• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragons Damage Output in PVP is INSANE

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To all:

1) Here perhaps this will help clear up some of the issues some people seem to be having with this post: SIEGE PERILOUS This is a problem on SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS SIEGE PERILOUS Read it again, one more time. SIEGE PERILOUS no one on SIEGE PERILOUS gives a flying **** what happens on any other shard, we just want the problem fixed on, say it with me: SIEGE PERILOUS. We have different stats than you, much lower ones. The dragon, and the rest of everything, was balanced for regular shards, and while its ok that there are mega monsters running around trashing us, because its OPTIONAL, in the hands of players and in pvp, not so much.
Leave them the way they are on the rest of the shard, lovely, great, that's not what the post is about.

2) Monsters cannot be lead off anymore, or at least not with much ease, due to the new pet command changes. Not that that matters some people apparently thing its ok that you need a troop of people to run around ready to do combat with super dragon in pvp, or that everyone (majority) should have to alter their ways of playing to avoid being destroyed by this tamer (minority) crap.

3) The "How would you like it if your uber sword got nerfed lololol!" argument makes no sense, NEVER made sense, will NERRRVER make sense. Why? Can my sword run around out of my hand doing 50 point damages, while AT THE SAME TIME, I can also run around, bolaing, casting spells, paralyzing/dismouting you with my bow or what the hell ever else? Can I run around naked with a fist full of bolas if I care to and still be as effective as fully suited people if I get lucky?
No. It can't, I can't.
The only class that can do that... it's tamers, and mages with summons, but I think we all know its not the same. And to further address the question I above paraphrased, would I want my skill nerfed if it was uber powerful and was causing game issues? Yes. Yes I would.
I have been a tamer since 1998. I have ALWAYS been frank about how tamers have been over powered for a good hunk of that time, and was one of the few tamers calling for them to be toned down during the original era of dragon pwnage. I have a mega dragon, with awesome stats in the stable and I realize that it's over powered. I was annoyed that they put the stupid things into the game period, and the fact that if you want to now harvest barbed (something I used to do on a daily basis, because on siege people wear gm armor), you basically must have one, or you get nuked by the wild ones.

4) The whole being amazed by the op use or trammie just makes me sad. Are you really so stupid not to realize that he means people who take a low risk/use cheap tactics? Its just an insult term. Oops I just directly insulted some people, its ok though the mod who posted in this thread will just remind me to: "Mind Your Own Buissiness?" in this public forum, and no one will feel bad!

Oh geeze I almost forgot, no thread would be complete without clever ass smilieS!!!!

So lets beat a dead horse and drink shots... maybe I can find an ascii picture of picard looking dismayed someplace... na this will have to do.
:danceb::loser::coco::lick::danceb::next::mf_prop::bdh::bdh::lie::flame::fake::postcount::grrr::owned::ten:

There all done!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play SP, and I play LS. Funny thing is, this would almost make some kind of sense if you said it in regards to Felucca LS.
But since there is no Tram on SP, nor any other facet with safe-play rules, it shows that you are simply trying to cause trouble.
Name your Siege characters name. I'm curious because your post sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about.

Since you seem not to understand how to PvP against a tamer, here's some help.

Those smoke bombs you're complaining about - don't magically give the tamer another 100 skill points for stealth. So when they use them they cannot follow you while you lead the dragon around a house or a corner and ditch it.

The only way around this is if they have 220min invested in taming to have a GD, 99min in Ninjitsu, 50min in Hiding, and pretty much another 100 in stealth.
And all of that still doesn't let the GD catch you on foot, so you walk around a sharp corner and are left facing a Character with nearly 500 skill points invested in skills that don't protect them from your spells/attacks or allow them to cause damage to you.

Someone with 220 points in combat/magic .. .
No.

Archer stealth ninja tamer.

Dismount at range, sick dragon on and dead. Spells, bleed, firebreath, and hard hitting melee attack.

Tamer immediately dismounts and stealths away for little to no risk in combat.

There is no passive detect so unless you have the skill or hit them with an area effect... they can move around and theres nothing you can do about it.

Oh and lead it around the corner? Hah. Go stealth off and log out/log in... bam you have your pet again (yay EA for making this game so user-stupid)

Imagine running into a group of 10 tamers running around with greater dragons.... no, it's absolutely ridiculous.

S

Salty Pete

Come to Sp.. try these dragons out.. Yes they are slow.. but the problem is WE ARE PVPERS.. We dont want to *HAVE* to run away from a dragon each time it shows up to completely ruin a fight... Usually 2 Guilds will be fighting and a super dragon shows.. The guild with the dragon will just stand on screen with the dragon and wait for us to come to them.. OR just walk around and keep pace with the dragon.. Running away means "There goes tonights PvP" basically.

Second.. These dragons are Very crazy because on SP We dont have Insured suits.. We cannot stack our Hp X1200.. We Cant run Blessed 45% Dci.. We cant Run 95+ Fire to stop Corpseskin. We cant run 12HP regen on top of a good suit.. We lack almost all the defense you say we should use to fight a dragon because we have *ONE* bless.. For a dexxer this is usually Always a weapon.. meaning inorder to run a Very good suit.. Its 1+ Mil.. Which isnt a problem.. UNTIL you get Bit 42 Damage (Bleed) lets say lightning for a weak spell.. 12 and Fireballed for a low 50 which is *All* our Hp.. There goes a nice suit to All Kill.
What happens when you discord the tamer?

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has nothing to do with me being a Moderator. I responded to the OP because I play a tamer and here he is asking EA to basically nerf one of my weapons. How would you like it if I said your favorite weapon was way too powerfull and asked EA to nerf it. Search my post history. I have never once asked anything to be nerfed. I think everything is fine as it is. And no I am not big and bad. I just happen to feel passionate about my tamer character.
I also play a tamer, a lot. Yet, I happen to agree with the OP. Super dragons are ******** and should have never left test center. Maybe they are slow and don't help your "yew gate pvp style" but in a dungeon where the REAL pvp happens, there's not a lot of room to outrun the beasts. Furthermore, as a tamer I am forced to use one those damned dragons because I know if I don't we won't have enough meatshield power to stop our opponents 5-10 dragons.

I've seen my tamed dragon do 70+ hp fire breaths to my opponents and this is on a production shard where people do have good suits. I can well imagine on Siege it's a helluva different story.

S

Skwiz

What happens when you discord the tamer?
The tamer runs off and logs their pet before we can kill it, while their guild runs off and waits for it to come back... 1000 HP undiscoed is extremely hard to kill before the tamer Logs out/Pet Balls it multiple screens away.. and lets say we Do disco it.. We need either a Bandaid Blue Chiv Parry char to tank while mages cross heal him (Which the tamer can easily still log / pet ball ) Or another Super dragon to take it out. (Which the tamer can Still... log / petball )

Btw prodo kids.. Even if this isnt a problem on prodo or anyother shards.. that isnt the issue here.. Its a huge problem on siege, end of story.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

They stack up on DCI, hp regen, and smoke bombs and if you try to target them they disappear faster than you can get them to 1/2 life.

Its just impossible to continue pvping while this bull**** is around.
Adapt or complain.....adapt or complain.....hrmmmmmmmm.

Its sad most choose the latter. It looks like they templated and geared their toons with a desired purpose.Maybe you should try the same.

Boris Badenov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its sad most choose the latter. It looks like they templated and geared their toons with a desired purpose.Maybe you should try the same.

I don't have enough skill points to add 120 music/disco do deal with a gd...and tracking /detect to find the stealth tamer and still have enough skill to fight.
Plus as I'm sure has already been pointed out(I didnt read most of this thread) the op is on siege. we don't run all 70s suits. we mostly run gm leather. No insurance, you know. I don't know why I waste my time on threads like these. Tamers will never want to give up their super pets.

H

Hugibear

UHall's solution to this problem is pickup disco/music. I play in a land that has 1 character per account. I play this shard becuase I like true pvp, you lose your **** when you die. I have 2 accounts 1 red/1 blue. I cannot compete if i take off 240 skill points to put on disco/music. If I disco the pet what the hell am I suppose to do then? I will have no combat skills to kill it. And usually his/her guildmate with another SD will be right there to kill you. The second a tamer sees a discorder on the field you are the number 1 target for that guild.

Another brilliant answer is to adapt, wear better gear. Yeah I love losing 1 to 3 mill suits in under 2 seconds. Yesterday I was fighting, a SD pops outta hiding (someone invised it) bleeds, explo, curses, flames me. So i run away around a house like this thread suggests and sure as **** I die to a 70 point firebreath. Lets break this down dismount archer arrow 20, bite + bleed 25 points, explo 20, flame 25, curse 5, firebreath 70=165 points total damage in under 2 seconds. I chugged a heal, and started an aid, made it about a screen and dropped.

There is an obvious problem here with the damage over time on these dragons. I dont care about pvm, I willnt hide that, I am not asking for a change to the pvm. But no player should have the ability to deliver 145 points of damage in under 2 seconds. (yes i took out the archery hit from above to get 145 becuase the dragon didnt shot the arrow the player did)

E

Eslake

Name your Siege characters name. I'm curious because your post sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about.
I was responding to his claim of playing SP in conjunction with complaints about "Trammies." ;)
But I play as Rantog on SP. (nin/parry/mage)
-and a miner/smith on my 2nd account but he is still training up.

The bulk of my comments about GDs is in regards to them on Blue shards. When everyone is running around in artifact-bonus all 70s gear, GDs are a joke.

On SP it is another matter. While gear options have increased there too, the lack of insurance prevents everyone from loading up on the high end items. So the overall power of the typical character has not increased as it has on the other shards.

I would say just pull GDs off of SP but what would they do about the ones already tamed? :(

Dismount at range, sick dragon on and dead. Spells, bleed, firebreath, and hard hitting melee attack.

How does the tamer dismount to stealth when they could not have been mounted in the first place? ;) GDs are 5 slots, leaving no space for a mount.

As to the rest it is fairly accurate.
Archery, Hiding (since you cannot use stealth w/o it), Stealth, Ninjitsu, Taming, Lore.

But it is a suicide template.
No means of self-healing/cure other than pots (/love delay), and the archery w/o tactics is virtually useless.
The first time they get revealed they die - quickly.

They essentially boil down to a portable single-spawn of a half-power GD. :p

I agree on the logout/in thing. But I don't know how they can fix it other than reverting to leaving pets standing there when you log out. :(

Maybe something like the house block flag, but then people would be on here with torches and pitchforks because the neighborhood vampire bat caused them to lose their bonded packy when they logged out.

L

Limlight

therefore any competent pvper can easily outrun (even on foot) my dragon and lead it off...
lol...try that on Siege with a 50 Resists GM Leather suit...lol

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say just pull GDs off of SP but what would they do about the ones already tamed? :(
Delete them. What's REALLY the problem is that we kill the overpowered dragon and 2 seconds later it is back up.

Honestly, there is ONE simple fix to this issue. So rather than delete them...

Remove pet bonding completely from Siege and make any pet tamed on that shard, fully trained from the get-go.

Problem solved.

How does the tamer dismount to stealth when they could not have been mounted in the first place? ;) GDs are 5 slots, leaving no space for a mount.

As to the rest it is fairly accurate.
Sorry, should of read: Tamer immediately dismounts me and stealths away for little to no risk in combat.

Archery, Hiding (since you cannot use stealth w/o it), Stealth, Ninjitsu, Taming, Lore.

But it is a suicide template.
No means of self-healing/cure other than pots (/love delay), and the archery w/o tactics is virtually useless.
The first time they get revealed they die - quickly.

They essentially boil down to a portable single-spawn of a half-power GD. :p
110lore 110taming 120archery 90tactics 90ninja 100hiding 80stealth

No passive detect on Siege and Chiv Close Wounds or Spellweaving Gift of Renewal in Human form for heals... even though you'd never really ever need it.

MOST tamers run with stealth dismounters (archer) and even then... Bolas allow for dismounting (yay for no tactics!) so they don't even need the cheap archery

110lore 110taming 100vet 120magery 100ninja 100hiding 80stealth is the most common template. Swords of pros give you defensive skill (at 120)

accompanying this gimpie char is usually a stealth archer ninja... making it even more stupid because any archer can dismount by just double clicking you... LAME.

I agree on the logout/in thing. But I don't know how they can fix it other than reverting to leaving pets standing there when you log out. :(

Maybe something like the house block flag, but then people would be on here with torches and pitchforks because the neighborhood vampire bat caused them to lose their bonded packy when they logged out.
My suggestions has always been to make the animal go into your stables when you log out/lose connection, rather than to your character - which every player abuses.

Either that or get rid of the stupid feature all together. If people don't want to lose their pets because they can't keep track of them... then use a crystal ball of pet summoning.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i love you blackrain for TRYING way harder than me to explain WHY siege perilous needs to have pet bonding removed completely.

its just impossible to please everybody here, you cant expect tamers to understand how badly they are ****ing up PVP on siege, and you can't expect trammie tamers to agree with anything siege players will ever say.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes u can outrun a dragon on foot. this is what happens, i run around a house on foot the dragon gets stuck. i think ya im safe, WRONG!! im dead, cause a dragon has no line of sight, once it starts dumping it spells on u. it will cast through wall, through floors, and even if ur on a mount and run 4 screens away from it, u can still die cause its still casting on you. a lot of the tamers dont even know when they have killed someone cause the corpse is so far off thier screen.
Anyone in uo can be a tamer, 2 macros all kill and smoke bomb. I have a tamer but i refuse to PvP with it. Pets should not be brought into pvp!

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only down side to using a Greater Dragon is lack of mobility. In a fight that requires running multiple screens they are fairly useless, but give a Tamer the job of guarding a choke point and they are definately to damn strong.

They are really out of whack on Siege, but the fact is they are too strong even on prod shards.

UO has everything backwards, the easiest chars to play (Tamers and Archers) are the most powerful. It should be the other way around.

Z

Zurloth

I dont understand how anyone could say Super dragons are fair on Seige.

And to the people that say Super Dragons are not over powerd on production shards:

Is it fair that a tamer gets a 1000 hit point offensive creature with that much damage out put? what other class can even compare to that?

You can run away from a super dragon, but running away isnt pvp. There should be other options then fighting a dissmount tamer then running on and off screen.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude I play a tamer and as I mentioned in a previous thread I tried the whole PVP with a greater dragon and it sucked. The dragon is slow as heck and even a nooblet on foot can out run them. Geez people only complain about a template when their own templet is not the god template of the day then they want everyone nerfed so they can be God again. I thought Seige players had a set and did not whine about things. You just go and whack the player. Atleast you don't have tram rulesets where people can bank sit and smack talk all day and feel protected. Grow a set and go about your buissiness please. Thank you move along. :bdh:

modding at it's best.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not fair for a pet to be doing 80+ damage to a player in one hit. Actually it is not a melee hit, it is a casted spell. That means it is a ranged attack that you have no way of anticipating. Totally unacceptable both on Siege and in PvP on regular shards.

Imagine me casting explosion > flamestrike combo on you with out you even knowing about it until it hits you. That's what greater dragons are all about. To test this grab a guildmate and put him/her on your ignore list. Have him/her cast Exp>FS with protection on you while one of your other guildmates is dismounting you and poisoning you etc.. Then have a 3rd guildmate healing the first to simulate the GD's 1000 HP.

That is what a Greater Dragon is like in PvP.

E

Eslake

UO has everything backwards, the easiest chars to play (Tamers and Archers) are the most powerful. It should be the other way around.
Not backward, just misunderstood.
The older dev teams took the Journey into consideration as much as the destination.
So skills you could GM in a week yielded much less overall ability than skills that took a year.

But that doesn't really apply now. Mosts skills are 1-day to 120, with just a rare few (still including taming) taking months, and the resulting power is roughly equal.

Most of the "Nerf GDs" talk is just people looking for something to yell about.

On SP it is an issue.

But where people are running around in insured 70s suits, there is no validity to the complaints whatsoever.

At least not complaints about the pets themselves.
The chain-casting and casting through walls are seperate issues, and need to be fixed.

A PvP cap on fire breath wouldn't be asking too much, but it won't change anything either, since the same people who are "for now" saying that is what makes GDs too powerful would be right back here the next day complaining they have too high of an Eval skill, and then too much melee damage.. and so on.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK we have at least come to some solid conclusions on both sides it sounds like

1. Greater Dragons are mainly a problem on siege perilous

2. Greater Dragons should have a cap on their fire breathe damage in PVP

3. All pets need to have their spell casting abilties looked into because they cast WAY to fast, WAY to far, and WAY to often

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not read thru all 77 posts before responding......

Greater Dragons were a mistake.

They do not belong in this game anywhere.

nuff said........

(and yes, i have a tamer and can get a greater easily enough)

Y

Yalp

The older dev teams took the Journey into consideration as much as the destination.
So skills you could GM in a week yielded much less overall ability than skills that took a year.

But that doesn't really apply now. Mosts skills are 1-day to 120, with just a rare few (still including taming) taking months, and the resulting power is roughly equal.

On SP it is an issue.

But where people are running around in insured 70s suits, there is no validity to the complaints whatsoever.

The chain-casting and casting through walls are seperate issues, and need to be fixed.

A PvP cap on fire breath wouldn't be asking too much, but it won't change anything either, since the same people who are "for now" saying that is what makes GDs too powerful would be right back here the next day complaining they have too high of an Eval skill, and then too much melee damage.. and so on.
amen.. and amen...

take a look at the post made for one of those peeps yelling to cap firebreath damage.. we went through his gear.. line by line.. until we found he was carrying an opposing slayer.. take it off.. and damage is in a range acceptable.... not the 70-90 plus damage most peeps who've been crying on these boards say. Actual cold hard facts.. (added to the previous cold hard math facts posted again and again).

Yes.. some other issues need fixing.. but capping firebreath on shards (pvp or no) other than Seige.. not an issue.. just peeps whining cause they have to make some adjustments.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
PASmountaindew isn't a UHall mod so there was no moderating being done there... Just another fellow UO player sharing his opinion.
It is the shield, it makes you any easy target. Sad but true.

Please understand folks, Tamer PvP is a different animal on Siege.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is the shield, it makes you any easy target. Sad but true.

Please understand folks, Tamer PvP is a different animal on Siege.

it wasn't the shield, and u should know me better then that. it was how he responded, it was ignorant a rude and i woulda responded to anyone the same way. everyone acts like SP dont have a say here, and im tired of it. We pay the same monthly fees as everyone else. I play SP for the PVP and not PvM. if u re-read GG's post he says a prob on SP. SO I AGREE WITH GG, GD's SHOULD NOT BE ON SP or atleast nurfed.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*blows krystal a kiss*

Z

Zurloth

On SP it is an issue.

The reasons Super dragons are overpowerd is a combination of

There breath capable of doing 50-80 damage (normal hits of 40 and bleed special)
There breath/casting capable of being done many screens away (issue with taming not GDs)
There Hit points and Resists combine to make it hard to kill (PS: why do mages not get slayers for it)
There resist able to be OVER 120 (making it immune to paralize, only pet ingame with this)

I have no problem with Greater Dragons being the strongest pet.
However GDs have the best of everything with no weakness in PvP
They also take advantage to the bugs that were allready apart of taming (see there casting/breath)

Y

Yalp

That's not entirely accurate.. they have huge weaknesses which have been well documented..

the tamer is ALWAYS on foot
they are slow as molasses
they are notoriously weak against cold
they can only target one at at time

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah its pretty easy to gear your "toon" (hate that term, but thats beside the point) toward tottal destruction with little risk from a massive game imbalancing template choice, but to deal with it, you have basically 3 options.

1) You cripple you template by adding in music and discord, and constantly run with archery and dragon slaying bows, and or have a whole crew deicated to dragon killing, which is beyond lame, and the benifit (and fun) is 100% one sided.
2) You get your own stupid tamer ninja archer template, and play DvD rather than pvp. Whats the point?
3) You leave the area. Fun over for the day.

None of these options are right, or fair. If I missed one please, enlighten us because it was missed by everyone else as well as myself.

hat's not entirely accurate.. they have huge weaknesses which have been well documented..

the tamer is ALWAYS on foot
they are slow as molasses
they are notoriously weak against cold
they can only target one at at time
1) It doenst matter, you cant come near them with the dragon around, cause if you get dismounted, then you are in big trouble. Run into two of them in tandum? Why bother?
2) 50-80 point fireballs, off screen spellcasting with oover 120 skill. Donesnt matter if they are slow. Run into two of them in tandum? Why bother?
3) Thier "notorious weakness" to cold is 40-55%. Thats not that weak. Couple it with 950-1000 hitpoints, there only being one good cold spell that requires you get fairly close, the above mentioned distance attacks, and a fast melee attack that does around 40 (and this is with a GOOD suit, not likely to be used on siege) good luck doing 1/3 of its life by the time the tamer can drag it away to reheal. Run into two of them in tandum? Why bother?
4) Yeah, and its pretty easy for them to kill someone in 3 seconds. Then the tamer is free to switch targets, and who can target more than one person at a time anyway without wither? Run into two of them in tandum? Why bother?

Something else thats not even being considered is the running of 2 or more in tandum. One is hard enough to escape, 2 at once from a duo coordinated in vent, its 99% death. There is no recourse, because no one can live long enough. Make it 5 dragons, again, why bother might as well just log off.
Sure you can say gank squads always suck, but on siege skill really does play a part and there are plenty of people who can stand, and even defeat 3-4 on 1 odds. Two even 50 damage fbs coming at you, forgetting any spells... well thats not a winable situation.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah its pretty easy to gear your "toon" (hate that term, but thats beside the point) toward tottal destruction with little risk from a massive game imbalancing template choice, but to deal with it, you have basically 3 options.

1) You cripple you template by adding in music and discord, and constantly run with archery and dragon slaying bows, and or have a whole crew deicated to dragon killing, which is beyond lame, and the benifit (and fun) is 100% one sided.
2) You get your own stupid tamer ninja archer template, and play DvD rather than pvp. Whats the point?

None of these options are right, or fair. If I missed one please, enlighten us because it was missed by everyone else as well as myself.

1) It doenst matter, you cant come near them with the dragon around, cause if you get dismounted, then you are in big trouble. Run into two of them in tandum? Why bother?
2) 50-80 point fireballs, off screen spellcasting with oover 120 skill. Donesnt matter if they are slow. Run into two of them in tandum? Why bother?
3) Thier "notorious weakness" to cold is 40-55%. Thats not that weak. Couple it with 950-1000 hitpoints, there only being one good cold spell that requires you get fairly close, the above mentioned distance attacks, and a fast melee attack that does around 40 (and this is with a GOOD suit, not likely to be used on siege) good luck doing 1/3 of its life by the time the tamer can drag it away to reheal. Run into two of them in tandum? Why bother?
4) Yeah, and its pretty easy for them to kill someone in 3 seconds. Then the tamer is free to switch targets, and who can target more than one person at a time anyway without wither? Run into two of them in tandum? Why bother?

Something else thats not even being considered is the running of 2 or more in tandum. One is hard enough to escape, 2 at once from a duo coordinated in vent, its 99% death. There is no recourse, because no one can live long enough. Make it 5 dragons, again, why bother might as well just log off.
Sure you can say gank squads always suck, but on siege skill really does play a part and there are plenty of people who can stand, and even defeat 3-4 on 1 odds. Two even 50 damage fbs coming at you, forgetting any spells... well thats not a winable situation.

totally agree!

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

AGREED, and damn well said.

Its NOT a winable situation, i wouldn't be here complaining about it if it wasn't becoming a stupidly annoying and impossible problem to solve.

Its either, become a stealther, become a tamer, or just leave? I dont want to have to flee everytime i see a certain template, thats just stupid, there needs to be an even level here and NO class hould dominate like tamers are right now on siege.

H

Harb

We seem to be singling out the dragons, maybe because they're the easiest single "target" to pick apart, maybe because they're the greatest source of frustraion to many, I guess it's different for each of us. Personally, I have more concern with the archer/ cu combo, but it's neither of these specifically - rather the synergy created by the combination of character skills, ability of the pet, speed of engagement, and special moves. Regardless of the pet and tactics, I really think we're all bantering around a synergy issue that has no correlation in consistent offset, leading to concerns of play balance. Synergy issues are always tough for dev, implications run throughout the full gaming environment and through all playstyles. I hope the dragons don't take a major adjustment that falls into the nerf category, but do believe a PvP breath cap may be appropriate. As for the concerns with the tamer/ archer/ ninji/ pet/ special moves dillemma, yep dev needs to look at it hard, but good luck to everyone in finding a solution that will be satisfying to "most" (forget about "all")!

Y

Yalp

I see your points, and I have to say...

what it seems like you are saying is your idea of fun is more important than everyone else's idea of fun..

secondly.. your idea of a good template is more important that someone else's idea of a good template....

and third... your idea of ganking 3 on 1 is more important than a ganking of 2 tamer v 1?

Pot.. Kettle on line 3....

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see your points, and I have to say...

what it seems like you are saying is your idea of fun is more important than everyone else's idea of fun..

secondly.. your idea of a good template is more important that someone else's idea of a good template....

and third... your idea of ganking 3 on 1 is more important than a ganking of 2 tamer v 1?

Pot.. Kettle on line 3....
No.

The only thing you seem to accomplish is play devils advocate... and very poorly at that.

Good bye.

K

KidJoe

Ill use what i want...its a game get over it. I like my rune/mare combo faster and cleaner.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ill use what i want...its a game get over it. I like my rune/mare combo faster and cleaner.
WOW, way to be blatantly slow.

It's a game that supposed to be a fun.

We choose siege perilous as a shard so that there would be more risk, playing a naked archer tamer template with a bonded pet and nothing but bolts on you ain't exactly much risk and its WAY to hard to kill for the little reward

NO reward for us, little risk for them, why should we be forced to run and ruin our pvp night simply because these people have found a nitch in game that allows them to play like gimps not on siege perilous.

E

Eslake

in tandum
in tandum
in tandum
Why do so many of the posts complaining about GDs bring up 2 Tamer+GDs vs 1, or a Tamer+GD and ABC archer vs 1, etc?
Why is it these posters have no friends when every single tamer they meet seems to have one? :p

PvP used to be fun because it was a challenge to adjust tactics to each new type of opponent. :( But these days it seems to be all about crying for nerfs to keep your gimplate on top of the power scale.

My LS PvP Mage (scribe/weave/mage) has yet to die to a GD tamer. And I am not a serious PvPer by any means.
That and the rarity of even seeing them is a good indicator that they are balanced - or underpowered - for blue shards.

It is entirely another matter on SP though.

And the casting off-screen and through walls is not a Taming issue, it is an issue with all spellcasting NPCs. And the game consider pets as NPC hirelings.
It is something we have asked for some time to have fixed, but I can't find a single Dev responce to the problem.
Not saying there aren't responces somewhere, I just haven't been able to dig them up.

G

galefan2004

This is becoming a HUGE problem on siege perilous where a handful of trammies
I'm confused. How do you have Trammies on a shard with out Trammel? I can understand the "insult" on a production server but COME ON you guys don't even have Trammel.

Also, thank you for this new and interesting post that doesn't get reposted every single time it falls off of the front page.

G

galefan2004

I'm not making any point for or against greater dragons... I'm just saying the topic is stale and the devs have already said that they are in the process of addressing the topic in an upcomming publish, so there's no point in having a flame war over it until after changes are made.

:bdh:
Is this the same as the developers saying they are nerfing sampires? As in, they will say whatever the hell you want to hear just to shut you up and then magically push it off. Nerfing tamers would give me yet another reason to no longer bother with UO.

G

galefan2004

Btw prodo kids.. Even if this isnt a problem on prodo or anyother shards.. that isnt the issue here.. Its a huge problem on siege, end of story.
It seems like players of SP will not be happy until the developers spend 100% of their time developing exclusively for SP. Of course, if the developers spent 100% of their time developing for SP this game would have like 100 players left.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like players of SP will not be happy until the developers spend 100% of their time developing exclusively for SP. Of course, if the developers spent 100% of their time developing for SP this game would have like 100 players left.
they dont need to spend 100% of thier time developing SP, all they need to do when they make something new for the game is take 10 min outa thier time and ask themselves, Is this good for SP, a shard that mostly made for pvp/pking. if not then dont send the file to sp!

and i said mostly, i know not everyone on SP are into pvp... but most the shard is here for the risks:)