• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragons Nightmare

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Posters have mentioned how magery using pets will try to stand back and cast spells.

I took my fully upgraded Nightmare to Destard. The fight lasted a long time and took many heals. The two would stand apart and cast on each other until one ran out of mana. They separated about 5 times and did this:

NM drag.png

I put explosive goo and magery mastery on the Nightmare. It did more damage than the GD while they were apart and fighting. I had to heal when they were toe to toe.

I'm not impressed with the nightmare but it was fun.

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you drag the nightmare into the GD and then initiate battle or vice versa the nightmare generally stays in close combat and can deal quite a bit of burst damage...i found tho that that type of build is mostly for foes up to 3 maybe 4K HP otherwise damage will slow down considerably. My nightmare has armor ignore and magery mastery and to farm stuff < 3k hp it kicks ass :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posters have mentioned how magery using pets will try to stand back and cast spells.

I took my fully upgraded Nightmare to Destard. The fight lasted a long time and took many heals. The two would stand apart and cast on each other until one ran out of mana. They separated about 5 times and did this:

View attachment 66322

I put explosive goo and magery mastery on the Nightmare. It did more damage than the GD while they were apart and fighting. I had to heal when they were toe to toe.

I'm not impressed with the nightmare but it was fun.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The main issue I have found with magery mastery on a pet is it tends to cast magic reflect and stuff like that which drops its physical resist and Im doing a hell of a lot of vetting, I like that it makes them realise the teleport spell exists, but this doesnt really make up for it.

Moboid

Visitor
Still no idea if this attempting to keep range behaviour was intended or not. All it would need is an extra line in the magery mastery description "pet will now prefer to cast from a distance" or something and you'd know what to expect.

Take the Nightmare to shame level 1, it's so cramped in there mine (with the mastery) just ran in circles until it got wedged on a stalagmite!

I've also had mixed results on Test centre, even with another pet tanking the mastery one would keep re positioning itself, on the other hand when it did stand still my mage mastery ki rin used death ray a lot and it teleported in and out of combat a few times.

In the end i trained the Nightmare in poisoning to get rid of magery, he armour ignores more often now.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's not just magery....try to have 2 skree's fight each other..most boring battle EVER lol I tried that on test, tamed and bonded one and went and fought another...they stood a screen away from each other the entire time casting sleep ZzzZzzzz

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It's not just magery....try to have 2 skree's fight each other..most boring battle EVER lol I tried that on test, tamed and bonded one and went and fought another...they stood a screen away from each other the entire time casting sleep ZzzZzzzz
That's funny.

Skree 1: "You're getting sleepy..."

Skree 2: "No, *You* are getting sleepy..."