• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragons are Underpowered

Z

Zoran

Isn't it sad when a poor tamer ventures out onto the field with his greater dragon only to be attacked by two only halfway decent PvP'ers and slain in seconds? You would think someone who had spent so much time and effort building a difficult skill such as taming- then going out to find a suitable dragon THEN training it up would have a better chance in PvP.
But they just don't, do they?

These poor fellows are running around slowly on foot leading their dragon- whose AI is dumber than a rock (ever see one chase somebody around a corner? me either.) and most of them are practically defenseless once the dragon leaves their immediate area.

Well, maybe something should be done to balance the game out. Maybe we should make them a bit faster or smarter. I don't use one for PvP but anyone whose halfway decent (and of coarse has a little teamwork in their guild) must feel these poor souls need a little more edge.

Or I GUESS we could just leave it all alone and sort itself out.
Whatever.
~Zoran

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it sad when a poor tamer ventures out onto the field with his greater dragon only to be attacked by two only halfway decent PvP'ers and slain in seconds? You would think someone who had spent so much time and effort building a difficult skill such as taming- then going out to find a suitable dragon THEN training it up would have a better chance in PvP.
But they just don't, do they?

These poor fellows are running around slowly on foot leading their dragon- whose AI is dumber than a rock (ever see one chase somebody around a corner? me either.) and most of them are practically defenseless once the dragon leaves their immediate area.

Well, maybe something should be done to balance the game out. Maybe we should make them a bit faster or smarter. I don't use one for PvP but anyone whose halfway decent (and of coarse has a little teamwork in their guild) must feel these poor souls need a little more edge.

Or I GUESS we could just leave it all alone and sort itself out.
Whatever.
~Zoran
LOL, I suspect you posted this to counter the other threads about SDs being overpowered, but it's still refreshing to see!

My view is that the SDs are fine, they should bump up players to 3 to 5 times the current HP instead so that warriors can tank just as well as a hiryu (bumping up to SD levels is a bit too much). Damage output remains the same. Give more survivability, since you can't get 1 hitted.

Still, lots of people may also see this as being overpowered.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is forcing you to use a greater dragon...just use a rune beetle/mare combo...arn't they overpowered enough for you?

E

ElRay

Give me the idol!! THROW ME THE WHIP!

Junior?

C

Cacio

He is right im not playing my pvp tamer anymore.
They can kill now my super dragon in few seconds.One archer using i thnk non lowfulll programm or i dont know what discord and can kill now my super dragon in seconds.Two of those player its my super Dragon in 3 secds down and i dont know waht they use now??If these are discord archer or they use non lowfull programms!!
Its not looking if those archer use Discord becasue i know the grafics of Discord.For my opinion they use a specail programm.

L

landon27

No..they are as strong as intended they are in no way underpowered. They are stronger then dragons and they where not intended to be an instant kill like geting guard wacked. If your on foot and a GD is on you unless you have pots and max dci and invis your prob dead since if you get dragon breathed you can be at 10 hp. They are very strong lesson here, tamers got there do they are as powerfull as any class now just don't mess with the big bad dragon and don't be dead.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you guys think GDs are underpowered, it does beg the question of how much power you'd rather have.

Wenchy

Z

Zoran

If you guys think GDs are underpowered, it does beg the question of how much power you'd rather have.

Wenchy
How much power? All of it baby, ALL OF IT...

First you get the money.... THEN you get the POWER.... Then you get the women......
~Zoran

S

Shanna

If they ever do nerf greater dragons, they better make it 4slots because I want a tank if it's 5slots.

Z

Zoran

Hmm, when I posted a satirical thread it was moved to S&R.. so I expect the same for this thread.
Perhaps- but as you can see, this is not a rant but a serious suggestion. We get many many ranting about the power levels of GD's, but very few speaking out for the plight of the Tamers and their poor slow dragons as far as how outmatched they usually are in PvP.

I guess if every rant about the power of greater dragons were moved then you might be on to something.
~Zoran

Z

Zoran

LOL, I suspect you posted this to counter the other threads about SDs being overpowered, but it's still refreshing to see!

My view is that the SDs are fine, they should bump up players to 3 to 5 times the current HP instead so that warriors can tank just as well as a hiryu (bumping up to SD levels is a bit too much). Damage output remains the same. Give more survivability, since you can't get 1 hitted.

Still, lots of people may also see this as being overpowered.
Indeed I did- and I agree on many of your points. I can see why some might percieve that as well- but honestly I get downed on the field fewer times by these Dragons than by peeps who can magically cast Flamestrike/Explosion/poison/ and agaion Flamestrike in the blink of an eye hehe...

I dont know- just have a hard time seeing GD's as much of a threat when already a tamer on the field is the 'easy kill' lol.... The "nerfing" I wanna see is speeder progs, medic progs, and FC progs. Now THAT would be a sweet nerf!
~Zoran