss for 20 minutes

Either change it so Disco is a 100% Chance on Greater Dragons, or make dragons as uncontrolable as disco fails ( Ive seen 120/120 Music Peace fail on a dragon 5+ Times where the tamer at 120/120 has a 100% Control rate over it. ) What i mean by this is.. 100% Disco at 120/120 or 50% Control rate at 120/120.
- nope, i carry a dragon slayer instrument and can disco about 2/3 of the time with 120/120.

Change the pet command of "All Guard me" so i pet will not attack a player if the master goes into war and flags.. This is becomming a huge problem on siege if not all shards.. Stealth tamers are having their pets guard them and flagging *While in stealth* the dragon will attack whoever the master flagged without the master revealing. Also dismount archers are using this to instantly make the pet attack said player upon dismount.
- I've not run into this, but its a problem. Also, the dragon attacking anyone, for any reason, should reveal the master.

Possibly lower the max Wrestling of the dragon to something more reasonable. Its going to bite at 40+ So with 120+ Wrestling its not an often miss on siege perilous for our players that dont max out Dci.
- no. I really only find the casting/firebreath to be a problem. I almost never get bit.

These are all ideas id like to see on siege only.. Considering Dragons arnt a problem on regular shards.. right?
We should all go to Atlantic and make stealth dismount tamers and dominate for a week. We'll warn everyone, but there'll be nothing they can do.

Good post, btw.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I like the cap breath at 35 (against player only). I like the cast range change. Leave the hp alone. Agree with bleed/miss. Disagree with bonding change, disagree with barding change. Disagree with guard me change - instead fix hiding/stealth like Cali said. Leave the wrestling alone.

I think those fixes should be for all shards, not just Siege.

enigma eb2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why not just revert the champs to the way they were and remove super dragons? Its not like the champ changes stopped people from soloing the things anyway.

A

Alrich

the npc casting delay effects ALL npcs. To change this would mean a complete rehaul of the npc spell system, so don't hold your breath for that one.

I agree it should just cap breath damage vs players from tamed pets, and change ninja forms to require a control slot. (haven't we been asking this since they came out?)

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why not just revert the champs to the way they were and remove super dragons? Its not like the champ changes stopped people from soloing the things anyway.
yah remove the champ buffs so your solo spawns will be perfectly easy just how you like em. Sounds a little selfish to me..at least if the champ is up longer theres a chance someone will find you and raid :)

Aelfric

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make your mount speed ninja form take a control slot, after all your moving like on a mount. And fix hide /stealth if you'd have to wait to stealth after you hid. It would really put a damper on all the stealthers.
Making animal form count as a slot kind of defeats the purpose of the spell.

Also, I think, rather than making stealth be crappier, they should make detect and tracking better.

The delay on detect is too long. There should also be a better "auto-detect," or it should be brought back if it no longer exists. I can understand having to pick the animal that the characters transformed into on the tracking menu, but that arrow being so far offset is just annoying and kind of silly. It seems to do it for elves and humans, when I thought it should only be for elves. Elves are supposedly "harder to track," but rather than it requiring higher skill, they just move that little arrow further away. Seems to be more annoying than difficult.

S

Shakaja

those two are completely idiotic. not because of the changes itself, but because who you ask to do that.

thats the basics of npcs, specials apply even if npcs miss. their casting is always delayed. im sure for both things they dont even have a clue why it is like that or how they could change it. also dragons arent the only problem. they are right now because they just destroy any other pet. when there is only one tamer around, the mare beetle combo is still way better than the superdragon. i still stick to the changes i proposed in an earlier thread. those would be way easier and more realistic to implement and they would help pvp alot more as it would somewhat fix the problem instead of moving it to another area.

S

Shakaja

Making animal form count as a slot kind of defeats the purpose of the spell.

how would that defeat the purpose of the spell, could you please explain that? is the purpose of animal form merely to be able to run at mounting speed with a superdragon?

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the prob is, they made a change to how a npc cast. I notice that a summon deamon can cast the same way a GD does... there is like no line of sight once it has targeted u. And i think they changed npc casting when the GD patch came in, since most play with a GD we have only experienced it from a GD. and having the fireball special that does over 65 damage just makes it even worse.

maybe im wrong, i haven't been able to test this theory out since most my enemies only use a GD, and most summoned pets are dispelled...

I like the changes u listed, good ideas :)

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the prob is, they made a change to how a npc cast. I notice that a summon deamon can cast the same way a GD does... there is like no line of sight once it has targeted u. And i think they changed npc casting when the GD patch came in, since most play with a GD we have only experienced it from a GD. and having the fireball special that does over 65 damage just makes it even worse.

maybe im wrong, i haven't been able to test this theory out since most my enemies only use a GD, and most summoned pets are dispelled...

I like the changes u listed, good ideas :)
Its true, Rune beetles are doing the same thing.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO dismount is the real problem. Make bola's take tactics again, that would be one huge step.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know... this would fix the problem for us, easily.

Remove pet bonding

make any pet tamed, fully trained

Remove log out/log in pet retrieval for players that are aggressors.

Problem solved.

Kill the pet, the fights over for the tamer.

M

MoonglowMerchant

You know... this would fix the problem for us, easily.

Remove pet bonding

make any pet tamed, fully trained

Remove log out/log in pet retrieval for players that are aggressors.

Problem solved.

Kill the pet, the fights over for the tamer.
Or they could just turn on monster ignore and honor versus pets again.....you know, if you just want to keep things simple.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If tamers are to be powerful, then there should be risks.

We want to keep it fun for everyone, sir.

Pied Piper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say if your gonna nerf the pets UnNerf bards vs other players.

At least a 1 in 10 chance for area peace to work at the most....and it only works on players that have you flagged and not ppl that the "bard" flags that way its a totally def wep and wouldn't be used in misinappropriate ways like ive read about in the past before old stratics went poof.

Also I find it funny how ppl abuse the stupid delay in the explosion spell (kinda like an exploit) in GZ and then they abuse Natures Fury in a house (kinda like an exploit) and every ones forced to cope and deal with it as natural game mechanics..(put double walls up etc) and as an intended function the devs wanted.

Which hey I'm super kool with it...makes it fun. Right! (prolly sux for crafters though)

Thats how games work you adjust to new stuff thats introduced.

As for the dragons...lets get serious folks its a frikin Dragon...

IMHO it should "ALWAYS" take a group of players working "as a group" to kill a frikin dragon if its a midevil type setting of a game. Its a frikin dragon for gods sakes...

Wow we use spells they aren't frikin Laser cannons or photon missles ppl.
Also its a frikin game....alot of you act as if its your "LIFE" which I really find saddening...

Alot of the ppl I see complaining and crying in posts are the same ppl that abuse other interfaces and glitches in the game as well as purposely stalk and prey on the younger players in the game.

Hey I'm fine with that its part of the game guys.....Its all for fun. Right!? Jus poops an giggles? In the end I hope deep down inside everyone really loves each other and the experiences we have shared amongst each other.

Hey I enjoy gettin PKed it really doesnt make me mad. And even though Wyrm will always take your stuff from you Krystal doesn't all the times.

I think all these different aspects of the game truly do make it unique from all the others. And hopefully some of the friendships and adventures ppl form with and against each other causes all of you great happiness and joy...

WITH ALL THAT ASIDE I DON'T WANNA HEAR NO CRYING WHEN SUPER DRAGONS EAT PEOPLES FACES!

Thats whats supposed to Happen! I believe some of it is Karma coming back to slam itslef in Peoples faces...

No matter wat happens or whom kills me or wat is said I gonna be friend with everyone and you better watch out cuz Piper's Super Dragon gonna be comin soon....

Not jus any one either....I can farm them til I find a 4 star one or more....

Then I wont have to worry bout nakey bank chasin GZ exploiters spamming how they want tributes wasting 15 min of my time...

And thats all the Piper got to say about that! DEAL WITH IT!

~Time To Pay The Piper~

S

Skwiz

So what your saying is it "Should" Take a group of people to take the dragon out while its totally acceptable for a single player to control it?

Yeah that totally makes sense.. Why didnt i think of that.

Pied Piper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep...think about it for a second...

The best thing against a "TANK" is another "TANK." Or an anti-tank weapon. Which for the drags is a slayer (reptile or dragon slayer wep or spellbook) or another high end pet. And wats that? Bards!? (bards have slayer weps too!)

From what I've seen and read about UO even though it has "PvP aspects"; it is an MMO RPG type game isn't it? Even siege is other wise screw crafters....everyone jus gain skill and fight in NPC crap all the time then...

All Player versus Player means is your not fightin a computer AI. Sorry if they consider a tamers pet its wep

If you want a pure PvP experience where you know "exactly wat your gonna face" and "with even number of players on each side" set up community run duels or sumin.

Personally I think everyones mad cuz their gimplates with UOassist an crap dont work as well with the drags....I'm glad they brought them in...keeps the weiners out of Destard and other areas...

And you better get used to the pets cuz when they start allowing tamers to crossbreed em I'm gonna make a White Wyrm Super Dragon jus for the heck of it cuz I think it would be kool!

I think like that Kelmo dudes sig say....jus shut up an play. I wanna play Siege perilous not siege cry babys seriously...

S

Skwiz

When you start running suits with runics and arties like myself and many throughout siege maybe you will start to understand, Its quite annoying to lose 3+ Mil suits to All kill from a newbie who has no clue what he is doing when it comes to pvp, and who is most likely.. Naked.

But seeing as you are a newbie here, that explains a lot.

Perhaps you can answer me a question though, Why do all newbies comming over from prodo start out on a "Pvp" Tamer?

Pied Piper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah as of right now I can't full comprehend wat the prob is. It is a game. Not RL. Unless you are spending real $ to get the suits then I guess I can see where you are coming from. If thats the case then thats what happens when you make unwise decisions.

You have to remember all this stuff is still pretty new in terms of how long the GD been in the game. And they came along about the time that siege lost all the blessed stuff alot of "YOU GUYS" cried about.

There flame wars over blessed crap insured that etc.

No matter what they do ppl will cry whine and moan. There will always be somthing and always will for people to be upset about whoms lives revolve around a frikin game.

Its supposed to be fun. When its not fun then stop doin it.

I've been a long time reader of these forums for info for in game stuff whoms never cared to post or get a stratics account in the 1st place. But since I came to siege I decided to get one.

I actually came here to be a bard because you can be a mage, archer, or melee guy in any other frikin game out there. And to tell you the truth for me!?

Heck I thought it was kool you could be a bard. Then come to find out ppl cried and instead of finding a legit way of dealing with it...they took bards out of PvP pretty much in general which is dumb. Makes UO less dimensional.

Its already pretty much Stealth mage perilous....seriously? You can tell EA loves the mage template to death LOL

So I figured what the heck...get taming too...can make bunches of moneys/arties very easily by MYSELF if I wanted too...

I like the way the dev are goin with the game...I believe they will breaking new ground and will be setting the tone for future MMO's.

The last thing they need is ppl crying about lost stuff when crying caused all the non ins non blessed stuff in the 1st place.

If you really care that much about about every lil detail of the game and wat truly defines PvP then get the required education and take the job offer they have handed out to anyone whom wants it.

Other wise...like that one guys sig says

It's Just A GAME

~Time To Pay The Piper~

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think most of what you suggest should be implemented, with a few exceptions...

- GD's and other spell casting pets should cast as far as any mage player, certainly not any further
- Barding and bonding should remain the same
- Remove the log out/in "feature" to summon pets

Otherwise, all good ideas!

Q

qqqa2

i think its completly 100% fair, why shouldnt someone who is naked with a dragon be able to kill and loot a couple of ppl at once with multi-million $$$$ gear on? another smart idea was gimping animal form.

siege has had tamer problems even before the super drags came out, but thoes smart devs decided insted of fixing the problem, the'll just make it worse by added an even better tamable animal and destroying animal form so when that naked tamer dismounts you, you cant run away!

LOWELL @ the Devs and i guess at siege too for getting F#$%ed

S

Shakaja

When you start running suits with runics and arties like myself and many throughout siege maybe you will start to understand, Its quite annoying to lose 3+ Mil suits to All kill from a newbie who has no clue what he is doing when it comes to pvp, and who is most likely.. Naked.
maybe you should think about getting better first before you equip for that much. items wont be able to make you awesome, they can only enhance your abilities.

S

Sunchicken

In my opinion i think the non bonding idea would be the best fit for siege.

If i can put together an over powering suit and loose it, why should you get an over powering wepon and not risk loosing it?

S

Skwiz

maybe you should think about getting better first before you equip for that much. items wont be able to make you awesome, they can only enhance your abilities.
Yah i dont have an item blessed Inquis and Orny in my paper doll, btw like i said.. I knew there was no way you would run a legit mage... Your too predictable shak.

S

Shakaja

Yah i dont have an item blessed Inquis and Orny in my paper doll, btw like i said.. I knew there was no way you would run a legit mage... Your too predictable shak.
youd have to explain me how item blessed inquis ran with a gm armor suit would be better than your 3 mil suit. what crap do you run thats 3 mil but doesnt give you any advantage then?

S

Skwiz

ah gm armor.. thats even lamer.. youve got blessed 2/6 casting 18% lmc
and your prolly blesseing a dci 50% ring.. why the hell would you run gm with all that blessed? srsly?

dont you have like everything in the world on siege? yet your afraid to run a good suit with that much **** *blessed*?? thats pretty pathetic.

S

Shakaja

ah gm armor.. thats even lamer.. youve got blessed 2/6 casting 18% lmc
and your prolly blesseing a dci 50% ring.. why the hell would you run gm with all that blessed? srsly?

dont you have like everything in the world on siege? yet your afraid to run a good suit with that much **** *blessed*?? thats pretty pathetic.

dont have an itemblessed orni. that got stolen when i got hacked.

and why run gm armor? i dont know, why not. im trying to get better on my mage before i equip him well. id rather not play a template i can hardly play in 3 mil suits just to keep dieing to noobs. i already seem to be doing better in gm armor than you in your 3 mil suits xD

S

Skwiz

Yeah ya killed me once on my mage cause i stammed out.. Good job!

You havent seen me because im training 2 skills up from 70.. once thats done i'll start pvping on my mage again.

S

Shakaja

Yeah ya killed me once on my mage cause i stammed out.. Good job!

You havent seen me because im training 2 skills up from 70.. once thats done i'll start pvping on my mage again.
im still working 2 skills on my mage as well. i wasnt even talking about killing you thoo, i was more referring to not keep dieing to noobs. but i guess those two are somewhat linked anyways xD

S

Skwiz

Well i certainly didnt die to you alone if thats what your implying.

S

Skwiz

Well you said something about newbs and i just figured you meant yourself.. My bad i guess

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do savage to work still work like they did pre AOS? 1 or 2 hit kills on pets. Spell weaver can use Dryad Allure to tame them.

Aelfric

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how would that defeat the purpose of the spell, could you please explain that? is the purpose of animal form merely to be able to run at mounting speed with a superdragon?
There are certain advantages to animal form and certain disadvantages, when compared to having an actual mount. The advantages are that your mount doesn't die and it takes up no slots, which are the disadvantages to the actual mount. The more the spell becomes like having an actual mount, the more superfluous the spell becomes next to having an actual mount.

It may still be useful to nerf it for the sake of balance, but I'd much rather see possible things that could fight the "object-to-be-nerfed" made more powerful rather than see another nerf.

T

Trep

remove bonding for anything above horses/packies.....

its nice to think about fixing GD's....but you know they're going to release an even worse tamable soon...so instead of fixing this one issue right before they screw it up again....just fix it once and be done with it

S

Shakaja

There are certain advantages to animal form and certain disadvantages, when compared to having an actual mount. The advantages are that your mount doesn't die and it takes up no slots, which are the disadvantages to the actual mount. The more the spell becomes like having an actual mount, the more superfluous the spell becomes next to having an actual mount.

It may still be useful to nerf it for the sake of balance, but I'd much rather see possible things that could fight the "object-to-be-nerfed" made more powerful rather than see another nerf.
i was under the impression the advantage of the spell was the bonus you get from the form as well as the ability to interruptable cast it (pretty quickly that is too when you use fc) to basically mount up during battle.

i would have said ninjitsu was more made for assassins, specially dexer type ones and that it never was the goal to give tamers a way to use 5 slot worth of pets while being on an extra mount that doesnt require any slots. and if you say that ninjaform wasnt meant to take up a slot, you are obviously only talking about a tamer, because for every other template, it wouldnt matter if it took one or not.

Aelfric

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was under the impression the advantage of the spell was the bonus you get from the form as well as the ability to interruptable cast it (pretty quickly that is too when you use fc) to basically mount up during battle.

i would have said ninjitsu was more made for assassins, specially dexer type ones and that it never was the goal to give tamers a way to use 5 slot worth of pets while being on an extra mount that doesnt require any slots. and if you say that ninjaform wasnt meant to take up a slot, you are obviously only talking about a tamer, because for every other template, it wouldnt matter if it took one or not.
I see your point. I just don't want the "stealth-tamer problem" to result in an indirect nerf. The only other things it could hurt are ninja-mages, which i don't see too much of anymore, and ninja spellweavers, which, to me, is a pretty cool and, in the least, stylish, template that I wouldn't want to see affected, seeing as pixies and dryad allure are really important for it.

I realize those are hardly the sorts of templates people would be in an uproar about... it may not bother everyone, but it bothers me. There is a terrible imbalance, i know, but i'd just rather see taming directly affected once and for all.

S

Shakaja

I see your point. I just don't want the "stealth-tamer problem" to result in an indirect nerf. The only other things it could hurt are ninja-mages, which i don't see too much of anymore, and ninja spellweavers, which, to me, is a pretty cool and, in the least, stylish, template that I wouldn't want to see affected, seeing as pixies and dryad allure are really important for it.

I realize those are hardly the sorts of templates people would be in an uproar about... it may not bother everyone, but it bothers me. There is a terrible imbalance, i know, but i'd just rather see taming directly affected once and for all.

neither ninjamages nor ninjaspellweavers run around without being mounted. they cant run in animal form as they cant cast in it. so if they get dismounted, one slot will be empty for sure and they still can animal form away. the slot would only affect people that use nothing but pets/summons to do damage.

and there is exactly one of the problems. i dont think pets are too much of a problem. id like either a damage cap against players or preferably that tamers only do half damage to people they flag on. that would still allow tamers to defend themself when getting attacked but make them less of a fighter template. but i really think pets themself are only the top of the iceberg. its the ninja & stealth combination which makes them so wrong. ninja allowing them to have full offensiv power of 5 slots while still being able to run and stealth at mounted speed, smokebombs allowing them to always get away and the way how stealth works, namely being able to instantly stealth away after hiding. also its a problem how you can pop out of stealth, flag/attack someone and instantly hide again. imagine how dangerous a superdragon would be if you couldnt ninjaform, instantly hide after an all kill/attack while guarded and if you hide, you cant instantly stealth away. or imagine that for any other pet.